Shkval unable to lock targets - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 04:35 AM   #11
3WA

Yeah, I'm not exactly holding my breath on ED doing anything these days. Hence why I'm holding off on buying anything new from them, until I see them fix some of the worst bugs on modules I've already bought.

And that would be the A-10c and the Shark. If they're not going to fix these by NOW, why would I have confidence in them to fix anything else?
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #12
Brixmis

I agree - that's my current way of thinking, too, which is a shame, but there ya go.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #13
thrustvector

hmm, unfortunate but true foe me, I think repairing the existing modules instead of the constant push ahead for more content, just means more unfinished products, nearly all E.A stuff isn't good,
the original models may have lost there wow factor to them now, but are also core modules which are loved by old and new members alike, the iconic a10c and the shark for example.
I would prefer a hold on new stuff for a while and fix what we have, the shark is probably the first helo a lot of people get, as easily flown without pedals, and if that's your first impression of the game its not good.
I really hope the Christmas(hopefully) bug fix, does a very lot too it, especially the shkval
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #14
rinao0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzger View Post
I hope so, but considering the ED focus on new modules, I am not optimistic about it.
For what I know A10C's targeting pod already has contrast'image based locking, that's why you can lock onto all kinds of weird hotspots on the map. They should make it available to all other modules
rinao0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #15
3WA

+1. I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to look at it. If so, they should just use the same system for the shkval.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #16
Ranma13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinao0o View Post
For what I know A10C's targeting pod already has contrast'image based locking, that's why you can lock onto all kinds of weird hotspots on the map.
The A-10C's TGP works similar to the Shkval. It can either ground stabilize on a certain point on the ground, or it can lock onto a lockable entity and track its movement. The difference is that it doesn't have a range limit like the Shkval does.

It just so happens that in-game, things that move are always lockable entities, and things that don't can be handled by the ground stabilize lock. But as far as I know, there aren't any aircraft that can do a true contrast lock in the game, so for example you won't be able to lock an aircraft's shadow on the ground and track its movement because it's not a lockable entity.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:02 AM   #17
Weta43
ED Testers Team

That's my understanding too
Old 11-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #18
Frag

That kind of bug really grinds my gear. I am all ok for ED to develop new stuff, but if they do not intend to support their current module, they should move those out of sale.

I recently bought the Black Shark ... this is a module that is more expensive that MANY full blown steam game. To finally realize that the textures does not work well in 2.5 and that the VIKHR missile lock system is completely screwed up.

Last edited by Frag; 11-22-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:26 AM   #19
ZeroReady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frag View Post
That kind of bug really grinds my gear. I am all ok for ED to develop new stuff, but if they do not intend to support their current module, they should move those out of sale.

I recently bought the Black Shark ... this is a module that is more expensive that MANY full blown steam game. To finally realize that the textures does not work well in 2.5 and that the VIKHR missile lock system is completely screwed up.
Well thanks for saving me 25$ during the sale, I was just about to grab it.
ZeroReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #20
3WA

Your welcome. Shark and A-10 are both bugged bad. Waiting for MASSIVE updates on them.