Thrustmaster MFD specific LCD Monitor

Thrustmaster MFD specific LCD Monitor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Thrustmaster MFD specific LCD Monitor

• 50-100 GBP
    • 100-150 GBP
    • 150-200 GBP
    • 200 -300 GBP or more

Wait, you have three 4K monitors and you want to drive them all with your 1080Ti? is that right? I don't think you have enough horsepower to run it all with a 1080Ti. I'm not sure a 2080 Ti could drive all three 4K monitors and MFD monitors.

Also HDMI splitters are used to send the same video to different sources so that won't help.

Do you have the MFDs already working? Do you need helping with monitor config files? If that's the case, you can look at it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

Finally, for the hornet, the MFD names were changed. But I don't have them off the top of my head (I got rid of everything because I went with VR)

Hi Hansangb, I changed the way to connects the 3 8" screens, i already purchased (but didn't receive it yet) from eBay Used* Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP instead the splitter of the HDMI.

I plan to connect the 4th port of my Nvidia 1070Ti GPU to the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP (3 ports are already occupied by the main 3 43" screens ), and I think/hope that the Matrox Triplehead2gocan deliver the ports to a 3 surround screens.

As i see see from the eBay store , i believe that Matrox has an external power supply , so hope that will help me to have enough power to connect the additional 3 8" screens.

do you think that maybe i wrong and no chance to get the 3 surround 8" screens ?

Many thanks for your opinion , BR

Aviram_AD

Hi Hansangb, I changed the way to connects the 3 8" screens, i already purchased (but didn't receive it yet) from eBay Used* Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP instead the splitter of the HDMI.

I plan to connect the 4th port of my Nvidia 1070Ti GPU to the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP (3 ports are already occupied by the main 3 43" screens ), and I think/hope that the Matrox Triplehead2gocan deliver the ports to a 3 surround screens.

As i see see from the eBay store , i believe that Matrox has an external power supply , so hope that will help me to have enough power to connect the additional 3 8" screens.

do you think that maybe i wrong and no chance to get the 3 surround 8" screens ?

Matrox is powered by USB. You can't run 3 4K screens via the matrox. Only up to FHD each. So it's only good for MFDs.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

HDMI splitter is just that. It splits the same signal over multiple monitors.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

In case it isn't clear. The matrox is a display aggregator. It aggregates 3 displays into one "wide" one. 3 1024x768 displays become one 3072x768 display, etc. How you place DCS content on them is up to you and your DCS configuration.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Hi Lt, I took your advice and i purchased from eBay Used* Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP Edition paid 90US$ and waiting to get it.

I have question, if i already have 3 screens (43" each one) that used my main screen of the cockpit (these connected to 3 DP ports of my DPU NVIDIA 1070Ti, and i intend to connect the 4th HDMI free port the the IN DP port of the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif , is the meaning that if i connect the 3 8" screens to the 3 output DP ports of the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif ,the Windows 10 will be able to identify these additional 3 screen individually ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

It won't address them individually but you don't need that. It will be visible as one big monitor which is exactly what you want for dcs.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Just a word of Warning, 1070Ti with such a config is grossly underpowered. Even an overclocked 2080Ti will struggle to get above 20 fps with 3x4K display + exports.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Matrox is powered by USB. You can't run 3 4K screens via the matrox. Only up to FHD each. So it's only good for MFDs.

Thank you,

I intend to run only the 8" screen via the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP, the main 3 4K screens that i have connected to the Nvidia 1070 Ti GPU . and according your comments i will connect the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP via a USB HUB that got backup electrical power from it power supply.

Hope that it will success.

Anyway, thank you for your support , highlight for me a lot of things that i didn't take in my consideration. :)

Aviram_AD

Thank you,

I intend to run only the 8" screen via the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP, the main 3 4K screens that i have connected to the Nvidia 1070 Ti GPU . and according your comments i will connect the Matrox Triplehead2go T2g-dp-mif - DP via a USB HUB that got backup electrical power from it power supply.

Anyway, thank you for your support , highlight for me a lot of things that i didn't take in my consideration. :)

Your config looks good! Let us know how it goes

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Or just cover up the unused portion of 8" Liliputs. I used a thin aluminum sheet (those "For Sale", Be Aware of Dogs signs and painted it matte black. Took 30 seconds to make.

Or use the extra space to put the LCD control panel (still need to set the labels on this). Sorry it's not on; I really need to get an F-18 out and doing something interesting to take a better picture.

stick.jpg

Thank you,

I don't think we're getting through. The matrox will work fine to consolidate the screens for the MFDs. No worries there. But you keep mentioning three 4K monitors connected to 1070 (not 1080Ti). And neither 1070, nor 1080Ti will power three 4K monitors.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

What 11.6" screen are you using in 2020?

I have 2 Cougar MFDs right now on an old 22" 1680x1050 Samsung monitor and it works fine but it's a heavy monitor by today's standards and drags the swivel arm down that it's attached to. I'd like to just get a nice 1080p 11.6 IPS screen but don't know what to look for.

My monitor is hooked up to my 1070 via displayport (Freesync 75Hz 1440p monitor) which leaves me with an HDMI so I assume I look for a screen with HDMI? There are several on Amazon, but reviews are all over the place. Is it better to get one powered by USB? I've read that can really impact in-game performance. Any help appreciated.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I also decided to use three Liliput 8" monitors behind my Thrustmaster MFD, the work great and the price was reasonable. Of course part of the screen is not used but over all I'm satisfied with the results.:thumbup:

20200120_081419.thumb.jpg.00f4d568852b602c7e450668cb929269.jpg

20200120_081625.thumb.jpg.ab5300bb17c90edc542f9098f29faa9e.jpg

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I also decided to use three Liliput 8" monitors behind my Thrustmaster MFD, the work great and the price was reasonable. Of course part of the screen is not used but over all I'm satisfied with the results.:thumbup:

It's a nice setup for sure, but where I'm finding these screens they will cost me well over $300 CDN for 3 of them, which is way more than I'm willing to spend. Where did you get yours and did you get them recently?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

It's a nice setup for sure, but where I'm finding these screens they will cost me well over $300 CDN for 3 of them, which is way more than I'm willing to spend. Where did you get yours and did you get them recently?
if you have access to a 3d printer you can make enclosures and just buy the panels + controllers.a5e65bd9a5fad37614dd4a639d01dfa0.jpg

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Thanks, I purchased them from Amazon in 2017, and they are quite expensive around $145.00 each, I started off with two and added the third one when the Hornet was released. They are worth the investment.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

After rereading you post I might go the matrox to go the takes one hdmi output to three hdmi ports for displays it strings them as one long display

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Thanks, I purchased them from Amazon in 2017, and they are quite expensive around $145.00 each, I started off with two and added the third one when the Hornet was released. They are worth the investment.

You bought the monitors for $145 each? I have the TM Cougar panels already (2-pack) but don't want to get another pack just to throw one away. I use them for the A10C and the Hornet right now. I only paid about $64 CDN ($47 USD) for those when newegg had them on sale last year.

Are the ones you're using like these:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/7-800x600-CLAA070MA0ACW-LCD-Screen-LVDS-TTL-Tcon-Board-DVI-VGA-LCD-Controller/181356421375?hash=item2a39af60ff:g:YagAAOSw7I5a~9pK

if you have access to a 3d printer you can make enclosures and just buy the panels + controllers.

Do you mean like these:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/7-800x600-CLAA070MA0ACW-LCD-Screen-LVDS-TTL-Tcon-Board-DVI-VGA-LCD-Controller/181356421375?hash=item2a39af60ff:g:YagAAOSw7I5a~9pK

What do you do with the wires and control board when it's hooked up?

You bought the monitors for $145 each? I have the TM Cougar panels already (2-pack) but don't want to get another pack just to throw one away. I use them for the A10C and the Hornet right now. I only paid about $64 CDN ($47 USD) for those when newegg had them on sale last year.

Are the ones you're using like these:

I'm using these monitors, and I also had to purchase two sets of TM Cougars (for $64.00 a set before they went up) and gave the extra one to my brother to complete his set up.

https://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-Monitor-non-touch-Screen-Viviteq/dp/B003LS95SG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=LILLIPUT+8%22+4%3A3+Um-80%2Fc+Mini+USB+Monitor&qid=1579574260&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Spoiler: