A hanger full of my purchased aircrafts?

ravenzino

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735513&postcount=178

While a hangar of great aircraft is certainly a wonderful thing, having an engaging, exciting, and dynamic combat environment is equally important.

Reading through the above weekend news back in the end of 2018, especially the words above, an wonderful idea struck me:

How amazing would it be if we could have a giant hanger where we can place our purchased aircrafts in it? In 3D of course, and ideally allows to place weapons and other in-game stuffs as well. It could be implemented either as a separate page/feature, or as a replacement of the current static main menu page, gives it a much more vivid look and a lot of fun even just to fiddle around with it.

A giant exhibition hanger full of my purchased aircrafts, sounds quite rewarding. After all, it is "Fighter Collection", isn't it? :D

Something like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=212180&stc=1&d=1560830263

attachment.php?attachmentid=212181&stc=1&d=1560830263

attachment.php?attachmentid=212182&stc=1&d=1560830263

attachment.php?attachmentid=212183&stc=1&d=1560830284

In future, if possible, it can further evolved to some sort of ingame lobby place probably, where chit-chat or even some serious mission briefing happens.

My dear ED, please consider~

DszOhwoX4AADf96.thumb.jpg.7eee532fb4eb127940c4416c94fa55b5.jpg

hangar-1215243_960_720.jpg.cd7ccf4fa0435a5b697285a0c2dcdb50.jpg

f-18-load-out.jpg.693996a5379ac37351e1d5973287c167.jpg

FA-18c-Hanger.jpg.0fd8047fc67fbdd2fb6d71ca22bd371b.jpg

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Yea would be nice having a virtual hangar of all your owned aircraft

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Interesting idea! Something like this would be real nice in VR

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

That tank sim (which we will not name) does a really nice job with their virtual FOBs and such where your owned vehicles are arrayed around you. Their special event versions (Main Street USA for 4th of July, etc) are also nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

That tank sim (which we will not name) does a really nice job with their virtual FOBs and such where your owned vehicles are arrayed around you. Their special event versions (Main Street USA for 4th of July, etc) are also nice.

I know of is no actual tank "SIM" that has Virtual FOB with owned vehicles. Any that i know do are all arcadey Multiplayer free to play games, some ( or in all honestly just 1) that merely feels more realistic than another due to ballistics and an actual damage model as opposed to health bars that most other so called

tank "sims" have.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I support this great idea! :thumbup:

Would be great to have as VR menu

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I remember reading that the MAC module would receive a new/improved GUI.

But I don't think it includes a new menu showing a nice and detailed aircraft hangar with your purchased modules in it.

This is very vague and I'm not quite sure about this, but the menu once had an animated background in 1.5, where the camera flew through clouds.

It was then removed because it was taking to much performance for a menu background and replaced with images.

Perhaps 2.5 now allows more possibilities to show animated/live rendered scenes in the menu, otherwise we'll have to stick to images.

Take a look at this forum post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152076

If this is ever done, I hope it won't be only a menu-background. I hope we can walk around there, especially in VR!

ok, I also hope we will be able to jump in each plane, get it running and roll out of the hangar for a quick-start-flight.... but I asume that will never happen, will it, ED? ;)

I have to keep wondering what a hanger is... reading this so often written by native English speakers. At least it's easy to point out that a hangar was meant dealwithit.png

I'd appreciate if the aircraft in the VR menu hangar would at least change to the last one flown instead of being a Flanker all the time. Or the one picked as background.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I have to keep wondering what a hanger is.

It is what the put their flight suits on when not in use:smilewink:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have to keep wondering what a hanger is... reading this so often written by native English speakers. At least it's easy to point out that a hangar was meant dealwithit.png

I'd appreciate if the aircraft in the VR menu hangar would at least change to the last one flown instead of being a Flanker all the time. Or the one picked as background.

:poster_oops:

It is what the put their flight suits on when not in use:smilewink:

Aha, I knew I was right :D

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

@ravenzino, great idea - it would be outstanding to have one's aircraft all available for show at the Hangar indeed !

In which the menu name could be respectively: Hangar.

@Eldur, yep the right word is: HANGAR.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I remember reading that the MAC module would receive a new/improved GUI.

But I don't think it includes a new menu showing a nice and detailed aircraft hangar with your purchased modules in it.

This is very vague and I'm not quite sure about this, but the menu once had an animated background in 1.5, where the camera flew through clouds.

It was then removed because it was taking to much performance for a menu background and replaced with images.

Perhaps 2.5 now allows more possibilities to show animated/live rendered scenes in the menu, otherwise we'll have to stick to images.

Take a look at this forum post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152076

Performance concern can be addressed by making it as an option. And it doesn't have to be the main menu if that's of too much trouble. It can be a separate page from a main menu entry. As long as it is nice looking and neat.

If you actually think about it, all the function blocks are more or less already there. We already have a VR hangar and the in-game encyclopedia both of which in essence are simplified renders; we've got ME which is exactly an editor. The rest work is mainly about integrating them together, tailor it down and putting necessary restrictions on it so it can be kept light and nice looking. Or the worst case is to provide a preset scene and fixed location in the hangar for each of the aircrafts so as to maximize the optimization of performance and visual effects, but users won't be able to do any editing, which, as a start, is still quite compelling.

The primary purpose is to allow people to exhibit their collection, to admire or even worship... :D Imagine you have a friend visit and you wanted to quickly show your friend all the nice jets and liveries you've been collecting... I know there could be work-around like using existing ME to put together an "air show" mission, but then you'll have to load the mission and tune the camera and etc etc. A quick and simple "My Hangar" could be much fluent and well optimized for people to enjoy, and show off in the community if someone wishes to... :D

Community mod is another approach, but has its limitations. The visual quality and optimization won't be as good as ED's work. And it would be sort of pity if ED's Fighter Collection needs to be demonstrated via a mod......

Talking about business, what's in it for ED?

1. Players are more happy and proud as DCS will now become a showable "Fighter Collection".

2. One more good reason for players' to purchase/collect more modules, even if they don't fly it often, which means cash for ED.

3. Someone might disagree with this, but personally I don't really mind if ED makes this cosmetic feature as a module or part of a pro-version and charge it for some small bucks. I was always wanted to buy those 1/72 or 1/48 plastic fighter models but worried about the mess of paints, decals and relevant tools. I guess having a exhibition hangar partially fulfill some similar desires, more or less.

Edited by ravenzino

PG, NTTR

they should do it as a free theme for oculus home and steamVR..

instead of the international space station as a background.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.