Thank you for the RWR update!

gavagai

RWR Missile Launch Warning enabled

:worthy:

This changes everything!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It adds Fox-1 warnings to the RWR.

The 2000D had the D2M, not the 2000C.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Does this add the D2M aswell or no?

Not yet.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yes, TWS drops a bugged target very easily.

You expecting something different? It´s TWS, not STT. The Radar is only "remembering" where the target was and where it was going, and only updates when the Radar actually sweeps over it again, which can take a couple seconds. If it didn´t find it again because of Radar related reasons, it drops the contact.

Now, wether or not the Radar SHOULD detect the contact is a different topic. But that would have to be judged by looking at the cases to weed out the instances in which it made sense to lose the contact and the pilot just doesn´t know it´s supposed to do that because he´s used to the F-15. XD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

You expecting something different? It´s TWS, not STT. The Radar is only "remembering" where the target was and where it was going, and only updates when the Radar actually sweeps over it again, which can take a couple seconds. If it didn´t find it again because of Radar related reasons, it drops the contact.

You don't need to explain the difference between STT and TWS, please.

In these cases I've already decreased the azimuth and limited to a 2 bar or 1 bar elevation. As soon as the target is dropped, the radar immediately picks it back up again (after I have to move the tdc and change the elevation back to where it was), so the target did not disappear from the radar's search pattern. The target can be flying straight and level, inside 30nm, and TWS drops them within a predictable interval of time, every time. It's an unannounced change in behavior with one of the recent patches. If it is an intended change I will gladly listen and adjust.

:worthy:

This changes everything!

I totally agree with this

Mirage has now become a very dangerous beast - sneak&hide tactics is not really necessary from now on

I can face F-15s, Su-27s and really have chances against them and dodge missiles like crazy

but I'm now becoming more concerned of the FM - is this realistic to dodge everything just like that ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but I'm now becoming more concerned of the FM - is this realistic to dodge everything just like that ?

Is it the plane's FM, or the missile's FM/ guidance law ? :music_whistling:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I totally agree with this

Mirage has now become a very dangerous beast - sneak&hide tactics is not really necessary from now on

I can face F-15s, Su-27s and really have chances against them and dodge missiles like crazy

Any charts/docs discrepancies you are referring to? I cannot find any mismatch with M2000c`s FM, nor it`s performance, it`s what it`s supposed to be. Kinda weak to go by "I think" or such...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]