CCIP Bombing

DerFangzahn

Hi,

Currently doing some training on the M2000. And still I am really shit on CCIP bombing. I don't get any consistent results. Whatever I use. MK82 or the Cluster bomb.

I use radar and radar altimeter in conjunction. So what parameters (speed, altitude, dive angle,...) I have to be in to get accurate results? I have no issues doing this in the F18 or the A10. But in the M2K I get really random results.

So what is the clue here?

Thank You!

Hi.

Let's assume before all that the M2K-C isn't a proper bomber (as the -D version is instead), but the same you can have some little fun anyway.

Try loading cluster bombs with retarded fuze, 02 of spacing and 02 ordnance releasing at each time settings. Climb to 8K at least, approaching the target area at 400 knots. When at 3 or 4 miles from the target, at your choice, start a 30°-30° diving until you reach 450 kts. at least, always keeping your target aimed with the pipper. Try to release the bombs before you reach 3K of altitude, then climb with a 20° left or right evading turn (let's say with a 30°-45° roll) until you reach 8K of altitude again. That's the basic tactics, you can find out and experiment yours own also after.

Exercise yourself a lot, it won't come out so easy at the first times.

Good luck and have fun, most of all!

With best regards.

Edited by JagHond

No, the idea is too choose between 2 attack profiles:

- slick bomb = "stand off" (at least from AAA)

- high drag bomb = very low level/ high speed.

So if you go high drag, below 500ft AGL & 450kt<speed<600kt.

Currently the problem with beluga is that it behaves like a Mk 20 Rockeye, so it isn't high drag.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi