Target Auto Tracking is limited to 3 km? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-29-2018, 04:26 AM   #1
solus

Default Target Auto Tracking is limited to 3 km?

I've noticed that auto tracking function works only at the distance of app. 3 km. when engaging moving targets.

Played this game several years ago, then it could be activated at 5-7 km without any problems.

Now it requires to track the target at the longer distances MANUALLY to hit it. If I want to track it in auto mode I need to come at the distance when machine-gun snipers can turn my helicopter into salad.

Whats wrong? Is it a new "feature" or a bug? Or there is a magical button that I miss?

P.S. Yes, I activate "N" button to track the moving target (but it doesn't do much good either).
Old 09-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
Devrim
Veteran

Nowadays, is the visibility quality between 3km. distance and 7km. distance the same?

I mean, Shkval may not see adequate contrast in 7 km. distance to able to keep target, depends on weather condition?

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
solus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrim View Post
Nowadays, is the visibility quality between 3km. distance and 7km. distance the same?

I mean, Shkval may not see adequate contrast in 7 km. distance to able to keep target, depends on weather condition?
I've been experimenting with the mission editor.

Found out that Ka-50 auto tracking ability depends on... time. E.g. in the early morning or late evening it's app. 3 km.

During the midday is 8 km.

It seems that sun or light doesn't really affect it. I approached the target from the sun side and the opposite, but it still remained 3 km during the morning time. Very primitive mechanics for the DCS, that claims to be super sophisticated and realistic.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:41 AM   #4
3WA

The shkval has just become absolutely horrible. I was playing this game years before too, and it was better ( though even then I thought it was pretty bad).

I can't even lock up helicopter 1-2nm away. Nice black spot against the blue sky, and the STUPID computer just can't see it. I think we need to get the Ka-50 some dark glasses and a cane, because it has gone blind.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:18 AM   #5
Lao Fei Mao

And the auto turning to the target seems only working with the missile shot from left wing, neglect the second one from right wing, you gotta manually use the rudder to do a little yaw.
Lao Fei Mao is offline   Reply With Quote