Upcoming Black Shark 2 Patch Change Log - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 08:29 PM   #121
Rogue Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
What do you think the chances of that argument flying with E.A.Sprorts are, if I get in touch and say my 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit' from 2011 has ugly textures & I'd like them fixed... For Free...

The E.A. Sports model is totally different from the DCS Engine.
DCS world is always updated and is always moving forward.
It is the environment itself that we play and is the critical pull factor for current and future customers.
The excruciating level of detail per module is also a totally critical pull factor that brings us here.
Once top end attack chopper releases become a norm in DCS, then I guarantee that the requirement for KA-50 updates will subside.
Believe me, this is so... if we have 1 top league attack chopper..... you will need to upgrade it!
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #122
RUS38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Trooper View Post
The E.A. Sports model is totally different from the DCS Engine.
DCS world is always updated and is always moving forward.
It is the environment itself that we play and is the critical pull factor for current and future customers.
The excruciating level of detail per module is also a totally critical pull factor that brings us here.
Once top end attack chopper releases become a norm in DCS, then I guarantee that the requirement for KA-50 updates will subside.
Believe me, this is so... if we have 1 top league attack chopper..... you will need to upgrade it!
Just because we have Mirage and upcoming F-18 doesn't mean I don't and won't be enjoying mig-21
RUS38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:49 PM   #123
Looney

Can you stop posting in this thread? Everythime I visit the forum my heart skips a beat when this thread pops-up

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #124
Leutnant_Artur

Any idea when we can have any BS update fixing anticollision lights and rain drops on canopy ?
Old 10-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #125
Aviators

wait december
Old 10-26-2018, 02:18 AM   #126
Mad_Max2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
What do you think the chances of that argument flying with E.A.Sprorts are, if I get in touch and say my 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit' from 2011 has ugly textures & I'd like them fixed... For Free...

If Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit from 2011 was still being sold for $50 (like the shark), then yes I would expect the bugs fixed. Imagine if you just bought it today? You'd expect that $50 investment to at least be functioning right? Do what you will with textures, but bugs gotta be fixed if your your still supporting/selling it.
Mad_Max2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #127
ivankun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
wait december
what year?
ivankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #128
p1t1o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Max2 View Post
If Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit from 2011 was still being sold for $50 (like the shark), then yes I would expect the bugs fixed. Imagine if you just bought it today? You'd expect that $50 investment to at least be functioning right? Do what you will with textures, but bugs gotta be fixed if your your still supporting/selling it.
Frankly, because of the business model and the way it is marketed to us, they need to maintain BS2 even if they discontinue sales.

Otherwise they are saying there is a timer on every module, and when it runs out, you wont be able to fly them anymore (without maintaining an old computer running an old version of DCS:World - and even then this would compromise the feature of having different modules fly together)

Whether or not they are *obligated* to do this is another matter, it all comes down to resource.

If they are going to get more benefit from assigning staff to a new module, or working on DCS:World environment, rather than updating an old omodule, I wouldnt expect it to ever happen, regardless of how peeved we are about our purchases.

TBH Ka-50 needs a marketing push as well as a quality pass, it is still the most advanced combat-heli sim available, even now. I cant believe there isnt a fresh generation of interested individuals who would be keen to pick it up.
p1t1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #129
molevitch

A few of us over at 229th B Coy have just started re-exploring the depths of the Ka-50. I used to fly it when it first came out in single-player, but mostly just shooting stuff using Vikhrs, etc. BS2 upgrade was installed, flew it some more SP. Then along came the Mi-8 and a new passion was ignited, and I have pursued that ever since, first at Black Shark Den, and now at 229th B Coy. A gang of us have achieved very high levels in the Mi-8.

Now, in multiplayer, the Ka-50 has really started to come alive. The modelling of the navigation systems is extraordinary, especially for such an old piece of software. In VR, the cockpit is accessible and cleverly designed, and typically Soviet in style. Our Ka-50 group is just getting warmed up, starting with a back-to-basics training schedule, and it is really fantastic fun to use all the systems it has to offer.

Still love it!

Mi-24 Cyclic and Collective with Magnetic Brakes and Force Feedback
Mag Brake in operation
Thread about my Mi-24 Pit build at 229th Forum
molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:58 PM   #130
3WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappi View Post
I'm sure there is a market for a Black Shark 3 after DCS World 2 is released. New Textures, new sounds and maybe a new version of the Shark...one may dream, right?

I won't be buying a black shark 3. I've already payed TWICE for the Shark. You want to sell another Shark, it better be the Ka-52. Otherwise, FIX THE SHARK.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote