DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #61
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
Wow Ciri, you really came back from your holiday...HARD...! Thats a hellish workload/feature list, i'm really impressed with the speed of feature update, right now its perfectly workable for squadrons using it themselves, but faction limits and some MP tools would bring this up to speed for many multiplayer servers to use and match random players online.
I will slow soon, or I will die at my keyboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberfeldwebel Elmo View Post
So correct me if im wrong but does this recognize the currently selected channel or pre set channel in the aircraft and use that for radio signal or does it use its own to go through the server. A more comprehensive video on how stuff works would help us mentally challenged folk not familiar with coding and such.
It takes the radio frequency directly from the Sim. If you've configured your radio to use the preset channels ie on Huey or A-10c, it'll show the actual frequency of that channel or if you've switch it to manual mode it'll go with whats on your radio dial for all non fc3 aircraft.

An interesting quirk of this if in a Huey the radios are quite vulnerable to ground fire so you may see the Radios switch to 0.000 in the overlay when damaged!

I will do a video at some point, the current issue is lack of time! If anyone else wants to do a tutorial and overview I would be eternally grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
When I open the overlay it looks like this

https://gyazo.com/20e7f62067f607fea65fe2a1facfbaad

How can I fix this? We were trying to use this tonight but could not get it to work. Were trying it with buddy spike server ip
Are you running on multiple screens (probably 3) by any chance? I think Pikey solved this for someone in his squad. Try dragging the radio to the edge of the screen so it expands to full. You can then resize it as normal with the resize control bottom right. I've only got one screen so can't test, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECK View Post
Cribob: Very promising work so far based on what I can read. I have not been able to test this yet, but will look into this when distance limitation and line of sight i in the works.

In the 132nd we have run large MP Coop missions, currently limiting it to 32 players. The reason is that we way back did a test with about 50 players, and then had TS crash, as TS could not handle 50 players in the same channel talking (We used Aries for that specific test, but testet also without the plugin, and people just talking)

With this radiomod, do you currently have an estimate how many players that can use the software at the same time? (We are looking for ways to increase the number of participants on our events, but currently we can not do it with using TS as the base for the radio mods).
Thanks! In theory this should be fine for 50 players as long as the CPU on your server is enough and there is plenty of bandwidth.

I don't have any estimates yet, hopefully we'll see how it goes with BlueFlag. If we can get 30+ current this early on I'll be incredibly happy.

As I posted earlier, the protocol is very naive and needs optimisation but that will happen over time.

If you do try it without the LOS and Distance limitations, please let me know how you get on!

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #62
mia389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post

Are you running on multiple screens (probably 3) by any chance? I think Pikey solved this for someone in his squad. Try dragging the radio to the edge of the screen so it expands to full. You can then resize it as normal with the resize control bottom right. I've only got one screen so can't test, sorry!

Yes, I have tripple monitors. And you fix worked perfect!! Awesome!
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #63
Corvus

I just did some test in A-10C and your program works great! Thank you! Free from TS plugins at last
I wonder, would it be possible to make radio select buttons work also as a PTT for that radio? So that, for example if I bind radio 2 to MIC switch forward on Warthog, pressing it would transmit on AM radio?
Old 07-09-2016, 08:07 PM   #64
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
I just did some test in A-10C and your program works great! Thank you! Free from TS plugins at last
I wonder, would it be possible to make radio select buttons work also as a PTT for that radio? So that, for example if I bind radio 2 to MIC switch forward on Warthog, pressing it would transmit on AM radio?
Good idea! I can add to the list and make it a setting so its either switch radio or switch + PTT.

Thanks

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 07-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #65
HiJack
Veteran

Great update! Could you possibly change the BANNED file to be read from time to time to build a new active banned list? We don't want to restart the server when there is users in there so it will be another (local desktop) server management job to do it manually. Or add a button to click for reloading the banned file without restarting the radio server?

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens

Last edited by HiJack; 07-09-2016 at 08:25 PM.
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #66
Corvus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Good idea! I can add to the list and make it a setting so its either switch radio or switch + PTT.

Thanks
Fantastic! Many thanks for your hard work!
Old 07-09-2016, 08:41 PM   #67
Tarres

Splendid workaround Corvus!
Tarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #68
Pikey
Veteran

Hmm, the installer stripped the export line out Ciri. so it stopped working, i'll try find what it was whilst you get to this.

The other thing...I take it the server now has to have the GameGui.lua and the SR-server.exe both running on it else you dont get player names for the connected/banlist? Does it have to be used? And do I have to use the installer/run other elements of the radio on the server as I have issues as its on my lan broadcasting away and conflicts.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:56 PM   #69
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
Hmm, the installer stripped the export line out Ciri. so it stopped working, i'll try find what it was whilst you get to this.

The other thing...I take it the server now has to have the GameGui.lua and the SR-server.exe both running on it else you dont get player names for the connected/banlist? Does it have to be used? And do I have to use the installer/run other elements of the radio on the server as I have issues as its on my lan broadcasting away and conflicts.
Bugger... That means I broke the installer.... I was doing so well! Will fix tomorrow

Nope GameGUI doesnt have to be server side, just clientside. Its the only way to retrieve the player slot reliably to get the coalition

We've just done a bigish test on BlueFlag and it seems to be having some issues with who can hear who so i'll investigate and fix tomorrow.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:45 AM   #70
Norsegunar

Hi,

Had a question about the Radio system. I was testing it by running the server on my computer and connect to it. Then using the mission editor placing down aircraft to check the radios. I was wondering, what aircraft is this working for ? I was able to get the overlay to show connection on the FC3 aircraft I tried (A-10a,SU-25T) and on the A-10c. But I wasn't able to get it to work on any of the Helicopters or any of the other fixed wing aircraft. Tested both 1.0.6 and 1.0.7

Thanks
Norsegunar is offline   Reply With Quote