[REPORTED]CB's for Battery and Generator disconnect after take-off (MP) - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #41
LeCuvier

The lower switch enables the outer wing guns. I never even activated that switch at all in my tests. The Generator CB pops out when I activate the upper (Master Arm) switch.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 08-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #42
Sydy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
I saw your post and tried immediately. Cold start, shut the radiator flaps, kept engine running at 1200 to 1500 RPM and waited very patiently (thank god it was not an alarm start!) until the temperature indication was at 50 °C. Then took off, managed to raise the undercarriage (had to push that CB back in once) and flew for a short time. Then activated the master arm switch. Immediately the generator CB popped out.
So much for your two cents...
I knew my two cents did not worth much...
Old 08-24-2019, 07:11 PM   #43
Sydy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG84 View Post
This has been solved. take a look in the bugs section.
it is not a bug, but rather an operating error from pilot
Hi guys, good news.

I’ve been flying the Anton quite a bit lately because I am converting a campaign to it.

I managed to find a solution. What I can figure out of it is that the generator is simulated as quite weak. Let me tell what’s been working to me so far. I am sorry if this is old for any of you.

Make the cockpit preparation as usual. Do not arm any gun at this point, but you may close CBs P80, P1 and P2.
Perform the engine start;
Remember to turn on the PITOT and to maintain at lease 1.200rpm
Set flaps for takeoff and open the gear cover.
Perform the takeoff.
Once with airborne and positive climb, command Gear up. Maintain speed bellow 250km/h. (Up to 300km/h although wrong it will retract, but reduce the engine!)
Observe the gear lights from green to red. Red means it’s locked up. Check wing gear indications pins retracted as well.
Once you see Undercarriage red lights, command flap up.
Once you see zero on the wing you may accelerate.
Once stablished on a safe climb, command Gun Safety Switch 1 (the top one for the cowling guns) to ON (up position). Now WAIT!!
Wait for at least 4 gun red lights to come on, indicating they are ready. Eventually all 6 will turn ON.
Once you see at least 4 gun red lights, command Gun Safety Switch II (wing cannons) to ON (up position).
Now command the stick safety switch to open.
Keep an eye on the PITOT light. If it goes our, GENERATOR CB tripped. Put it back in.
If you reduce too much power, GEN CB may trip as well.

Since I started doing it I only had the GEN CB tripped twice (in many many flights).

I wish you good luck. Soon I will publish a campaign with 10 missions for the 190 A-8.

All the best,

Sydy

Last edited by Sydy; 08-24-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:09 AM   #44
CYLON

Why is this never addressed officially?

Every other issue brought up is marked as a either a bug or as a correct feature, but not this. This is just ignored and I don't get it.

Is it supposed to be there, is it a bug, is it something being looked into...?
Old 08-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #45
msalama
Veteran

Don't know why this isn't adressed, or if it even needs to be, but as Sydy said this probably happens because of the generator cutting out due to low engine RPM.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #46
Sydy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYLON View Post
Why is this never addressed officially?

Every other issue brought up is marked as a either a bug or as a correct feature, but not this. This is just ignored and I don't get it.

Is it supposed to be there, is it a bug, is it something being looked into...?

Hi,

I think it was like that. I developed a solution and probably the generator was weak anyway.

Check The solution on this thread here.. I even made a small movie with a take off demonstration.

I hope it helps you.

All the best,

Sydy
Old 08-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #47
SMH

This is all very ridiculous. The Dora doesn't suffer from any of this.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #48
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMH View Post
This is all very ridiculous. The Dora doesn't suffer from any of this.
I agree. In the absence of any response from the moderators I presume it will never be fixed, or one day we find it fixed without any change notice. I don't care any more. I have learned to handle it with these oddities and still enjoy its qualities as an attack aircraft.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 09-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #49
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
I agree. In the absence of any response from the moderators I presume it will never be fixed, or one day we find it fixed without any change notice. I don't care any more. I have learned to handle it with these oddities and still enjoy its qualities as an attack aircraft.
You never once posted a track, please make sure you follow the guidelines for bug reporting, you can find a link in my signature. I am looking into this now.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #50
NineLine
Community Manager

Reported
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread