PFM Su-33 first traps

WildBillKelsoe

I think I'm in love <3

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Did you do a manual update?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Did you do a manual update?

no, I fired DCS and it prompted me for an update so I accepted. I then looked at the bottom right of desktop found that its 22/9 so there must be the Su-33. Then after the 800 mb update, which happened under my SBPro gunnery practice, I fired DCS and to my surprise, the Su-33 was in the news to claim it.

I had already mapped everything except the autothrottle toggle and autothrottle increase and decrease set speeds, voila.

Fired mission editor, then browsed to Su-33 recovery in quick start missions at the very bottom.

I was airborne when it started so I unpaused and then hit my fraps record key and voila.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hmm. I haven't gotten home yet. Just wondering.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Hmm. I haven't gotten home yet. Just wondering.

Go home quickly... I have the campaign sea dragon running now...

Haha! By now I've already downloaded Open beta and got the SU33 PFM. I had some troubles getting my tailhook to raise, and the refueling boom won't retract more than 2 inches. But this is what I expected for Open beta, so I'm happy anyways! :)

Very strange...

Check my post

Very strange...

Thanks for the vid, love it. Don't normally fly jets, but really enjoy watching others do a good job.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks for the vid, love it. Don't normally fly jets, but really enjoy watching others do a good job.

Its very rewarding landing on that 150 meters...

So true!:)

The first video is just unbareable.. A Sukhoi landing on the Kuznetsov while having Top Gun music? That's a severe crime! Blasphemy! Treachery of the highest sort! Pitch forks and torches! A shame to the great monument we call Top Gun and a disgrace to the legacy it created. I have no words for this piece of tape you call a video, I am filled with rage and disbelief. I think this is the time I will have this community because I can't take it anymore.

Oh who am I kidding, the new Su-33 PFM is cool as hell :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

The first video is just unbareable.. A Sukhoi landing on the Kuznetsov while having Top Gun music? That's a severe crime! Blasphemy! Treachery of the highest sort! Pitch forks and torches! A shame to the great monument we call Top Gun and a disgrace to the legacy it created. I have no words for this piece of tape you call a video, I am filled with rage and disbelief. I think this is the time I will have this community because I can't take it anymore.

Oh who am I kidding, the new Su-33 PFM is cool as hell :D

Trust me, I tried to find the Russian equivalent. Besides, Bill et John also played it in a F-15, many, many moons ago.. :music_whistling:

Its very rewarding after so many bolters, and each time now it feels you'll either snag one of the thongs or enter the drink.. Lets thing a thong :megalol: