OT- Funny sh*t

Something not right there...surely the canopy has a emergency release via explosive bolts or some such system, maybe they thought that would cause

more damage...still, I am sceptical of this story untill I see it from another source

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

It was still cheaper then using the explosive bolts or something :)

Though, in case of real emergency where time is crucial how do the firefighters remove the canopy in F-22?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

:megalol:

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

the canopy looks like a mock-up dummy for the fire crews to train on, its not even the same colour as the plane and has hand painted joint lines !

thats the first thing that stood out for me, the caonpy edges look like someones used windows paint to draw them.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

thats the first thing that stood out for me, the caonpy edges look like someones used windows paint to draw them.

Can then somebody tell me why there isn't a dummy pilot sitting in there? They could have taxied the plane, jettisoned the canopy

The mig-29/su-27 don't use rockets for canopy removal, so they need to have some speed for the airstream to clear the canopy, but it makes them safer as well, as no rockets will burn the pilot, or glass shatters in the pilot's face due to some rocket fluke.

So why couldn't they have taxied the plane at 80 km/h, jettison the damn thing and then return to the hangar? Those burnmarks would have been easier to clean than all that oil and plastic, but maybe they had concerns about the paintjob.

Ejecting in such situation is always stupid, as there is a big chance that the locks won't disengage, the front half of the canopy would be all messed up, while the rear part remains in place (same goes for the canopy jettisoning only) due to the rocket motor burn. Or even worse, the front half making a 180* turn, and ending on the pilot with the hot rocket motor in his face.

20G at the very least in that baby (typically 22-24), for about 0.35 seconds, is bad for any spine.

EDIT: For all those thinking the canopy is fake or something: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1005512/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0744467/L/

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

look a bit closer...not mesh in canopy...its the mesh floor of the metal stairway that you see through the canopy

I believe the canopy uses a special coating not an embedded mesh

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

I would be very carefull when reading that site. I have read a report linked on that same page basicaly sayin blunders about the F-22 to put it down supported on rather utterly ignorant theories of aereal combat.

One cockpit failling means nothing to me. Every new aircraft has problems. Including the MFD blackout problem. I dont know what the fuss is all about but as far as I remember every time a new aircraft comes into service its traditionaly mocked to death with criticism right utill it starts racking up serial victories.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The only shot I could see the mesh was the one looking down (which was why I put a question mark by it & seperated it from the statement about the coating ) - which without looking again I'll take your word was the stair mesh, but the first photo ( & other photo's I've seen of the F-22 ) appears to have a goldish tinge to the canopy - which is some part of the non-radar-reflective coating, & not something you need to just practice dragging a body out of a hole.

Cheers.

Even though I would love to write the F-22 off as a demonstration of the power of the military loby over common sense & will probably have a perverse laugh if the plane does turn out to be a dog - I have to agree with Pilotasso - so far there have been a few teething problems & an occasion where a pilot let someone get the drop on them in an excercise. All to be expected at this stage in the planes rollout. ( So an F-18 got a shot in on an F-22 - I was 17 when Mohamed Ali came to my high school on a promotional tour. I was standing on the stairs as he walked up & he put his hands up as if sparring - I put mine up & threw a jab which just touched his body - does this make me a better boxer than Mohamed Ali?)

Cheers.