Question for Heatblur

Tread_Head57

Congrats on your F14 announcement. It looks like you're going to set a new standard for DCS. One thing I didn't see mentioned is the Forrestal. How is that coming along and can we expect it at release or will it come later in EA? Thanks.

I think they said on the reddit AMA, that the Forrestral is comming along nicely and is already functional. Textures are still missing though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Texture missing, I think they'll have enough time before EA come into force...

the only thing I dont like is the missing animated crew which will not be ready as heatblur dont want to "interfere" with ED deckcrew...

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Looks really great Heatblur.

Exceptional model. Finally, the community will be getting a front/back MP capable jet. Love the pilot movements and the RIO; some serious work went it I'm sure.

Expensive for us Canucks, but it looks like it will be worth the cost.

Bravo Zulu :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I'm really looking forward to flying the f-14! The new carriers look amazing too. Just hope we get some ground support equipment! will really bring the carriers to life.

@BoneDust.. Hey fellow Canuck! Where are u located? Okanagan here... Cheers M8

New Brunswick bud.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Apparently ED is updating one of the existing carriers and HB has put it sort of on hold until it's done so they don't accidently duplicate existing work.

That's not quite true :)

We're working on our Forrestal. :) If anything new comes into DCS in the way of carrier development - we'll add that as we go along.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'm excited about the F-14 Tomcat. However I am a little concerned with your pushing the A model using the tf-30 engines. Bad choice, way underpowered, compressor stalls at high AOA, unreliable at best. The B model would be a better fit with the F-110 engines and upgraded avionics. I hope that wasn't a misprint when you emailed us about it being F-14B. Tweak the code and make it work. That was a great aircraft and I had the privilege of seeing up close, from start to it's death. Put a smile on our face and you will sell more of these than Grumman :).

I'm excited about the F-14 Tomcat. However I am a little concerned with your pushing the A model using the tf-30 engines. Bad choice, way underpowered, compressor stalls at high AOA, unreliable at best. The B model would be a better fit with the F-110 engines and upgraded avionics. I hope that wasn't a misprint when you emailed us about it being F-14B. Tweak the code and make it work. That was a great aircraft and I had the privilege of seeing up close, from start to it's death. Put a smile on our face and you will sell more of these than Grumman :).

We're getting both models mate, and the B is coming first.