Can’t get my Samsung O+ working with dcs

johnic

Just got a new Samsung Odessey plus headset and I can’t get them working right at all.

I installed wmr for steam and steam vr. My PC is a i7 8700 with 32 gig mem with 1080ti.

I get the headset on but it locks up, the menu is behind me, the menu is sometimes in all different spots. My view in cockpit is sometimes facing the back of the plane, in the seat.

I need help as it getting fustrating. I’m thinking of returning it.

Take the headset off and see if it has that blue bar across the top of your screen, something about pressing WIN+Y to go to "desktop mode" or something to that effect. I dont have my computer with so can't tell you exactly what it says.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Take the headset off and see if it has that blue bar across the top of your screen, something about pressing WIN+Y to go to "desktop mode" or something to that effect. I dont have my computer with so can't tell you exactly what it says.

To be honest, I found it easier to just give in and go with what it's wanting - once you put the headset on just use the WMR Cliff House desktop and ignore that you've got a monitor. Press the Windows key to go to the cliff house, and again to open the start menu - then just open the Desktop app and you can use your desktop from within the headset. You just click SteamVR when you want to go into the game once it's running (or it'll take you automatically the first time it starts up). It honestly makes a lot more sense than constantly fighting for control of the mouse and I've come to prefer it - most days I don't even bother switching my monitor on.

For the OP, I think it's probably something different - it sounds like the headset isn't centred in the game - if you have a numpad, hit numpad 5 and it should center it. If you don't have a numpad (like me), disconnect the headset and start DCS, go to settings and controls, and in the drop-down pick UI layer and map 'recenter VR headset' to a button you can easily find in VR (I've got it to the button just below escape). Press that and the game will put the 'center' of the game in front of the 'center' of whichever way you're currently looking.

I can’t seem to the UI layer to enable the center command.

And to top it off, I can’t get my controller to connect. Buying a usb Bluetooth device. My motherboard won’t connect to the Bluetooth devices. It has built in bt.

Edited by johnic

To be honest, I found it easier to just give in and go with what it's wanting - once you put the headset on just use the WMR Cliff House desktop and ignore that you've got a monitor. Press the Windows key to go to the cliff house, and again to open the start menu - then just open the Desktop app and you can use your desktop from within the headset. You just click SteamVR when you want to go into the game once it's running (or it'll take you automatically the first time it starts up). It honestly makes a lot more sense than constantly fighting for control of the mouse and I've come to prefer it - most days I don't even bother switching my monitor on.

Not to get too far off topic from the OP But I think I need to start doing this as well... the WIN+Y thing is getting a bit annoying.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

I can’t seem to the UI layer to enable the center command.

And to top it off, I can’t get my controller to connect. Buying a usb Bluetooth device. My motherboard won’t connect to the Bluetooth devices. It has built in bt.

You don't need controllers to play DCS - just switch them off and use the keyboard and mouse. Not sure what you mean by 'I can’t seem to the UI layer to enable the center command' - go to settings, and controls, and then there's a drop-down to select which controls to edit, the one at the bottom is 'UI Layer', click that. Then you'll need to map 're-center VR headset' (and map 'VR Zoom' as well as you'll need that).

You don't need controllers to play DCS - just switch them off and use the keyboard and mouse. Not sure what you mean by 'I can’t seem to the UI layer to enable the center command' - go to settings, and controls, and then there's a drop-down to select which controls to edit, the one at the bottom is 'UI Layer', click that. Then you'll need to map 're-center VR headset' (and map 'VR Zoom' as well as you'll need that).

Got it. Thanks.

I need to get my controller connected so it easier to jump in game via Microsoft vr main screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it works a d it keeps working and sometimes you loose the mouse everytime you take the hmd on and off. Annoying as hell.

Start the game. Keep the hmd on, alt tab find the keys and press win y with the hmd down on your head

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Got it. Thanks.

I need to get my controller connected so it easier to jump in game via Microsoft vr main screen.

You can use a mouse & keyboard to navigate the Microsoft VR main screen - just press Windows key when you're in the cliff house and find the 'Desktop' app and open that, then you can just start games like you normally would on your monitor. To switch into the game once it's running, click the Steam VR window that'll be floating around. To get back to the cliffhouse from the game, just press alt+tab and then the Windows key.

Sometimes it works a d it keeps working and sometimes you loose the mouse everytime you take the hmd on and off. Annoying as hell.

Start the game. Keep the hmd on, alt tab find the keys and press win y with the hmd down on your head

That's cause you're fighting what it wants you to do - honestly, it's better to just forget you've got a monitor. Switch the PC on, put the headset on, use the desktop in VR to start the game and once it's up and running press alt + enter. You will never lose control of your mouse again.

Awesome. I’ll give this a try. It was very frustrating to get the head centered and the game going. One thing is the software and dcs sync with Samsung isn’t the best.

I finally got it working last night and I must say the Immersion is unreal. The detail on the ground isn’t good like picking up the runway but all else is a game changer. Landing and banking accurate turns is much better.

You can use a mouse & keyboard to navigate the Microsoft VR main screen - just press Windows key when you're in the cliff house and find the 'Desktop' app and open that, then you can just start games like you normally would on your monitor. To switch into the game once it's running, click the Steam VR window that'll be floating around. To get back to the cliffhouse from the game, just press alt+tab and then the Windows key.

Very cool..I’m now using the Windows button to navigate and its a life saver.

Thanks a lot !!!

Very cool..I’m now using the Windows button to navigate and its a life saver.

Thanks a lot !!!

I'm glad you didn't give up like some others on the first problem and you adapt to the situation. I'm glad you like it and wish you hundreds of happy hours with your O+.

pilotfly.gif

One more question...where can I adjust the settings in Steam VR.? In Steam VR I’m in the Steam VR room, is there where I find and adjust the settings ?

PS: can I navigate in the Steam VR world without my O+ controllers? I’m working through the bad Bluetooth built into my MB by getting a BT Dongle

One more question...where can I adjust the settings in Steam VR.? In Steam VR I’m in the Steam VR room, is there where I find and adjust the settings ?

PS: can I navigate in the Steam VR world without my O+ controllers? I’m working through the bad Bluetooth built into my MB by getting a BT Dongle

You can adjust the settings from the VR Desktop by finding the floating Steam VR box, and clicking the down arrow and clicking settings. You don't need to navigate the Steam VR world (or at least I've not needed to), I've left my controllers in the box as I just play DCS.

I think O+ have its own BT build in, maybe here is your problem if you using BT dongle for controllers. Try to remove it and use O+ for it.

I think O+ have its own BT build in, maybe here is your problem if you using BT dongle for controllers. Try to remove it and use O+ for it.

I bought a new BT dongle and shut off the internal BT on motherboard via the bios and it worked. The MB built in BT didn’t work.

I bought a new BT dongle and shut off the internal BT on motherboard via the bios and it worked. The MB built in BT didn’t work.

Yes but because of same problems in the past SO+ have its own BT build in Headset. Maybe you just have to disable MB BT as I guess was a problem in the first place diferentBT standards.

But most important is its working now. So I'm glad you fix the problem anyway. thumbup.gif