Coming back all the time ...

TOViper

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you my little story about the DCS MiG-29.

After flying around (mainly) with aircraft made by Heatblur, it is always a joy to come back to the MiG-29. Easy to use, amazing frame rates even with mirrors on, such a wonderful cockpit, easy weapon deployment, and stunning aircraft performance.

I love to comeback each and every single time, and the MiG-29 for me is the number 1 aircraft out of the FC3 package.

Now, I just want to say my congrats to ED and THANK YOU for programming this wonderful piece!!!

Kind regards,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team

Thanks for the kind words TOViper,

glad you enjoy it :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Completely agree! I love it to bits!

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

After flying the F15C specifically in the great fun Georgian Campaign, I wanted a red jet.

The Flanker was the obvious choice but is irritating as hell. Far too many departures.

Now the 29 is the fun multi role I wanted. It’s little legs (low fuel) just give it more character and something else to think about.

Nice work!

+1 here !

The PFM release for the MiG-29 was like a personal realization to me.

The old times LOMAC somewhat crippled flight model of the MiG was at that time a turn-off.

I can easily remember when pursuing a Mirage in a turning fight was indeed easier in the Su-27 than in the MiG-29.

See, one of the characterisitics of this machine which amazes me the most (besides the HMS and R-73 missile), is its real life instantaneous / sustained turn rates... and with the prior flight model, the MiG was indeed handicapped at the sim.

So from me also: THANK YOU ED for programming this outstanding machine!

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB