which H.O.T.A.S. to get

What about the tens of thousands of Warthogs sold that you don't read about?

I've seen so many times that a product got lousy reviews from some and I owned that product and had no problems.

How come you aren't swayed by the Warthog owners that are happy with it? I'm not trying to convince you to buy one. I'm just saying you need to look at both sides of product reviews.

If I have any problems i'll PM you what they were and how I fixed them. If you never hear from me you know i'm still in Warthog happy days.

Buzz

Lets face it, even though the TNWH is a piece of crap, insecure folks need to rationalize the fact that they spent to much money on it AND the fact that they have emotional ties with the crap since it it "theirs". Denial is their way of dealing with making such a bad purchase.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Lets face it, even though the TNWH is a piece of crap, insecure folks need to rationalize the fact that they spent to much money on it AND the fact that they have emotional ties with the crap since it it "theirs". Denial is their way of dealing with making such a bad purchase.

Speaking of crap. Let's look at your post. I wouldn't have bought two Warthogs if I thought they were crap. There is no denial in my life. You're just trolling.

Buzz

I think Buzzu is right.

Look at both sides and compare the numbers, also the price tag. The newer sticks that came out last couple years all benefot from the TM breaking the ice 1st place.

Would I buy Warthog again ? Maybe not but spend even more on said new sticks from VKB etc..

Would I recommend the Warthog Hotas: YES, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Sure, you can grab north of 1 grand and get all VKB and BRD....if you can afford it. It will sure be fun, but a Hotas for half the price will also make lots of fun.

It's mainly a money thing, how much can you invest in gear, sub 500 or way above 500 imho.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

BuzzU, the flood of bricking throttle cases in the first year of THW production was not an imaginary issue and even though there were more users not suffering from it than the ones who did, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, not in the 400+ $ hardware set as it was priced back then. Fortunately, it's not a problem anymore.

However, the poor design and workmanship of gimbal assembly plus stiction issues are are still a thing, never adressed properly in the later production batches. No matter what flight sim forum you go to, they're always mentioned as "cons" after a hefty set of "pros" and that's just not a coincidence. One only has to disassemble the unit and take a look inside.

People have been opting for Warthog for a few recent years, because it was the only premium HOTAS set available on the market in its price range (at least premium on the outside) and for the most part it was still a nice product. I bought it myself, aware of aforementioned shortcomings, because I didn't have any other choice. In the hindsight, wouldn't call the whole of it "crap", just some of its components are :D. Been using mine for 3 years and I'm pleased with it. Or should I say, one malfunction&repair + one regreasing + crafting my own extension later, it's much better now and I still hope to use it for next 3, if only it lasts that long.

However, the point is customers are not subjected to THW monopoly anymore. Latest VKB and Virplil products already offer vastly superior mechanical design and after maturing a bit and dialing out any inevitable early production issues, if only they don't become prohibitively expensive, they'll replace THW as a primary premium joystick option sooner or later.

I'm OK with my THW, but I know for sure that IF it broke today for good (though I hope it won't!), I wouldn't be buying the next one and would probably go VKB instead.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Speaking of crap. Let's look at your post. I wouldn't have bought two Warthogs if I thought they were crap. There is no denial in my life. You're just trolling.

LOL! Sure you have two. The second one allowed you to fly while you were fixing the design defects with the first. Face it....TM scammed you and thousands of others with an over priced and badly designed and manufactured piece of crap. Your skills of rationalization and denial prevent you from seeing this. BTW, I think you have trolling confused with the right of a forum members to express their opinions on topics even if you disagree with them.

Edited by lasvideo

BuzzU, the flood of bricking throttle cases in the first year of THW production was not an imaginary issue and even though there were more users not suffering from it than the ones who did, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, not in the 400+ $ hardware set as it was priced back then. Fortunately, it's not a problem anymore.

However, the poor design and workmanship of gimbal assembly plus stiction issues are are still a thing, never adressed properly in the later production batches. No matter what flight sim forum you go to, they're always mentioned as "cons" after a hefty set of "pros" and that's just not a coincidence. One only has to disassemble the unit and take a look inside.

People have been opting for Warthog for a few recent years, because it was the only premium HOTAS set available on the market in its price range (at least premium on the outside) and for the most part it was still a nice product. I bought it myself, aware of aforementioned shortcomings, because I didn't have any other choice. In the hindsight, wouldn't call the whole of it "crap", just some of its components are :D. Been using mine for 3 years and I'm pleased with it. Or should I say, one malfunction&repair + one regreasing + crafting my own extension later, it's much better now and I still hope to use it for next 3, if only it lasts that long.

However, the point is customers are not subjected to THW monopoly anymore. Latest VKB and Virplil products already offer vastly superior mechanical design and after maturing a bit and dialing out any inevitable early production issues, if only they don't become prohibitively expensive, they'll replace THW as a primary premium joystick option sooner or later.

I'm OK with my THW, but I know for sure that IF it broke today for good (though I hope it won't!), I wouldn't be buying the next one and would probably go VKB instead.

Well said! I admire your honest evaluation of the situation.

LOL! Sure you have two. The second one allowed you to fly while you were fixing the design defects with the first. Face it....TM scammed you and thousands of others with an over priced and badly designed and manufactured piece of crap. Your skills of rationalization and denial prevent you from seeing this.

Trolls always assume too much. No, I don't have two Warthogs. I sold the first one thinking I wanted to go back to race sims. I've done that for 15 years pretty steady. The member on this forum is still happy with the warthog I sold him. When I decided to came back the flight combat sims I bought another Warthog. So, i've only spent money for one and neither one gave me a problem.

Buzz

...................------>>> and after maturing a bit and dialing out any inevitable early production issues, if only they don't become prohibitively expensive, they'll replace THW as a primary premium joystick option sooner or later.

I am by far no TM fan, but we have to grand the same "early production mishaps" to both parties, fair game for all. TM for sure had plenty more numbers in early stages than a garage assembly with rather small numbers. So when TM had that mishap, they unfortunately had higher numbers in early production.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

As you said Art. The throttle case problem is fixed and a buyer won't have that problem if they buy one now.

As for the gimbal. The problem is a little extra flashing. Some have it and some don't. I agree it's sloppy QC to not remove it on all the gimbals before assembly, but it is what it is. If you have one that sticks it's not a hard fix and only costs some time. Less than 30min. I consider it a non issue. I like to tinker anyway.

The mini stick is another easy fix. Very carefully put a drop of super glue on the end of the nub. It's just enough to make it comfortable to use. It took me 2 min of time to do it and no disassembly.

Buzz

Trolls always assume too much. No, I don't have two Warthogs. I sold the first one thinking I wanted to go back to race sims. I've done that for 15 years pretty steady. The member on this forum is still happy with the warthog I sold him. When I decided to came back the flight combat sims I bought another Warthog. So, i've only spent money for one and neither one gave me a problem.

Fools are in constant denial of the truth....and since I dont suffer fools... buh bye....

• Like 1