PCA/HUD updates - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #71
_Nac

So I've gotten to grips with the new pca/hud updates, however I don't know if I found a bug or if I haven't figured out how to do it, but how does one select the A/G guns on the hud. The only way I've found how to do this is by having a bomb selected and then selecting cannon. But what if you've released all you bombs? I can't figure out how to get the A/G gun sight to work. Anyone have a clue? Cheers!
_Nac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #72
ThorBrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nac View Post
So I've gotten to grips with the new pca/hud updates, however I don't know if I found a bug or if I haven't figured out how to do it, but how does one select the A/G guns on the hud. The only way I've found how to do this is by having a bomb selected and then selecting cannon. But what if you've released all you bombs? I can't figure out how to get the A/G gun sight to work. Anyone have a clue? Cheers!
5. Selecting an AG weapon will NOT set the HUD and aircraft systems to AG ATTACK mode. Only the PCA will enter into AG mode.
6. To set the HUD, actually the entire aircraft systems, into AG ATTACK mode the pilot must click the PIP HOTAS switch forward (it is the same switch that sets the Special Modes when in AA mode).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...79&postcount=1

=|HD|: HDD Seagate Híbrido SSHD ST2000DX001 2TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III, |SSD|: SSD Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III, |GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti, |CPU|: Intel i7-2600k @4.5Ghz, |RAM|: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600mhz, |Monitor|: LG 34 LED UltraWide Freesync 21:9 34UM68, |Motherboard|: Asus P8Z68-V Pro, |WaterCooler|: CoolerMaster Seidon 240M.
=|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, |Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals, |Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.
ThorBrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #73
_Nac

I don't know how I didn't get this right in the first place. Thanks, I'm getting it right now.
_Nac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:13 PM   #74
DanielNL
Veteran

Thanks SO much for this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph21 View Post
To sum up, handy way to use A/A Weapons:
First, select 530 on PCA while not having the Hotas Gun or Magic mode selected
Then:
-Select A/A Gun with GUN Select Hotas Command
-Select Magic with MAGIC Select Hotas Command
-Select 530 with PCA Select Hotas Command

For reminder 'MAG' PCA mode doesn't select MAGIC:
4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions: enabling the missile and starting MAV search.

huge Viper fan. Experienced GCI, proven F-14B pilot & RIO, AV-8B and Mirage pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2015
Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI)
Buddyspike BlueFlag DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: player-controllable M109 Paladin artillery - CTLD - EWR - GCI
realtime maps: gadget.buddyspike.net/
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:21 PM   #75
burritto

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nac View Post
You should be able to select A-G Guns using the button below the guarded selective jettison button on the PCA (and can then select LEN for slow rate of fire on the button on the top row of the PCA), and then select the HUD into A-G Mode by hitting the Special Modes Fwd, in the same way you now do with bombs and other A-G weapons. Using HOTAS to select the gun will select it as an air to air weapon and put the ac into A-A mode, where Special Modes Fwd has a different function.
burritto is offline   Reply With Quote