Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

Pave Low is an E model. Refueling in a helicopter would be AWESOME!!

Pave Low is definitely not a E. The Pave Low modifications were made to the twin engine CH-53B's and C's the Air Force was using for CSAR. The modifications were enough to change the designation to MH-53H. These Helicopters have been further upgraded over time to MH-53J Pave Low III and MH-53M Pave Low IV standard. The Air Force has owned not a single H-53E helicopter.

The CH-53E is a three engine version with seven main rotor blades (vice six of the twin engine models) and has a canted tail. It is a far more capable heavy lift helo than the standard twin engined H-53's. Then there is the MH-53E whose primary purpose is airborne MCM... Mine countermeasures. The MH-53E is also good at transporting lots of cargo to the ship.

Edited by Vampyre
Typo
  • Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 4 weeks later...

CH-46, CH-47, CH-53 and most of all HH-3 E/F, specially with the F-14 coming out.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I saw a CH-47 in game a few days ago for the first time....it looked and sounded legit. How hard would it be fore someone to put a proper cockpit in it (non click, FC3 style) and a flight model? Just curious, I'm no modder so I was wondering. I also am under the impression that it's a huge waste of time because every ED update breaks mods like this.....

:-(

~S

Puma, I would love one! a superb machine with a superb service reputation.

CH-53 does look great with stats to back it up, the early machines look like a real weird ugly dog but the later machines look like awesomely powerfull and menacing looking machines.... I like!

The Chinook is the Chinook, it is just capable with internal room to spare.

ALL THREE PLEASE!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I saw a CH-47 in game a few days ago for the first time....it looked and sounded legit. How hard would it be fore someone to put a proper cockpit in it (non click, FC3 style) and a flight model? Just curious, I'm no modder so I was wondering. I also am under the impression that it's a huge waste of time because every ED update breaks mods like this.....

:-(

~S

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3043923&postcount=2 ;)

• 4 weeks later...

1) Mi-26... but please *multi-user*.

I'd tend to be more interested in multi-role capability, particularly anything you can launch anti-ship or AG missiles from for goodness sake! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Perhaps larger helicopters could be a catalyst for developing naval operations in the sim, I think ship based ASW missions would be great.

2) HH/MH/SH-60 Black Hawk family... Hellfire missiles :D

3) AS532 Super Puma OR EC725... Exocet missiles :D

However if it's well simulated, I'll always consider it. NB I could have added the AW101 Merlin but it is fly-by-wire so would need a proper simulation of this for me to buy it.

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

+1 Would love to see playable CH-47, CH-53 or SH-60

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I would be very happy with HH-3E Jolly Green Giant, or HH-3F Pelican

Fun for amphibious operations:D

172939.jpg

SH-3D in option:P

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• 3 weeks later...

they could do the CH47 and give us the "guns a go go" gunship load out in the armaments panel.

5 x m2hb .50 on pintel mounts (2 each side and one in the rear) with rockets m134 and 20mm cannon firing forward..

its the spooky spectre puff dragon of helicopters.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I would like to see a Puma at some point, real neat helicopter. We do have the Bo coming, and with all of the other "foreign" stuff (I'm US) it'd be cool to have another US helicopter, especially when so many of them are legends - Apache, Cobra, Hughes -6 series, Blackhawk series, etc.....

Just my $.02 (USD)

We do need foreign yank kit quite badly and for me the list is and in order:

Apache A or D I would love either. I would feel right with the world just knowing one of these was in development even if another 2 years was anticipated for completion.

OH-6A

MH-53 pave low, just an awesome looking machine, bumps and protrusion galore and in all the right places!

OH-58D

AH-1W

This is American only list mind, but the first 2 would probably maintain position in the global list.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Since Razbam is obviously looking at making a fully modeled transport USMC helicopter first to go with the AV-8 Harrier.The only choices would be the CH-46 Sea Knight,CH-53E Super Stallion or the CV-22 Osprey.But i think the Osprey would be unlikely since it's mostly classified.I most definitely would choose the Super Stallion.If you guys also decide to make other helos,i would like to see the CH-21 Shawnee/Flying Banana,H-43 Huskie or CH-37 Mojave.