Will BS have Dynamic Campaign?

Ramstein

Will BS have Dynamic Campaign? Like Falcon 4? :pilotfly:

Thanx...

sorry if there has already been answered...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

From what we can read right now, it looks like it's Jane's Longbow type dynamic... so as far your missions goes - it's static.

A real Dynamic campaign, like those in Falcon 4.0 and EECH will need the whole missions code to be rewritten... I don't think that's going to happen before BS hit the shelves.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

From what we can read right now, it looks like it's Jane's Longbow type dynamic... so as far your missions goes - it's static.

A real Dynamic campaign, like those in Falcon 4.0 and EECH will need the whole missions code to be rewritten... I don't think that's going to happen before BS hit the shelves.

Agreed.

It doesn't have to be as dynamic as F4 or EECH, the missions just need to be detailed and involved for immersion.

• ED Team

I would best term in a "phased campaign" that allows a campaign arc in a non-linear way with the mission result directly affecting the next mission. Once the system is nailed down and fully functional, I'll be writing up a much more detailed description then. The new mission editor functions (triggers, actions, etc.) will play a big part in making the missions feel much more alive.

Wags, does that mean that each mission must be manually created before the campaign is started (so that you have to define all the possible branches of the campaign), or is it possible that the campaign engine may create a mission on the fly based on the result of the completed mission?

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

• ED Team

Again, the system is still in development and may change, so let's table this discussion until I can talk about the system with more confidence that what I say will hold true. What I said above though as a very general concept should hold intact.

Thanks.

Wags, does that mean that each mission must be manually created before the campaign is started (so that you have to define all the possible branches of the campaign), or is it possible that the campaign engine may create a mission on the fly based on the result of the completed mission?
Most likely the latter, same as with IL2:FB+.

The former implies infinite possibilities ;)

I would best term in a "phased campaign" that allows a campaign arc in a non-linear way with the mission result directly affecting the next mission. Once the system is nailed down and fully functional, I'll be writing up a much more detailed description then. The new mission editor functions (triggers, actions, etc.) will play a big part in making the missions feel much more alive.

Cool - a good mission builder with hooks to "automatically" or "dynamically" build missions is nearly as good as an F4:AF type of campaign. Well scripted missions are difficult to tell apart from a dynamic campaign, and sometimes they're better. Ever been on a sweep where nothing shows up?

Cool - a good mission builder with hooks to "automatically" or "dynamically" build missions is nearly as good as an F4:AF type of campaign. Well scripted missions are difficult to tell apart from a dynamic campaign, and sometimes they're better. Ever been on a sweep where nothing shows up?
Well... that's probably how it is in many real "sweeps" Realistic I'd say, boring, sure, but realistic no less ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Dynamic campaign isn't something I'd like to have in BS, well not in the well known term.

I'd like to be able to choose between possible outcomes and resolutions of campaign, like if I focus on enemy supply lines and corridors I'd surely weaken their FLOT. So that's the type of dynamic I'd like to see better than destroying APC repeatedy each and every day do decrease their number...

There's many ways of hitting the bullseye!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been waiting for something like this for quite awhile...

I personally don't like flying on line for a number of reasons, I'm sure a lot of other virtual pilots feel the same way... There's no need to go into further detail...

This will hold my interest for some time...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR