GBU-12 issue

piwo76

Hi everyone. I have a strange problem with the GBU-12 and don't know if this is a bug or if I did something wrong...

I am currently playing the last mission of the Red-Flag campaign where you have 3 GBU-12s together with a JTAC. I played the mission twice now and both times the second bomb (the center one) just kind of vanished. I drop the bomb, hear the drop sound and then nothing happens. I don't see it in the external weapons view, the target doesn't get hit, and I don't get any feedback from the JTAC. The first and third bomb (the ones under the wings) work as they should. Also strange is that my wingman dropped all 3 bombs and each of them hit the target.

Is this something which is known?

I flown a CAS training mission last night with a fellow human being as a JTAC and we experienced the same problem.

We ran the stable version and did not updated with the patch made available yesterday. What's even more strange is that we made several CAS training earlier this week and did not have a single problem.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Please Razbam investigate.

I flown in ''Through the Inferno'' campaign yesterday with 2x 2000l fuel tank, 2x Magics, and 4 GBU-12.

When I pickled my bombs, 2 out of 4 bombs just vanished. You hear them fall, you fell the aircraft being unbalanced, but the bomb just vanished. They were the two under the air intake. The other 2, which were under the fuselage with AUF-2 launcher, were normal and managed to hit their target. I'll try to reproduce this bug and save a trk file.

• 1 month later...