BF 109 K4

DB 605

Curiously, aileron Flettners appear to be mostly fitted to WNF built G-6s, G-14s and G-10s. Could be a factory specific thing, though Flettners were definietely meant for Ks, as per manual.

Yes, there's also few pics of G6's with outer landing gear covers like K4. Maybe they just used all parts that was available at the moment.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true, but I wonder how many F's were still in service in France 1944

Zero. They were already replaced by G-models in 1942/43.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Special emergency power C-3 + MW was cleared for 10 minutes of duration, i.e. for a longer period than usual. Between two ten minute (!!) uses a 5 minute cooldown period was recommended. The MW booster carried in the plane was sufficient for 26 minutes of continuous Special Emergency use.

Theoretically, but, according to the JaPo book on the K series the fuel consumption @ 1.98 ata using MW 50 went up to 650 litres per hour = 239 litres of fuel if MW 50 was used for 26 minutes, 217 litres for 20 - over half the 400 litres of fuel in the main fuel tank. How many pilots actually used 10 or 20 minutes worth of MW 50 in action? How many combat actions actually lasted 1 minute, let alone 10? The only times that such long periods of boost could have come in handy was during an extended, high speed chase, or evasion: it was nice to have, but would rarely, if ever, have been used to its full potential.

The added tank and equipment with a full load of MW 50 weighed 93.18 kg (205 lbs) so, if MW 50 wasn't used for the full ten or twenty minutes during combat that's an extra load being carried for little gain. Was the MW dumped before landing? By way of comparison, the only weight gain for RAF fighters using 100/150 grade fuel plus extra boost was dependent on how heavy a gallon of 100/150 weighed cf 100/130.

Edited by Friedrich-4/B

already done the DB 605 audios in dcs world. :>)..... awaiting a nice project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtIh7TGq8o

It's good to know that if game sounds will be disappointment there's replacement sounds already available :) Damn that idle sound is so sexy...great work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By way of comparison, the only weight gain for RAF fighters using 100/150 grade fuel plus extra boost was dependent on how heavy a gallon of 100/150 weighed cf 100/130.

Not the only, by far. There was the weight and drag of the inter cooler system, enlarged radiators to cope with the heat generated and the weight and bulk of two stage superchargers to actually produce the pressure required to make any advantage of the higher anti-detonation rating of higher grade fuels. These systems in effect were responsible for the same thing as MW-50 - cooling the charge and the engine itself.

Installing all this resulted in a weight creep from about 6600 lbs of the Mark V Spitfires to 7400 lbs on the Mark IX Spitfires.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Originally Posted by Friedrich-4/B

By way of comparison, the only weight gain for RAF fighters using 100/150 grade fuel plus extra boost was dependent on how heavy a gallon of 100/150 weighed cf 100/130.

Not the only, by far. There was the weight and drag of the inter cooler system, enlarged radiators to cope with the heat generated and the weight and bulk of two stage superchargers to actually produce the pressure required to make any advantage of the higher anti-detonation rating of higher grade fuels. These systems in effect were responsible for the same thing as MW-50 - cooling the charge and the engine itself.

Installing all this resulted in a weight creep from about 6600 lbs of the Mark V Spitfires to 7400 lbs on the Mark IX Spitfires.

There was no weight increase needed to take advantage of the extra power available through using 100/150 grade fuel and +21 or +25 lbs boost compared with 100/130 grade and +18 lbs; nor were there any differences in the radiator & intercooler systems for either the Mk XIV or Mk IX.

Edited by Friedrich-4/B

Yes, those systems were already present as added weight, as given above. Intercoolers and two stage supercharger system were necessary for the Merlin/Griffon series, since those relied heavily on rather high boost pressures to produce power. MW 50 essentially produced the same effect of charge cooling, just with different methods.

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Duplicated

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Why dont you, kurfurst and friedrich discuss your huge knowledge about the shape of every bolt and nut in your own exclusive thread and leave all us, simple mortals rest?

Its always the same. Its A. No its B. No its C. No you are wrong im right, my sources are better. No you are wrong your statement is not true. And so on and so for.

Please...

Not to mention the continuous offtopic references.

What a nightmare could be this forum when the 109 get released and you post how wrong is the model and how bad is the plane compared with the supossed real thing you know so well.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Oh God ¡¡ My contribution is no more replies.

My two stage supercharger is broken and i have spent all my methanol injection to my keyboard. Excuse me, i´m wrong. My keyboard is from early 1944, no methanol injection and no supercharger provided for my keyboard model ( Logitech 1944 from Verordnungen und Befehle des R.D.L.und des O.K.L ).

Maybe someone could post i´m wrong again and argue that my early 1944 keyboard could use 1.98 ATA and MW-50 and it´s not broken anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Esac: Don't read the thread. Put the people you don't want to listen to in the ignore list and you'll never see any more posts.

Not meaning this as an offence but merely a suggestion for you.

regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Why dont you, kurfurst and friedrich discuss your huge knowledge about the shape of every bolt and nut in your own exclusive thread and leave all us, simple mortals rest?

Good suggestion - I heartily invite Friedrich to share his many findings on the 109's nuts and bolts and bits on my own discussion board instead (http://kurfurst.freeforums.org/index.php). He seems to be very fond of discussing aircraft to such depth and I am sure he will find a sympathizing audience there; here some may find this, however much we enjoy it, well, just utterly taxing. Its also a more proper venue for such, this is a simulation board after all and should be, first and foremost, a forum for discussing the DCS sim environment.

Edited by Kurfürst

In my opinion, any knowledge, information, pics, drawings, charts, bolts & nuts etc. are very welcome to this thread, unless it will become endless (and mindless) debate that will not get anywhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my opinion, any knowledge, information, pics, drawings, charts, bolts & nuts etc. are very welcome to this thread, unless it will become endless (and mindless) debate that will not get anywhere.

Yes for sure!! But sometimes it seems like theyre attacking personaly each other in a subtile way.

Which is not nice.

EDIT: and also it happend in the history that there are files and documents which where made puplic only partwise. To make it look like the knowledge of the client is correct.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

^Agreed.

A bit off-topic, but Eduard has released something that should interest all 109 & beer fans: http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Eduard-Gustav-Beer-glass-collection.html?cur=1&listtype=search&searchparam=glass

Looks pretty nice, i might order one set...:)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]