Huey wish list

ebabil

I have missed the great discount on this module in Easter. Is there any way that we can get notified about discounts or do need to we check the website regularly by ourselves?

You could subscribe to the weekly newsletter (from your Profile page).

engine limitations pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thats all I want. The flight model is great, but without limits its an arcade. And this is my #1 module and my favorite developer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Before getting anymore into cosmetics it would be nice if they'd finally get engine limitations implemented. I'm sure most know that as of now, you can fly the huey as hard as you want without hurting the engine.

Can and, as a result, frequently do. Bad behavior for sure, but I rarely look at the engine instruments.... unless I have a master caution I have no need to.

Also as a result, I've found plenty of missions that grossly overload the aircraft (troops, plus rockets and miniguns... oh and hey let's throw in a sling load just for kicks!) because hey, the engine can take it!

Ok, I think this have been asked before, but also I think we never got a official answer, so here's my question.

- Will Belsimtek please give the players the option to erase the hardpoints whilecarrying the door gunners?....

+1 !

This subsystem would suffice ;)

m60-kpm23.gif

//Jarl

Edited by Jarlerus

I noticed a couple of updates ago, the overhead panel became so dark that even in broad daylight I cannot read any of the switch labels and I can barely see the switches. This used to not be the case. I wish we could brighten things up a bit.

I noticed a couple of updates ago, the overhead panel became so dark that even in broad daylight I cannot read any of the switch labels and I can barely see the switches. This used to not be the case. I wish we could brighten things up a bit.

Usually the first thing I do in the Huey is switch the backlighting of the overhead panel and pedestal on.

Overhead panel, furthest rotaries towards the cabin fully clockwise, then take care to go through the engine start without large delays after switching the battery on.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Before getting anymore into cosmetics it would be nice if they'd finally get engine limitations implemented. I'm sure most know that as of now, you can fly the huey as hard as you want without hurting the engine.

See, I didn't know that and constantly tried to stay within the limits... silly me.

This is the single thing that keeps me from buying the Huey. Not necessarily because it's going to have such a great impact on my gameplay experience (I wouldn't know until I tried it) but because the lack of limitation has persisted so long that it has gained almost mythical status in the DCS community, and I feel I can't reward a developer for consistently turning a blind eye to that sort of issue.

So that's my wish for the wish list thread.

This is the single thing that keeps me from buying the Huey. Not necessarily because it's going to have such a great impact on my gameplay experience (I wouldn't know until I tried it) but because the lack of limitation has persisted so long that it has gained almost mythical status in the DCS community, and I feel I can't reward a developer for consistently turning a blind eye to that sort of issue.

Watching people fly through trees and getting laughed at for not hauling ass at 120 knots because that would put my EGT near 700 both make me cringe.

Mission builders putting farps in the mountains with helos at 100% full load and a full load of ordinance only compounds the issue.

• Like 1

Yep, the engine limitations, are the single most important thing, closely followed by the missing Multiplayer Multicrew (at least an early alpha test, like we have in the Gazelle or Hawk) would be nice.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

With regard to engine limitations, will it be also good to know that, according to the Operator's Manual, engine performance is not accurate modelled and EGT for instance is usually higher than one can expect, as well as it happens with rpm drop in conditions that it shouldn't happen.

So for those of you asking for engine damage related to limitations, be aware that in the present state of response, you may find troubles far before a real Huey will have.

As an example, climbing at 38" of torque pressure, with the helo unloaded and a OAT of 10ºC, puts the EGT at or above 625ºC that is the 30 minute operation limit. 625ºC to 675ºC is a 10 second limit just for starting and acceleration.

Making the flight more realistic is just a matter of sticking oneself to the limitations even if the module allows you to make "superhero tasks". But I think that many people doesn't care about limitations because it can look much more funny to fly 140 KIAS overloaded than trying to apply standard procedures.

In a utility or cargo helicopter, performance, weight (and balance) calculations can be critical for mission accomplishment and an important part of the pilot's tasks.

I think that the impact in your gameplay experience will be much more related with the way you decide to use the module. It is a good one, close enough to the real one to make you feel you are inside one of them, but trully with significant improvements in the waiting list.

But I see your point and it make sense.

Edited by McFlurry

With regard to engine limitations, will it be also good to know that, according to the Operator's Manual, engine performance is not accurate modelled and EGT for instance is usually higher than one can expect, as well as it happens with rpm drop in conditions that it shouldn't happen.

So for those of you asking for engine damage related to limitations, be aware that in the present state of response, you may find troubles far before a real Huey will have.

As an example, climbing at 38" of torque pressure, with the helo unloaded and a OAT of 10ºC, puts the EGT at or above 625ºC that is the 30 minute operation limit. 625ºC to 675ºC is a 10 second limit just for starting and acceleration.

Making the flight more realistic is just a matter of sticking oneself to the limitations even if the module allows you to make "superhero tasks". But I think that many people doesn't care about limitations because it can look much more funny to fly 140 KIAS overloaded than trying to apply standard procedures.

In a utility or cargo helicopter, performance, weight (and balance) calculations can be critical for mission accomplishment and an important part of the pilot's tasks.

Yep, this is the biggest problem. This should be addressed in an overhaul of the engine model, that must model a realistic EGT, as well as torque behaviour.

We need to understand that "damage" due to exceeding EGT is not an immediate effect.

In general it would require a maintenance after exceeding EGT and mostly put more wear and tear on the turbine.

This can lead to damage, but it is more a cumulative process.

Yet, I expect the engine to definitely fail after running the turbine at max EGT for 5-10 minutes plus. ;)

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1

Shagrat

To be able to lower your sun visor to reduce glare would be a cool mod for all the sim's. Does anyone no whether or not having landing lights on or nav lights attracts more enemy fire at night? If not it would be a cool addition.

It would be cool if we could disembark troops quicker, say in a hot LZ. Upon approach we could instigate a key command so as soon as the skids hit the ground, the troops are disembarking, allowing the AC to depart asap.

Loosing the tail rotor or tail boom causes troops to be thrown out of the cab during the violent spin and movement of centre of gravity.

As rounds come up through the cockpit, they could shoot out individual gauges, radios etc.

Evidence of oil or hydraulic leak from the cowlings.

John

To be able to lower your sun visor to reduce glare would be a cool mod for all the sim's. Does anyone no whether or not having landing lights on or nav lights attracts more enemy fire at night? If not it would be a cool addition.

It would be cool if we could disembark troops quicker, say in a hot LZ. Upon approach we could instigate a key command so as soon as the skids hit the ground, the troops are disembarking, allowing the AC to depart asap.

Loosing the tail rotor or tail boom causes troops to be thrown out of the cab during the violent spin and movement of centre of gravity.

As rounds come up through the cockpit, they could shoot out individual gauges, radios etc.

Evidence of oil or hydraulic leak from the cowlings.

John

Lights do effect spotting! Lit up like a christmas tree any Mk I eyeball gets a bonus to "detect" you... So always take care to fence in, before entering enemy territory. :)

Shagrat

• 5 weeks later...
On the multicrew side, the door gunners accessible by a simply Combined Arms user

AI gunners and copilot that act as spotters for SA fire (SAMs and AAA) and, at least do a call.

very good idea :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed, this will be a different machine once the Engines are factored in correctly. I am sure the current model helps the Huey's popularity but for sure there will be a lot of popped engines after Huey 2.0 rides into town.

2.0 will be a nice work load intensive machine to drive.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• ED Team
Agreed, this will be a different machine once the Engines are factored in correctly. I am sure the current model helps the Huey's popularity but for sure there will be a lot of popped engines after Huey 2.0 rides into town.

2.0 will be a nice work load intensive machine to drive.

now engine damage due to engine overheat is in testing stage

now engine damage due to engine overheat is in testing stage

That's really great news!!! I've waited years(!) for this feature! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg