TF-51D elevator trim

13loody

Not sure if I should post this in this subforum, but I was giving the TF-51D a try, and it seems that the elevator trim is not working.

I trim the plane full tail-heavy, and even with max power settings, if I let the elevator input to neutral, the plane will gradually assume a nose down attitude.

Is this expected? Am I doing something obviously wrong? IIRC, last time a flew the TF-51D, I could trim it to fly level and straight.

Would guess that something else is not setup correctly. Trim on either Mustang works fine for me and I fly them a lot. I know track files can be a mess sometimes, but might want to try and provide one to help us see what is going on.

Usually air starts can be a bit more reliable for track files if that helps any.

Not sure if I should post this in this subforum, but I was giving the TF-51D a try, and it seems that the elevator trim is not working.

I trim the plane full tail-heavy, and even with max power settings, if I let the elevator input to neutral, the plane will gradually assume a nose down attitude.

Is this expected? Am I doing something obviously wrong? IIRC, last time a flew the TF-51D, I could trim it to fly level and straight.

are you sure that you retracted your gear and rise flaps full up ?? are you sure that you triming elevator ??

elevator trim range in p-51 is very large

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Thanks for the answers.

I tried again (attached track). I created a new mission, starting airborne ~3kft, 30% fuel. I set the throttle to ~50inHg, propeller full forward. And then I set the elevator trim to full tail heavy. If I don't apply any pressure on the controls, the plane loses altitude (VSI keeps dropping).

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

tf51d-trim.trk

Yeah, something in your settings seems off. When you moved the trim wheel in your track, the stick did not move at all in reaction to the trim adjustment. When I took control and did it, you could see the stick move in reaction and the nose come up. In fact, at your test power settings, I only needed a slight amount of trim (barely off zero) to get level flight. When I took control with your settings, it went from the level flight to snap rolls because of the high speed stall from too much elevator.

Another thing I noticed, but had nothing to do with your trim, is that it showed you running on only the L (left) magneto. Not sure if that was just a track inaccuracy or you had it set that way. If so, you are loosing power. Set it to both for best performance.

Edited by Shahdoh

Check game settings and make sure ffb is disabled or enabled depending on what you have

Yeap, I must have accidentally enabled it. Now it works, and indeed now the controls move as you apply trim. Tyvm!

Regarding the magnetos switch, it's set to both, so probably it's a track issue.