Using Xbox One controller for living rooms hops

Hi All,

I recently moved my gaming PC from the office down to my living room as I wanted to see what using a large screen (55") would feel like when compared to my 34" curved LG and to also see if I could use the living room setup for a few casual hops; thinking something along the lines of Over G Fighters for those that are old enough to remember that game ;)

Needless to say, it was a pretty awesome experience. However, using a keyboard and mouse to control flight inputs (F-18) really isn't the greatest of experiences (my setup doesn't allow my to also bring down my TM WH HOTAS from the office) so I plugged in an Xbox One controller I had lying around simply to see what would happen.

For the most part, I'm able to map pitch, roll and rudder input as well as a few essential buttons. I can even control the cockpit view using the right analog stick but for the life of me, I cannot seem to control the external view.

I've tried hacking most of the .lau input files but nothing seems to work, for whatever reason the options to bind the controls to anything other than a mouse input is disabled in the Axis Control menu option.

Is there a way I can use the right stick on the Xbox controller to control external panning much like the mouse seems to do?

Thanks!

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale