TAW Training Night-ABRISS

Reaper6

Not going to make tonight's training but thanks for running these and opening them up to non members; found last weeks to be most useful and interesting. Thanks Reaper6.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Not going to make tonight's training but thanks for running these and opening them up to non members; found last weeks to be most useful and interesting. Thanks Reaper6.

No Problem. We covered Instrument Navigation Using HSI/ADI at night in adverse weather conditions. Here is the mission file, if you wish to try it out.

Helicopter Training.miz

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

This week we will be implementing the Data-link into our training, as well as exploring the ARC page. And a refresher on entering waypoints. Anyone interested is welcome to attend.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Signed :D

Cool, thanks buddy

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Today's ABRIS class will cover Editing a waypoint’s data for route calculations. We will also be doing a "refresher" of what has been covered to date. So if you have any questions a particular page or menu/sub-menu in ABRIS, we can cover them in todays lesson(time permitting).

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Reaper, I enjoyed the training session and learned a lot. See ya next week. Thanks, Dave.

Intel I7-3770K 4.1Ghz water cooled, 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz, PowerColor RX5700XT GPU, Asus P8Z77-V LK motherboard, Windows 10 on 64GB SanDisk SSD, DSC on 500GB Samsung SSD, purchased Cyberpower 11/27/2012

Ka50 ABRIS Training (8 APR)

-(Refresher/Data-link Implementation)

Ka50 systems training - "Rotary Badge" assessment (9 APR)

-(Full Start-up/System tests)

Sign-up sheet for next weeks events is posted. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YO3ewuMWIu0IWhM3S_mzepeiC4lfXlr2CsHGpPSpZlw/edit

You do not need to be a TAW member to attend the ABRIS training, however the Ka50 systems training is reserved for TAW members only. There is a new TS password, so you will have to provide email on the sign-up sheet so I may contact you prior to the event.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

I would like to open this weeks Ka50 training class to non-TAW members. We will be doing a FULL system start-up, and systems tests-trouble shooting. More than likely this class will run over the 1 hour time, but you will be free to leave early if you wish. I just ask that you arrive 10 minutes prior to the event start time, so that we can start on time. No late arrivals will be admitted.

Please signup here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YO3ewuMWIu0IWhM3S_mzepeiC4lfXlr2CsHGpPSpZlw/edit

You will need this Checklist for the class: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qm7E__XWqjn0fqUI9qrrul-dVDF8WkCAaYyEYGUfB_E/edit#gid=2024048813

Please Insert these into your custom kneeboard pages, so you can follow along in the cockpit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2370096&postcount=14

JUST SOME BASIC RULES FOR THE SESSION:

*YOU WILL BE MOVED OUT OF TS CHANNEL IF YOU INTERUPT

THE TRAINING SESSION.

*YOUR INPUT IS IMPORTANT, AND YOU MAY KNOW CERTAIN

FUNCTIONS ALREADY. BUT HOLD YOUR COMMENTS UNTIL

THE END OF THE TRAINING.

*ACT PROFESSIONAL DURING THE INSTRUCTION

*KEEP MICROPHONES ON MUTE, UNTIL YOU HAVE A QUESTION.

*NO FOUL LANGUAGE WILL BE TOLERATED

*UNDERSTAND THAT MEMBERS HAVE VARYING LEVELS OF

EXPERIENCE. SOME MAY HAVE MORE QUESTIONS THAN OTHERS,

SO PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL.

Hope to see you there!

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

This weeks classes are;

Wednesday, 15 April - Rotary Basic Maneuvers.

(North American 7pm Central / European 6pm UTC)

Thursday, 16 April - Introduction to ABRIS

(North American 7pm Central / European 6pm UTC)

Friday, 17 April - Mission Building (Intro to Mission Editor)

(North American 7pm Central)

Feel free to sign-up at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YO3ewuMWIu0IWhM3S_mzepeiC4lfXlr2CsHGpPSpZlw/edit

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Am I correct to assume that since you've posted this on the forum, the classes are open to non-members of TAW??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Am I correct to assume that since you've posted this on the forum, the classes are open to non-members of TAW??

Yes, all are welcome to join. The ABRIS training will basically be starting over from the beginning. Not sure everyone wants to sit for an hour and listen how to exclude satellites or test GNSS.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

I've tried to sign up but I keep getting a "File error." I'm not sure if its on my end or not. I think I got my email entered in the second class.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I've tried to sign up but I keep getting a "File error." I'm not sure if its on my end or not. I think I got my email entered in the second class.

Yep got you on there.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"