Just got the F-5 module

Got myself a shiny new F-5.

Oh man, just like the Hornet, this module is worth it just for the theme music! :music_whistling::thumbup:

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I can only agree. The F-5 is a really nice aircraft, especially if you want to fly by yourself. In the F-18 you're flying a computer, but its fun, too. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The 5 is a fine flying aircraft. Check out the Cold War online server if your inclined for hot F-5 on Mig-21 action.

Cool, thanks for the heads-up!

It's really nice handling little plane :) I seem to have a hard time getting a radar lock on anything, but since it doesn't carry BVR missiles, it doesn't seem to matter much. But, I can't get a lock on anything further than about 5 nautical miles out.

Imma check out that server sometime, actually, I'm just getting into some DCS online for the first time, and I was playing DCS when it was first released years ago.

Peace

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

The F-5E is pretty much my favorite module. The F-14B and F/A-18C are fantastic. But they are a lot more difficult to learn and operate effectively. The F-5E is a supersonic F-86 with a radar, RWR, and decoys. To be fair, the F/A-18C can be operated almost as simply as the F-5E in air to air if you don't worry about all the extra MFD options. But I am much more comfortable with the simple, straightforward cockpit of the F-5... didn't really need a manual to fly and fight effectively in an F-5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-5E is pretty much my favorite module. The F-14B and F/A-18C are fantastic. But they are a lot more difficult to learn and operate effectively. The F-5E is a supersonic F-86 with a radar, RWR, and decoys. To be fair, the F/A-18C can be operated almost as simply as the F-5E in air to air if you don't worry about all the extra MFD options. But I am much more comfortable with the simple, straightforward cockpit of the F-5... didn't really need a manual to fly and fight effectively in an F-5.

It certainly does seem pretty straight to the point, and it handles nicely :) It's a better dogfighter in the classic sense than the MiG-21, which I bought the module to complement. Actually, I wanted the MiG-19, but there's no F-100 for it to go up against! If and/or when they release an F-100, I'm probably grabbing both :)

AD

Kit: