Memory Limit/Load Issues - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #131
thrustvector

lol, yea I have had this too, but not as bad as you, landing is gonna be a problem
Old 04-11-2018, 10:11 PM   #132
Shaman
Veteran

Dears,

I have just downloaded release version of DCS World 2.5 installed and tested Quick Start Ka-50 runway start mission.

While it was loading, I went to make and eat quickly supper, used restroom, go again to fridge and bring a beer... and it was still loading.

Upon finally entering the pit. I have taken off to fly only the race track pattern around the runway. I have experienced stuttering, some were few seconds long (basically a freeze). After few minutes stutters reduced.

Machine is ROG ASUS GL703 SCAR EDITION 17inch. It has 16GB of RAM.

Please remember that was a Quick Start Ka-50 runway hot start mission. Nothing fancy.

:: Shaman aka Shamansky
tail# 44 or 444
100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer
Old 04-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #133
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Dears,

I have just downloaded release version of DCS World 2.5 installed and tested Quick Start Ka-50 runway start mission.

While it was loading, I went to make and eat quickly supper, used restroom, go again to fridge and bring a beer... and it was still loading.

Upon finally entering the pit. I have taken off to fly only the race track pattern around the runway. I have experienced stuttering, some were few seconds long (basically a freeze). After few minutes stutters reduced.

Machine is ROG ASUS GL703 SCAR EDITION 17inch. It has 16GB of RAM.

Please remember that was a Quick Start Ka-50 runway hot start mission. Nothing fancy.
First load is always a decent amount of work, but if you tried it again, you would see it load much faster, also, do you have DCS on a SSD drive? makes a bit of difference as well.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-12-2018, 01:49 AM   #134
M1Combat

SSD's make a ton of difference.

Also... you can get 128GB SSD's pretty cheap these days. Even the slow, extra cheap ones will be a great deal better than a platter drive.

Nvidia RTX2080 (HTC Vive)
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
Old 04-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #135
Черный Дракул

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Luckily that version is still available to you, but ED wants to keep pushing DCS into the future, this means specs and demands on our systems will continue to climb. I imagine they will stabilize now that 2.5 is out, and they will continue to optimize, but some machines will need to be upgraded, its just part of the world of gaming.
Well, "world of gaming" it surely isn't. The only thing my rig is lacking is 2GB VRAM for the up to date "world of gaming".
As far as I remember, DCS have always had troubles with optimization. The only exceptions are A-10C and pre-1.5.6. It has always hurt DCS playerbase. As for now, it would be nice to check if it won't scourge that playerbase. Like I said, not everyone knows how to enable 1.5.6. in their Steam launcher and why should they do that. Remember: when you push too far, you fall out of that window (see "planking").
I just hope that when DM update comes, it will happen to all versions, including 1.5.6 and 1.5.8.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #136
NeilWillis
Veteran

The 1.5 branch is no longer supported, so prepare to be disappointed.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #137
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Черный Дракул View Post
Well, "world of gaming" it surely isn't. The only thing my rig is lacking is 2GB VRAM for the up to date "world of gaming".
As far as I remember, DCS have always had troubles with optimization. The only exceptions are A-10C and pre-1.5.6. It has always hurt DCS playerbase. As for now, it would be nice to check if it won't scourge that playerbase. Like I said, not everyone knows how to enable 1.5.6. in their Steam launcher and why should they do that. Remember: when you push too far, you fall out of that window (see "planking").
I just hope that when DM update comes, it will happen to all versions, including 1.5.6 and 1.5.8.
From my experience over a long time of flying flight/combat flight simulations it was always necessary to have a decent, as in as good as you can get for money, PC to go somewhere near "high" settings. If you wanted all bells and whistles it meant to wait another year or two, until the necessary hardware was actually available.

Compared to the 90ies DCS is a real treat. With normal high end hardware we are able to play more or less with everything on high in 1080p. Only extreme resolutions like 4k and beyond or VR-Headsets, require extreme performance hardware like a GTX 1080Ti and 4.8 GHz OC i7 CPUs.

If you take into account, the visibility and rendering distances, modeled to a decent detail over heights from 50ft through 1000 ft to 50k ft and it looks great and believable over that range,the new ED Graphics Engine is doing a great job, already.

As said above 1.5.8 and previous will no longer get updates.
Similar to a Playstation 4 game that will not run on a Playstation 2.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
Old 04-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #138
Kokomakak

Going back to 1.5 does not make sense... I tried doing that every time I got frustrated with 2.5 but going to 1.5 (although more stable) feel like being stuck in limbo or purgatory). I decided to stick with 2.5 and ride thru the bugs with ED.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #139
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Черный Дракул View Post
Older versions will not receive updates. That is why they are old versions.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #140
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokomakak View Post
Going back to 1.5 does not make sense... I tried doing that every time I got frustrated with 2.5 but going to 1.5 (although more stable) feel like being stuck in limbo or purgatory). I decided to stick with 2.5 and ride thru the bugs with ED.
I use this analogy all the time, but ED is renovating our house while we are living in it, we can either stay here and step over the occasional problem, or we can go stay in a hotel until its ready.
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread