Could mirage been able to carry AGM122A ?

hotrod525

The AGM-122A was never exported.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

There was a anti-radiation missile tested on the Mirage but never implemented as far as I can find. The topic came up a lot before the module was released.

I'm sure it could be implemented by Razbam but it would probably require a lot of work and be questionable in regards to real life.

In my opinion, it would greatly enhance the usability of the Mirage and be a superb addition.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Just NO, the Mirage needs his avionics and other parts to be finished/fixed.

No need to add any fanciful/what if weapons.

It's DCS, digital combat SIMULATOR. Not Ace Combat.

Not that I don't agree with your statement but I think the days of DCS only being a combat simulator are gone.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

In a simple, polite answer..

NO

..sorry

Thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes i know that DCS is a Simulator, but any customer can have whatever armement on their plane when they purchase it. Either Dassault, Airbus or Boeing (or anyother for that matter) will integrate the weapon system you want. Its not like they are going to refuse billion dollar contract for a missile / gun / bomb. Especialy when its only about adding the proper coding into the plane computer :thumbup: (Ex : Israel Mirage 3 had guns at their request, IAF Su30Mki with Litening Pod, etc.)

But Okay its not happening trought official channel, i'll try to mod it on my own (for my own pleasure)

Thank you for answering.

Edited by hotrod525

But no one did integrate the Sidearm into the Mirage, so what's the point of having them in DCS?! In that case we could put every weapon on every plane, which would be pretty retarded...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes i know that DCS is a Simulator, but any customer can have whatever armement on their plane when they purchase it. Either Dassault, Airbus or Boeing (or anyother for that matter) will integrate the weapon system you want. Its not like they are going to refuse billion dollar contract for a missile / gun / bomb. Especialy when its only about adding the proper coding into the plane computer :thumbup: (Ex : Israel Mirage 3 had guns at their request, IAF Su30Mki with Litening Pod, etc.)

But Okay its not happening trought official channel, i'll try to mod it on my own (for my own pleasure)

Thank you for answering.

Adding something physically is easier than implementing "only software".

Want a R-27 launcher attached to an truck? easy.... wiring for computer? easy... But to get software working.... can of worms...

and cannon aint as complex as ARM missile.

But sure... pay enough and world aint against you unless physics...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

But our mirage is a French Air Force 2000C, not an export version...

Even export versions don't have the Sidearm.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thank you for answering.

Make 1 billion $ paypal donation to Razbam and I'm sure they can send you a private custom version which feature Sidearm, AGM-88 or anything you want :lol:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Make 1 billion $ paypal donation to Razbam and I'm sure they can send you a private custom version which feature Sidearm, AGM-88 or anything you want :lol:

For 1 billion $ i would expect them to do a Mirage 2000-5 mk2 and Rafale instead of some unrealistic weapons screwed on our current M2000C. :D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

For 1 billion $ i would expect them to do a Mirage 2000-5 mk2 and Rafale instead of some unrealistic weapons screwed on our current M2000C. :D

Ask Dassault Systems, for 1 billion they might consider it :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Ask Dassault Systems, for 1 billion they might consider it :D

Actually, i should spend that 1 billion on Dassault Systems for a couple Rafale and Mirage jets in real life instead of a simulation of it and have enough for some other toys. :D:joystick::pilotfly::smilewink:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

So then what did they French use for their ARM missile of choice?

AS37 Martel carried by Mirage IIIE

Mirage3E_1988_3-JD.jpg

or by Jaguar A

097.jpg

The missile has been successful against Libyan SA-6 in Northern Tchad in 1986.

Iraq also made great use of export version (BazAR) with Mirage F1 EQ in Iran-Iraq war, like vs Hawk SAM or early waring radar.

But for export it was better known as ARMAT:

http://www.ausairpower.net/alarm-armat.html

The missile had 3 different seekers to choose from depending on intended target. So it wasn't well suited for target of opportunity.

The missile was big, supersonic in HA and long range capable.

The unusual thing is that the warhead was ejected passing by the radar antenna; so it would destroy hit.

The missile's body still had the capacity to inflict damage to truck/ ship below the antenna (especially on ship).

enca.png

Test ship after impact

21.jpg

2Tir-dun-missile-air-sol-de%CC%81part-dun-rail-sous-le-fuselage.-1024x706.jpg

bis_dga_martel_1_sd.jpg?type=w2

bis_dga_martel_1_sd.jpg?type=w2

bis_dga_martel_2_sd.jpg?type=w2

bis_dga_martel_4_sd.jpg?type=w2

In summary, the missile did work properly, but France lacked a true Wild Weasel platform like F-105G or F-4G at that time. So the mission effectiveness depended on good preparation and navigation to attack a specific emmiter.

The pilot only had some needles on his instrument to tell him where the missile was locked, and not on what.

So depeding on the altitude (radar horizon) and direction the pilot could only "guess".

Iraqi missile story, in French but Google will help you :thumbup:

https://henridewaubertdegenlis.wordpress.com/2017/10/26/les-programmes-secrets-avec-lirak-les-pilotes-temoignent/

https://henridewaubertdegenlis.wordpress.com/2017/11/09/les-programmes-secrets-avec-lirak-1977-1984-le-bazar-de-bagdad/

https://henridewaubertdegenlis.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/les-programmes-secrets-avec-lirak-1977-1984-le-bazar-de-bagdad-episode-3/

Martel/ ARMAT were withdrawn in France at the end of Jaguar A.

Today Rafale can attack SAM sites (again in Libya in 2010) by riple firing fire and forget AASM (range in HA >27Nm): INS+GPS (+IR or laser)

Paris_Air_Show_2015_Egypt_orders_SagemAASM_Hammer_missiles_for_its_Rafale_fighter_aircraft_640_001.jpg

This is a general purpose missile, not dedicated SEAD weapon.

Some people claim that SPECTRA (ECM suit) is accurate enough to target emmiters of opportunity, but I don't know fo sure.

Anyway SPECTRA probably works as good as HTS pod on F-16, and Rafale uses L16 too.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !