INS Update is screwy

LastRifleRound

I've seen several posts referencing INS being messed up back in 2016. It isn't clear to me what is still screwed up and how. It seems like no matter what I do the INS updates are largely ignored. I can purposely designate a spot well off target and it will not make any difference.

I am well within the 15nm limit for an update, btw, the REC button is not flashing, VAL is lit up and the LED's read out a delta distance and bearing. Pressing VAL seems to have no effect at all.

I have tried overflight and OBL modes. Radar altimeter is on, radar is EM and in TAS mode for OBL.

This can't possibly be screwed up for 3 years? INS updates are a bread-and-butter task of flying this aircraft.

Yes it can. INS update do work but it wont be based on your designed spot, it will just update to the correct location. Annoying as its not realistic, but not game breaking. I just force myself to do the update as precisely as i can, even if i know it wont matters

Wow. It's not even on the update roadmap. Bombs are very inaccurate, precision mode release doesn't work right, tws is messed up.

I don't think I'll be buying any more RAZBAM modules. 3 years later and critical systems don't work right. I took my time and researched, read the whole manual, watched a bunch of videos, lurked hoggit and this forum. I had no idea this stuff was all still broken. I feel mislead. Why are there training missions showing me this procedure as if it isn't broken? I spent 40 minutes trying to get that damn cross under the bridge only to find out there was nothing I could do. It's like the devs knew they couldn't get it right so slid this mechanic in hoping we wouldn't notice. They should have to be up front with what they know is broken.

I've been with ED since LOMAC and IL2. I have the a10C and BS2. I'm coming from Heatblur's Viggen which I love. My expectations I guess were too high. I'm putting this one down and jumping to the Tomcat. Until they fix these things I'm not touching anything RAZBAM.

It used to work correctly and training mission worked fine. It has been broken after an update a long time ago and never got fixed. Hopefully all those bugs will be sorted out when SNA will be reworked with Mirage MLO

I doubt it. The MLU doesn't show any fixes to INS fix or changes to CCRP accuracy. These things shouldn't have to wait. 3 years to fix a bug you introduced is just lazy. I'm a developer myself. I have no idea how something like breaking where bombs land passes an integration test and ever sees light of day all the way to production. It's not like they broke the color of the lights, they broke a whole mission set. 3 years ago. Then just left it.

Well rant over. We'll see what happens. I get the feeling they need more than one systems dev. These things are just so complicated.

I doubt it. The MLU doesn't show any fixes to INS fix or changes to CCRP accuracy. These things shouldn't have to wait. 3 years to fix a bug you introduced is just lazy. I'm a developer myself. I have no idea how something like breaking where bombs land passes an integration test and ever sees light of day all the way to production. It's not like they broke the color of the lights, they broke a whole mission set. 3 years ago. Then just left it.

Well rant over. We'll see what happens. I get the feeling they need more than one systems dev. These things are just so complicated.

You should see the harrier...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You should see the harrier...

Please, take a ticket. The Mirage is on its way to its 4th anniversary, you will have the right to complain in two more years xD (unless users will blame you for being childish after waiting this long to have a completed module).

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Please, take a ticket. The Mirage is on its way to its 4th anniversary, you will have the right to complain in two more years xD (unless users will blame you for being childish after waiting this long to have a completed module).

LOL, we are all in the same boat brother :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes it can. INS update do work but it wont be based on your designed spot, it will just update to the correct location.

That INS behaviour is just ridiculous and leaves me kinda speechless that this is still not fixed :cry:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

here is lot of problems concerning the INS, for exemple:

In SEC mode the INU is supposed to work like an AHRS, so no waypoints, no Flight Path Marker and "energy chevrons". In the game you keep the FPM an d chevrons

More serious, in VEI, OFF or damaged the, INU should'nt provide anything. So no ADI, no HSI, no firing solutions, no heading or attitude in VTB and VTH unless you rely on the standby attitude (switch on right side). Currently in the game everything works perfectly with INU switched off.

A last one: Waypoints displayed on the VTB does'nt drift like the INS.

I don't want to be harsh but I have sometimes the feeling the coders don't understand very well what they are supposed to replicate.