Dear ED! No love for KA-50? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #11
msalama
Veteran

Regardless of your opinions, it's an old module producing no revenue anymore. And that means ED probably won't do anything, unless you pay them extra. Are you willing to do that?
Old 02-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #12
finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
Regardless of your opinions, it's an old module producing no revenue anymore. And that means ED probably won't do anything, unless you pay them extra. Are you willing to do that?
old module, as you say, but now is full priced, so this mean who buy it now want an updated module.
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #13
msalama
Veteran

And how much sales do you think such an old module generates anymore, say on a yearly basis?

No. I'm pretty certain ED won't develop it further - at least substantially - unless users are willing to pay for the upgrades. Tough, but it is what it is.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:31 PM   #14
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

This is not the question. To pay or not for an upgrade. The question is keeping DCS modules all under the same standard of quality. We are not asking for more systems modelled, more versions, night sensors or new features.

The Ka-50 is done regarding Flight Model, 3D external model and systems.

What im asking is. We have now a new terrain engine with new light system and new modules with cockpit interiors up to date. The Ka-50 cockpit model, textures and lights are sub standard, heavily outdated and looks way to bad and old compared to the DCS standard.

So the thing is , prices going to the original values taking in count, there is one product at least with cockpit quality under the min quality that causes severe handicaps, specially at night and lowers the overall quality of DCS products.

The former DCS module, the origin of the saga deserves a cockpit on par with the actual quality. And of course for free because most of the original users of the Black Shark had payed twice at least for It. BS1 and BS2.

I think is fair enough. And i can wait. Im not asking for a new cockpit tomorrow, i understand the time needed for that, but in the actual situation the Ka-50 seems another product, not DCS quality anymore.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #15
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
And how much sales do you think such an old module generates anymore, say on a yearly basis?

No. I'm pretty certain ED won't develop it further - at least substantially - unless users are willing to pay for the upgrades. Tough, but it is what it is.
I genuinely hope ED don't have this attitude.

This would defeat the whole purpose of DCS World. I still want to be flying the aircraft we have now in 10 years time.

All they need to do is update the cockpit textures to bring them up to 2.5 standard. I don't consider that substantial.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #16
MrBukkake

Pretty sure since the most of the F/A-18C Textures are finished and the devs are working so far only on the system integration and coding, the 3D-Design team cant be that busy. I would apreciate a retexturing of the KA-50 cockpit and would be even willing to pay for that.

Flightsim Community is small. And realistic Combat Sim Community is even smaller. If we dont support them they might fall into that blackhole were all the Simmarket fell into more than a decade ago.
MrBukkake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:28 PM   #17
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Cockpit textures up to date should be part of the free DCS Core System

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Old 02-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #18
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
This is not the question.
Of course it is. Put in work, you get expenses. You get expenses, you'll need to cover them somehow. An old module doesn't generate much sales, so you'll need to cover them by charging for any substantial redevelopment work you do.

Now, we may still see some updates to the module free of charge. Never said we couldn't. But anything major? Nope, not unless us the punters pay for it.

And that's really all I've got to say about this, since I don't want to get drawn into a Yours Truly vs. 10000000^2 Ka-50 aficionados handbag war
Old 02-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #19
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Nice comment. Truly yours

PFM for Su-27: Free
PFM for Su-33: Free
PFM for Mig-29: Free
New Caucasus map: Free
New EGT model: Free
New cockpit textures in FC3: Free

But asking for new cockpit textures in the Black Shark is a major, substantial change that should be payed.

Nice logic.

Last edited by Esac_mirmidon; 02-05-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #20
Deathbane

If ED / Module devs can't be bothered to keep their modules up to date, they shouldn't be selling them.

People expect module parity to a greater or larger degree. Look at Mig-21 when it languished without updates.

Such an approach is terrible for long term viability of the sim and therefore long term profit with a stable product.

Thats why I don't think ED will neglect it in long run at all. Look at all the updates FC3 gets.