Question about the "modularity" of DCS ..

ANGST

Not knowing anything for sure all I can say is yes.

I really don't think they would make it a modular design for only certain features of the game, I think ED can add to or change anything they want to.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Additional theatres are one of the easiest ways for sim companies to recoup their additional development costs, so I really think we'll see them. The initial sim is the toughest, followed by the work and research to add jets. Theatres are the easiest and quickest "bang for your buck".

Yes, the plan is to add new terrain in later iterations of DCS. Where exactly those will be is undetermined and may likely be determined by some of our other projects.

Cool, how about Antarctica ? Surely you remember Gunship 2000 Islands and Ice ;)

Yes, the plan is to add new terrain in later iterations of DCS. Where exactly those will be is undetermined and may likely be determined by some of our other projects.
Well then I'm betting on a sandy map :smilewink:

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

It would be interesting and breathe longevity into the game if there were additional maps. The whole world would be my hope. A low poly model of all regions with simple bitmaps showing locations of major cities. Kind of like how Turkey is done now, its in the game but there is no terrain, cities or airfields. We have to put those static objects there if we want to land or fly over Istanbul for example. It would be nice to at least have the terrain though. Flying over the Alps would be boring if it were flat.

I wouldnd get bored flying over the Western US if it were an option.

Red Dawn map anyone.