The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

KO_banner.jpg

If possible, I’m trying to blow some new life in to KO campaign and am planning to get a Datacenter hosted server to host KO for the foreseeable future. The campaign will go on as long as DCS World is compatible, and I will keep on making it compatible with new updates of DCS as long as it is possible. When we roll over to DCS 2.5 there may be some time we must hold back the update of this server but we will work on making the transition over to 2.5 as soon as possible. The new Caucasus map will be a completely new simulator for campaign like these.

I hope the server will pay for itself every month and to make that happen I have included a PayPal donate button. On the webpage you will find a donate button just under the live map and a donate page that explains what the donations will be used for. I will create monthly reports over how much is donated and what it is used for. The PayPal account will be used to order a Dedicated Datacenter hosted server when donations reaches the cost of one month. I will fund the first month myself so there ideally will be enough funding on the PayPal account for one month without any funding at all. If that happens I will move the hosting back to my private testserver.

For now we are conducting testing of the server that will run for a week. I’m very interested in feedback on bugs/lag and strange things happening but you must report all bugs you find to ED according to the bug reporting rules published on this forum.

Please join in for the fun! :)

Webmap: http://dynsis.com/ko/

DCS Server: *** KO Dynamic Campaign ***

DCS Simple Radio Standalone is mandatory.

Please give credit to DEADBEEF for koding the KO campaign, Ciribob for all his DCS scripts. The campaign also is heavily dependent on MIST by Speed and Grimes. :thumbup:

-------------------------------

RED won round 1:

Congratulations to RED side for winning the "KO Revived" round 1! :clap:

On 12. September 2017: The mission is reset so you can play again but I'm planning a competition in KO with some prices. Just need to get the rules more aligned first but I will reset the map when the competition is starting. All are of course welcome to test out KO in the mean time by logging on the server and learn to capture bases territory. :)

RED won round 2:

Congratulations to RED side for winning the "KO Revived" round 2! :clap:

On 21. September 2017: Campaign will be reset.

BLUE won round 3:

Congratulations to RED side for winning the "KO Revived" round 3! :clap:

On 30. September 2017: Campaign and player score is reset.

Player statistics is moved to archive for later use.

Tacview share for KO Revived:

The upload is manually done this time so you have to look at the file name to get the correct file for the time of play.

The example file started recording the 14th September 2017 at 22:50:19. The time zone on the server vas UTC + 1 and displays like this:

Tacview-20170914-225019-DCS-The Kaukasus Offensive 1.0.15.zip.acmi

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3uhM09LIER0c0xCMGdsSWZ4a0E?usp=sharing

This sharing is temporary and will be removed once I have a better and automated share option. Have fun :thumbup:

Edited by HiJack
  • Like 1

Very cool. How do you keep your persistence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A simple answer might offend, but basically in a file on the hard disk that records the ownership of places and a player persistence in terms of lives, money etc. It's written to in realtime and read at the start of the mission. They publish a statistics page driven from the event system too.

KO is my all time favourite map/server, Deadbeef did an awesome job on it.

DCS isn't as well performing right now sadly so the timing may be off.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

A simple answer might offend, but basically in a file on the hard disk that records the ownership of places and a player persistence in terms of lives, money etc. It's written to in realtime and read at the start of the mission. They publish a statistics page driven from the event system too.

KO is my all time favourite map/server, Deadbeef did an awesome job on it.

DCS isn't as well performing right now sadly so the timing may be off.

Very cool, me and my buddies will be dropping by.

Very cool. How do you keep your persistence?

It is actually quite simple. As Pikey pointed out it all starts with a lua-table containg all unit including type and position being written to a file. On startup I parse the table and go through every unit and spawn it. If a new unit is placed by a player it is added to the file including who placed the unit, positions are updated periodically to be easy on performance, if a unit gets destroyed it is removed from the table and wont spawn again. There is not a single unit being placed in Mission Editor, they are all dynamically spawned with a lua-function.

It is actually quite simple. As Pikey pointed out it all starts with a lua-table containg all unit including type and position being written to a file. On startup I parse the table and go through every unit and spawn it. If a new unit is placed by a player it is added to the file including who placed the unit, positions are updated periodically to be easy on performance, if a unit gets destroyed it is removed from the table and wont spawn again. There is not a single unit being placed in Mission Editor, they are all dynamically spawned with a lua-function.

Damn that is cool.

Great to have it back online! Thank you very much!!

It runs smooth..

Is it possible that red gets black mig 28 and SU25A? :$

Edit:

Rex found out that F12 view is enabled

Also idk which player base is aimed at but outside views are ON aswell

Edited by RedBat07

Is it possible that red gets black mig 28 and SU25A? :$

For now I will run the settings as they are. I'm starting a new test system so I can experiment with different options but no changes yet.

Rex found out that F12 view is enabled

Also idk which player base is aimed at but outside views are ON aswell

OK, that is strange. I have switched off all external views except the MAP. The mission settings ED have is a mess :mad: I will check again. There must be some settings that is outside the "options" file in the mission and is not part of settings page in GUI.

if you click on the donate button, it's getting you a temporary paypal "account" where you just enter your card details, that's all

make sure paypal works in your country (it doesn't work in Russia, Iran etc... sanctions)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you click on the donate button, it's getting you a temporary paypal "account" where you just enter your card details, that's all

make sure paypal works in your country (it doesn't work in Russia, Iran etc... sanctions)

yea it doesnt work here

Can't load up any pods or external tank for AJS37. I think the mission file is to old for the current verison.

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

A small update on the KO Campaign.

Added a 2xSu-25 and 2xMiG-29A on RED side.

Added a 2xSu-25 and 2xA-10A on BLUE side.

Airports are really packed so if there are requests to add aircraft on some of the airports it will then replace something else.

Have fun! :joystick:

• Like 1