DCS: Me 262 Discussion - Page 30 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 11:15 PM   #291
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYLON View Post
I remember reading about an FC3 pack of World War 2 aircraft, but the FC3 aircraft have full flight models and its safe to assume the World War 2 aircraft pack would as well. I wouldn't buy it if they didn't honestly. The big things that separate DCS from its competitors are the fully fleshed out flight models and/or clickable cockpits. Without at least one of those features, it's no buy for me and others I'm sure.

It would break multiplayer to have SFM only planes and that was already an issue that had to be addressed.
It's being tossed around I think, similar to MAC, I doubt they would be SFM, once you're going PFM you never go back. Nothing firm on this right now at all. Right now the focus is on the P-47, 262 and Mosquito.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:00 AM   #292
CYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
It's being tossed around I think, similar to MAC, I doubt they would be SFM, once you're going PFM you never go back. Nothing firm on this right now at all. Right now the focus is on the P-47, 262 and Mosquito.
Good to know, thanks! I'm eagerly awaiting all of those modules.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #293
cmeliak

Quote:

Good one, thank you

Old 08-29-2019, 05:47 PM   #294
Hummingbird

Quote:
I am not sure that money went to ED as it was through another company to the Kickstarter, that said, it is coming, but its been mostly research and development right now, ordering of documents can be time-consuming, much of it will come from places like NASM in the US, and if you have ever ordered anything from there, it can be slow. Our FMs are much more dynamic, they require a lot more information than what you might see elsewhere, so they do tend to be more time-consuming. As someone pointed out in the P-47 thread, it can be easier to build a real one than create a simulation from scratch at the level we are dealing with here.
Don't forget to get Eric Brown's report from the UK archives, AFAIK it's the only Allied test report of an Me262 maintained by actual 262 German crews.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #295
Zius

Quote:

Thanks! Really looking forward to it, especially the Me 262.

Although I do really hope that they will have PFM / ASM because that's what sets DCS apart from everything else on the market. I can live with some systems being unavailable in EA, but I do hope PFM / ASM is the goal.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #296
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zius View Post
Thanks! Really looking forward to it, especially the Me 262.

Although I do really hope that they will have PFM / ASM because that's what sets DCS apart from everything else on the market. I can live with some systems being unavailable in EA, but I do hope PFM / ASM is the goal.
They never said otherwise regarding Me262. Hope there's no change in their minds.

S!
Old 09-07-2019, 05:56 PM   #297
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
They never said otherwise regarding Me262. Hope there's no change in their minds.

S!

fingers crossed. words could not describe, how dissapointed i would be, if the 262 would come without pfm/asm.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #298
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
fingers crossed. words could not describe, how dissapointed i would be, if the 262 would come without pfm/asm.
PFM is out of discussion, ED will not go back to any less detailed than a PFM now. With regards to ASM, as I said never, ever, anybody said it would be otherwise but we know the question they made about Mosquito being like that due to complexity. Anyway, bearing in mind 262 is an aircraft from RRG kickstarter (unlike the Mosquito) I guess it has to be full hardcore to fulfil that, so making assumptions now in any other direction is just a mere lucubration.

S!
Old 09-07-2019, 09:58 PM   #299
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
PFM is out of discussion, ED will not go back to any less detailed than a PFM now. With regards to ASM, as I said never, ever, anybody said it would be otherwise but we know the question they made about Mosquito being like that due to complexity. Anyway, bearing in mind 262 is an aircraft from RRG kickstarter (unlike the Mosquito) I guess it has to be full hardcore to fulfil that, so making assumptions now in any other direction is just a mere lucubration.

S!

ok. this makes sense. thanks for the clarification!