Trouble transmitting on UHF

HawkEXO

In the Gazelle, I can tune the UHF radio to the desired frequency and I can receive SRS radio traffic, but I cannot transmit on SRS.

I have the UHF radio knob set to FF and I have depressed the UHF knob on the pilot and copilot intercom panels to select UHF for transmitting. UHF volume knobs are turned to maximum. Can you guys see anything I am missing, procedurally?

I can receive but I cannot transmit. I only have this problem in the Gazelle, which I think rules out SRS problems.

In the Gazelle, I can tune the UHF radio to the desired frequency and I can receive SRS radio traffic, but I cannot transmit on SRS.

I have the UHF radio knob set to FF and I have depressed the UHF knob on the pilot and copilot intercom panels to select UHF for transmitting. UHF volume knobs are turned to maximum. Can you guys see anything I am missing, procedurally?

I can receive but I cannot transmit. I only have this problem in the Gazelle, which I think rules out SRS problems.

This is an SRS thing.

It depends on what radios you have on.

If you start up and switch on all the radios, then SRS will default to the first one. On some of the trainers (and, by the looks of it, also the SA342), this is the VHF aviation band 119-139 MHz (or maybe the HF/FM 30MHz ... not sure / can't remember).

If you toggle the SRS radio overlay (it is on the General page of the SRS client), a small grey window should pop up. This will have the two or three radio options. Check to make sure you have the upper VHF (250-270 MHz or whatever it is) selected (there will be a green light next to it... which goes bright if you hit the push-to-talk key).

So, basically, you can receive with SRS to any radio you have on, but can only transmit on the one you have selected. Map an SRS hot key for it *.

EDIT : * By "map an SRS hot key for it", I have set keys for "Radio 1", "Radio 2" and "Radio 3" on the Controls tab of SRS. This lets me switch between transmitting on the different radios. I also have a key mapped to "Overlay Toggle", as I find that's useful for quickly checking mid-flight.

Edited by xvii-Dietrich
Some more clarification

Hello, sorry for the late reply to this thread. I have confirmed that this was the result of me not switching frequencies properly on SRS, and using the tips above I am able to transmit on UHF successfully now. Thank you for your help, and hopefully this thread serves as good documentation for anyone else having the same problem in the future.

P.S. since I have the ear of Polychop, let me thank you for the wondeful module. I enjoy flying the Gazelle a lot!

Edited by HawkEXO
Thanks

• 4 months later...
Since I have the ear of Polychop, let me thank you for the wondeful module. I enjoy flying the Gazelle a lot!

+1

Great fun, plenty to learn, loving it so far :thumbup:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 2 years later...