customization the f-14 cockpit - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
seb37

Cool customization the f-14 cockpit

hello,

I have an idea about the customization of the plane, I submitted my idea to the studio heatblur, they enjoy the idea, but they told me that this part of the game directly related to ED studio…
so I tell you about my request which I think will be interesting number of players of the future module.

It will consist of adding the possibility of customizing the plane with the names of the pilot and the RIO (like on the real plane) in the interface of armement (see the visual below : http://www.noelshack.com/2018-42-7-1540107172-f-14.jpg)

I think this modification is not very complicated to do and would be very appreciate by the players !!

I hope that my request will be taken into consideration by the devellopers !!

seb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
Mr_sukebe

I like idea, but in a hit list of desirables, it wouldn’t be very high for me.
As a workaround, is it fairly easy to modify a skin such that you have your own callsign on the outside of the aircraft?
Old 11-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
ebabil

i like it
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
shagrat
ED Translator

Love the idea. In general the option to customize "decals" on the planes with squadron logos or personal stuff, would be awesome... especially if it could be integrated in MP.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #5
Swordsman422

I would agree with names specifically. Though unlike the USAF, USN aviators rarely flew the aircraft with their own name on it. The crew to fly was assigned whatever "up" jet was available regardless of what the canopy rail said. But it would still make for an interesting mechanic. But only names. While Navy jets have a history of being fairly colorful, it's enormously uncommon to see personalized nose art applied to an aircraft, to the point where you may as well just skin edit.

CPU: i7-7700k 4.5 GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080ti
HD: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB 15k RPM HDD
Swordsman422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #6
Xenovia

I would like it.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #7
Gunslinger22

It's not a high priority for me, there is more important things I'd like them to work on first.

Gunslinger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:56 PM   #8
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger22 View Post
It's not a high priority for me, there is more important things I'd like them to work on first.
You can bet the guy(s) working on radar, FLIR and other more important things, are not the ones who make the nice skins, textures and nose art and their integration into the mission editor/load out menu...

Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
Old 11-11-2018, 12:00 AM   #9
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman422 View Post
I would agree with names specifically. Though unlike the USAF, USN aviators rarely flew the aircraft with their own name on it. The crew to fly was assigned whatever "up" jet was available regardless of what the canopy rail said. But it would still make for an interesting mechanic. But only names. While Navy jets have a history of being fairly colorful, it's enormously uncommon to see personalized nose art applied to an aircraft, to the point where you may as well just skin edit.
Skin edits do not show on MP, unless you download and put them on every client. A way to have squadron logos and typical decals replaced and synced, would be a great treat for virtual squadrons.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
seb37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
I like idea, but in a hit list of desirables, it wouldn’t be very high for me.
As a workaround, is it fairly easy to modify a skin such that you have your own callsign on the outside of the aircraft?
I know that but the modification of the skin is not within the reach of everyone and there it would be much simpler like this...
seb37 is offline   Reply With Quote