Bf 109 G and further level flight trim, "zero" trim, dive recover forces, etc DISCUSS - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #21
Ala13_ManOWar

I posted and article recently on "flying the Emil", well it's not like E and K4 are similar in performance but they are in features. Setting aside the good article, it enclosed some terrific pics of the two airworthy Emils in the World. Look at the stabiliser root, look where trim mark is, and think this guy is just mildly cruising for the pics a light weighted restored aircraft and not a war machine…

Source:
http://vintageaviationecho.com/bf109e/

S!
Old 04-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #22
jcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
I posted and article recently on "flying the Emil", well it's not like E and K4 are similar in performance but they are in features. Setting aside the good article, it enclosed some terrific pics of the two airworthy Emils in the World. Look at the stabiliser root, look where trim mark is, and think this guy is just mildly cruising for the pics a light weighted restored aircraft and not a war machine…

Source:
http://vintageaviationecho.com/bf109e/

S!
I see the THS set near the +2 mark, hence trimmed full nose down - makes sense :-)

And as you have put it, it's pretty much a light aircraft, not a K-4 with a fully loaded MW-50...

I think this just proves even more that what we have in DCS is correct, no ?

Last edited by jcomm; 04-14-2018 at 10:49 PM.
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #23
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcomm View Post
I see the THS set near the +2 mark, hence trimmed full nose down - makes sense :-)

And as you have put it, it's pretty much a light aircraft, not a K-4 with a fully loaded MW-50...

I think this just proves even more that what we have in DCS is correct, no ?
For me charts (as well as dive test paper) prove that since day 1 we saw them, but seems not everybody think/read the same in the charts…

S!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #24
amazingme

Let's assume that the charts are 100% accurate.. their implementation though..

I've just tested and came with these in-game results:
1. @280km/h IAS it takes 5 seconds to move the stick from neutral to full forward => do you find this correctly implemented?
2. @350km/h IAS it takes 7 seconds to move the stick from neutral to full aft, bear in mind that the airspeed drops to ~200km/h in a horizontal turn => do you find this correctly implemeted?
3. I use a FFB stick (G940 and MSFFB2) and I observe NO change in forces when trimming, none whatsoever => do you find this correctly implemented?
4. When trying to do the Californian Giant Slip the rudder is ineffective.. => do you find this correctly implemented?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nj77mJlzrc (see it all)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=pvKs9VLUcCg (check from min 6:35)
5. When looking around in the cockpit the pilot is bouncing his head all over the place. => do you find this correctly implemented?

I rest my case..
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, Saitek X55 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, 27" monitor, TN panel, 1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #25
jcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingme View Post
Let's assume that the charts are 100% accurate.. their implementation though..

I've just tested and came with these in-game results:
1. @280km/h IAS it takes 5 seconds to move the stick from neutral to full forward => do you find this correctly implemented?
2. @350km/h IAS it takes 7 seconds to move the stick from neutral to full aft, bear in mind that the airspeed drops to ~200km/h in a horizontal turn => do you find this correctly implemeted?
3. I use a FFB stick (G940 and MSFFB2) and I observe NO change in forces when trimming, none whatsoever => do you find this correctly implemented?
4. When trying to do the Californian Giant Slip the rudder is ineffective.. => do you find this correctly implemented?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nj77mJlzrc (see it all)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=pvKs9VLUcCg (check from min 6:35)
5. When looking around in the cockpit the pilot is bouncing his head all over the place. => do you find this correctly implemented?

I rest my case..
Amazing ! Me asks : do you mean the virtual stick in the cockpit, due to the implemented lag ?
About the sideslip, do you mean you can only reach a minimal beta? At what speed are you flying ?
What do you mean reagarding the "pilot head" ? Are you referring to the virtual pilot head ?

Thx
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:20 AM   #26
amazingme

Hi jcomm,
Yes, I'm talking about the cockpit stick which should and must give us visual cues.
The slide slip is done @ landing speeds, of course.
Yes, the 'virtual' pilot's head.
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, Saitek X55 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, 27" monitor, TN panel, 1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #27
Art-J
Veteran

To estimate implementation we would need to know the each channel "strength tresholds" that are programmed for our virtual alter-ego sitting in the cockpit, but I don't know whether they were posted anywhere on the forum.

Right now the virtual stick and pedals movement rate and range matches the physical ones 1 to 1, but only up to this limit. I admit the limit seems to be rather low in the yaw channel (apparently DCS German pilots notoriously skip the leg day in th gym )

Can't say anything about FFB implementation, as I don't own such a stick, but I remember reading this functionality has been a bit of hit & miss affair in all DCS modules, so who knows if it works in 109 as it's supposed to...
Old 04-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #28
amazingme

Surprisingly, the FF works great on FC3 modules but not so much on WWII modules.

Settings:
Spoiler:
Old 04-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #29
Ala13_ManOWar

I hope German period charts are as accurate as they could be back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingme View Post
Coincidentally I took yesterday 109 out for a stroll and I had to side slip it in one of the landings I made, even though I have heavy feet it sank as expected and I could make it to the runway without further notice. In the first (very well known) video the pilot (I don't know who he is) is amazing and he has a superior control of the machine, still I don't see any side slip there, he just made a curved approach as is expected in long nose tail draggers without front vision, probably using a bit of cross wind to his favour. He's way, way ahead of any average DCS pilot so don't expect to perform like him even inside a sim. He's also operating in a grass runway, that makes a difference. About Brunotte we all know the interviews.

Exactly, what is not happening in the module that you think it should, and what do you think you see in those videos not happening in the module?

S!
Old 04-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #30
flankerrider

Default Where to find the mentioned docs?

You are discussing docs from Yo-Yo here.. I seem to can't find them. Could someone give me a hint?

thx, flankerrider
flankerrider is offline   Reply With Quote