Guns jamming - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #11
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
Thing is that the mgs in the 190 are the same as in the 109 yet in the 109 they don't jam at all.
Plus the 20 mm in the 190 jammed less than the 30 mm on the 109 what is not represented in the game.
So it's either a bug or a missing feature in the other aircrafts.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1A mit Tapatalk
In P-51D at high G's there is a stoppage. So sometimes you are pulling lead and you shoot and MG's stop on their own. But they never get jammed. But we loose HMGs a lot from any little damage to the wing.
I only read that P-51B had jamming problems but P-51D mitigated that by changing the angle at which the guns were setup. D version seemingly didn't have too many jamming issues.

It is wierd though if the setup of the 109 and 190 of 13mm machine guns is the same and 190 gets a jam at the same G's. Although it is easier to pull higher G's with 190 so it might be the same but 109 might not be able to even pull that many G's without substantial horisontal stab trim.

One more thing, P-51D has overheating modeled (even overmodeled if you ask me) and weapons bend and bigger dispersion appears. German guns do not have that modeled (confirmed) because as the developers said there is no data on that, so no overheating modeled at all (?).

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #12
ACG_IronJockel

Reputation power: 4
ACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura about

What has the p51 to do this this?
The same gun is prone to jam in plane a but not in b and we don't know why.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #13
Solty

Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
What has the p51 to do this this?
The same gun is prone to jam in plane a but not in b and we don't know why.

Nothing, just saying that in our P-51D there is something, so it is not only Fw190D that has it modeled, but it works differently. That is why I asked if it is permanent.

With 109 (plane a)and 190 (plane b), if those weapon systems are the same there is no excuse that one would work different than the other. But what I though, is that it might be possible that 109 cannot get into that high G's and therfore never get into a position of jamming the weapons.

At what G's does this occur?

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
Old 09-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #14
ACG_IronJockel

Reputation power: 4
ACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura about

Around 5g. What gun jams seems to be random.
Did test the 109 aswell. You can pull that amount of g with ease.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #15
FoxDelta

Reputation power: 6
FoxDelta will become famous soon enoughFoxDelta will become famous soon enough

the reference for bug or feature shall be the real life behaviour. so evaluate how often and in which situations the jam occured in real life, and thereafter request a change or not.
FoxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #16
FoxDelta

to Solty
i dont think thats 100% correct,
position and attitude of the gun within the fuselage, reloading and rounds outthrow are very important
so the same guns in different fuselages may behave different
Old 09-21-2017, 12:35 AM   #17
Solty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxDelta View Post
to Solty
i dont think thats 100% correct,
position and attitude of the gun within the fuselage, reloading and rounds outthrow are very important
so the same guns in different fuselages may behave different
That's why I said weapon systems not weapons and even given the example of P-51B and D where both guns are the same but the way they are set up makes a difference between being prone to jam and not having manyh issues with it.

My channel:
Old 09-21-2017, 06:04 AM   #18
FoxDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post
That's why I said weapon systems not weapons and even given the example of P-51B and D where both guns are the same but the way they are set up makes a difference between being prone to jam and not having manyh issues with it.
oh sorry. my fault.