How long has it been since...

bkthunder

the red beacon lights didn't shine into the cockpit (makign them unusable), and the Tacan volume worked properly?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Tacan volume actually works. Cant remember who it was, but he/she pointed out that initially before it has a station tuned in (range and direction showing on HSI), the Tacan volume has no effect. You have to wait for it to be tuned in, range and direction showing, then you can adjust the volume. So it will beep during its warmup phase with no effect of the volume adjust.

Now if the volume should work during warmup?

Beacon, I believe that was in 2.1/1.5, so pre-deferred rendering.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Was this post, regarding the Tacan volume: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3401346&postcount=7

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Tacan volume actually works. Cant remember who it was, but he/she pointed out that initially before it has a station tuned in (range and direction showing on HSI), the Tacan volume has no effect. You have to wait for it to be tuned in, range and direction showing, then you can adjust the volume. So it will beep during its warmup phase with no effect of the volume adjust.

Now if the volume should work during warmup?

Beacon, I believe that was in 2.1/1.5, so pre-deferred rendering.

Yes, this is what happens consistently. While the TACAN is initialising (maybe going through a BIT) the morse code will sound with no effect from the volume knob. As soon as the signal locks in and the HSI shows an accurate reading, the volume knob will be respected.

I don't think it is a big deal, I view it as a BIT during start-up, turn the volume knob to minimum and continue on.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Ah good to know about the Tacan volume, is that realistic though?

The big annoyance is the beacon lights though... I will never understand how these kind of bugs remain unresolved for years on end, considering they are right in your face and probably easy to solve. The F-5 could be a fully functional and bug-free module (a rarity).

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Ah good to know about the Tacan volume, is that realistic though?

The big annoyance is the beacon lights though... I will never understand how these kind of bugs remain unresolved for years on end, considering they are right in your face and probably easy to solve. The F-5 could be a fully functional and bug-free module (a rarity).

Probably because it hasn't been that way ''for years'' and is not gamebreaking by any means. Every aircraft was affected by the change. Many of them have been fixed, some are beginning their repair phase (A-10C and Ka-50). They only have so many code monkeys to go around while also working on other stuff. It's already been said the F-5 cockpit was going to get redone, too, also the Su-25T. Would be magically better if they were fixing the F-5 and Su-25 while the A-10 and Ka-50 waited instead? It's all the same. It's all getting done. Be patient and don't rabblerouse for no reason. Alternatively, help them fix stuff.

As for the radio... yeah, probably, considering the trouble they went to to very specifically do it that way, dontcha think?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Probably because it hasn't been that way ''for years''

You're right, it's been like that for about "two weeks" :thumbup: