How to set up toggle switches (a tutorial) - Page 62 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #611
Bloody

Yes you are totally right, but AFAIK we should be able to make something like 1 is - 1 and - 1 is 1, isn't it?
Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:01 AM   #612
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
Hello guys!

I'm trying to invert the EAC switch on Warthog for landing gear. Curently when I switch EAC up gear goes down and when EAC down the gear is up. I''d like to have them opposite. Could you help me?

My current code in default.lua:

{ down = iCommandPlaneGear, up = iCommandPlaneGear, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Landing Gear Control Handle - UP/DOWN 2-Pos'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{ down = iCommandPlaneGear, name = _('Landing Gear Control Handle - UP/DOWN'),
You are not telling us which aircraft this is for. So I cannot test what I think.

However, I did a search across all the modules I have and I did not see any case where the "iCommandPlaneGear" uses the value_down and/or value_up expressions. Normally the iCommandPlaneGear command toggles between UP and DOWN.
For the F/A-18C I have created this line of code to do exactly what you want:
Code:
{down = iCommandPlaneGearUp, up = iCommandPlaneGearDown, name = _('Landing Gear Control Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'),    category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
That same line would probably work with some other aircraft as well, but the "Category" should be changed of course.
Going forward, please make sure you indicate which aircraft you are looking at!
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #613
Bloody

Hi!

I'm flying F/A 18

Your CODE works! Thx a lot!
Old 08-26-2019, 05:14 AM   #614
Bloody

Hello again!

I have another question. Is it possible to bind 3-pos switch in the bottom right corner of Warthog throttle to A/A and A/G mode in such a way that when I switch (up or down) mode is ON and when im switching back to the center position it goes OFF? Currently I need to double switch to turn it OFF.

BR
AG
Old 08-26-2019, 07:46 AM   #615
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
Hello again!
I have another question. Is it possible to bind 3-pos switch in the bottom right corner of Warthog throttle to A/A and A/G mode in such a way that when I switch (up or down) mode is ON and when im switching back to the center position it goes OFF? Currently I need to double switch to turn it OFF.

BR
AG
No, these commands are implemented as 2 mechanically independent spring-loaded pushbuttons with some logic behind them. I actually tried a few tricks but could not fool the software.
I use 2 pushbuttons on my DSD Button Box for these commands.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 09-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #616
Nagilem

I am currently flying the hornet and having some issues with creating toggles. Ive created something for my Master Arm, but these two don't look to have the code in the default lua for the toggle.

I would like to have toggles with warthog switches for

Flashlight
NVG goggles activation
Kneeboard Pop up

I am looking to NOT have to use the toggle twice... Anyone already solved these? I did some searches but nothing is popping up.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #617
Nagilem

Ok. Got the goggles working...

Having issues with Flashlight, Kb pop, and Hook bypass. I can get the switch to work with up once for on up again for off configuration that is default, but none of them work as a toggle.

Any ideas for the F-18?
Old 09-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #618
LeCuvier

Here is what I use for the Hook Bypass switch:
Code:
{down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, up = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS,    value_down =  -1.0,    value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Hook Bypass 2-Pos Switch FIELD/CARRIER'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
As to the flashlight, I have no idea what it is used for. I suppose you mean the command that is bound to LAlt + L. I found that it triggers the command 3256 and created this command for a 2-Pos ON/OFF switch:
Code:
{down = 3256, up = 3256, cockpit_device_id = 0,    value_down =  -1.0,    value_up =  0.0, name = _('Flashlight 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('View Cockpit'), _('Right Console')}},
As far as I can see it works.
As to the Kneeboard, I suppose you want to use a maintained 2-Pos ON/OFF switch to toggle between SHOW and HIDE. That is easily achieved by binding the existing command "Kneeboard glance view" to a maintained ON/OFF switch.
If those commands don't do what you are looking for, please provide a more specific description of your requirements.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #619
USA_Recon

Just to confirm, as I want to set this up for some bindings in the F-15, if I make the changes in the 'saved games' input then it won't get overwritten in a patch correct ?
USA_Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #620
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Recon View Post
Just to confirm, as I want to set this up for some bindings in the F-15, if I make the changes in the 'saved games' input then it won't get overwritten in a patch correct ?
The relevant "default.lua" has to be in the game folder. A modified "default.lua" copied to "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\Bf-109K-4\joystick" has no effect. I just tested this again to see if it has changed, but unfortunately it hasn't.

Tags
controls, lua, tm warthog, toggle switches, tutorials