SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

I have done a search but am coming up empty. Does anyone know why the buttkicker with simshaker and soundmodule would not be working when in multiplayer? It works great until I jump onto someone elses multiplayer server and then nothing. Any suggestions? Hope this was the right place to ask?
If the server, does not allow export for clients, simshaker won't get the necessary triggers. Only chance is, to ask server admin to set it to less restrictive.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi again Andre:

I've received my Buttkicker G2 and have it set up and running using Voicemetter ( not VM Banana) along with my Jetseat KW-908 and SSA. I was reviewing the Sound Module pay ware add-on and was wondering whether its suitable for my setup since I noticed the user manual specifies that the SM software is not intended for use with my Jetseat. Your advice please.

Thanks again,

Mike

Hi mikemadmax20,

I mean that SimShaker Sound Module is not intended to control JetSeat by means of low frequency sounds. Technically that's possible but makes no sense since JetSeat is better to be controlled via USB. If you use combination of SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 and SimShaker Sound Module to feed Buttkicker-wise device along with USB-controlled JetSeat that's just fine.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi again Andre:

I've received my Buttkicker G2 and have it set up and running using Voicemetter ( not VM Banana) along with my Jetseat KW-908 and SSA. I was reviewing the Sound Module pay ware add-on and was wondering whether its suitable for my setup since I noticed the user manual specifies that the SM software is not intended for use with my Jetseat. Your advice please.

Thanks again,

Mike

Hi mikemadmax20 I use Andre's sound module and so I am not familiar with using the Voicemeter. So can you separate the different aircraft functions thru voice meter? That would be the difference. Able to adjust the same functions individually thru sound module even left and right with 2 Buttkickers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andre,

I have been flying for a couple of weeks with the JetSeat, SSA, Buttkicker, and Sound Module... it has been awesome!!

I did notice that when using the latest SSA Beta and flying the CEII, if I send "Engine Rumble\Piston Beat" to the Buttkicker, the Sound Module's log fills up with the following:

Thank you for using SimShaker software!

Visit me at https://andres.shop to find more interesting offers!

Happy flying :)

12:22:35.340 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.8

12:23:55.840 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:23:55.841 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:23:56.389 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:23:56.395 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:24:0.739 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:24:0.740 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:24:2.9 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:24:2.9 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Often, after a little while the Sound Module stops working until I restart it (JetSeat is not affected). If I set the "Engine Rumble\Piston Beat" to zero for the Buttkicker, the log stays clean, and all works perfectly.

I have only seen this happen with the CEII which I understand was just recently implemented (Sound Module log stays clean in the P51\Yak), but thought I would point it out in case it had not been noticed... Hope this helps!!

Hi Andre,

I have been flying for a couple of weeks with the JetSeat, SSA, Buttkicker, and Sound Module... it has been awesome!!

I did notice that when using the latest SSA Beta and flying the CEII, if I send "Engine Rumble\Piston Beat" to the Buttkicker, the Sound Module's log fills up with the following:

12:22:35.340 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.8

12:23:55.840 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:23:55.841 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:23:56.389 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:23:56.395 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:24:0.739 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

12:24:0.740 CSL exception: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Often, after a little while the Sound Module stops working until I restart it (JetSeat is not affected). If I set the "Engine Rumble\Piston Beat" to zero for the Buttkicker, the log stays clean, and all works perfectly.

I have only seen this happen with the CEII which I understand was just recently implemented (Sound Module log stays clean in the P51\Yak), but thought I would point it out in case it had not been noticed... Hope this helps!!

Good write up! Thought it was on my end.. I have had this same thing happen as well.

Guys, I've published SimShaker Sound Module beta version 2.9

Please check it with CEII Engine Rumble effect.

Download link may be found here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/simshaker-sound-module-user-guide.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the quick turnaround! I downloaded\installed the 2.9 Beta without issue, and took the CEII for 2 separate 10 minute flights starting everything from scratch. The "CSL exception:" error did not appear in the Sound Module log, the Sound Module did not require any restarts, and all effects worked perfectly. I'll definitely take a couple more\longer flights, but all seems to be working great!

I did observe the following "red" text appear in the log anytime I started the Sound Module... It does not seem to impact anything, but thought I'd call it out:

19:51:39.239 beta SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.9

19:51:39.360 Could not find file 'D:\Users\Pilot\Desktop\beta SimShaker Sound Module.appref-ms'.

Thank you!!

Hi Bluemask,

Thank you for the update!

19:51:39.360 Could not find file 'D:\Users\Pilot\Desktop\beta SimShaker Sound Module.appref-ms'.

SimShaker Sound Module tried to copy its shortcut from the desktop to SimShaker for Aviators folder, but couldn't find it. If it was deleted, I would recommend to restore the shortcut for a little while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Bluemask,

Thank you for the update!

SimShaker Sound Module tried to copy its shortcut from the desktop to SimShaker for Aviators folder, but couldn't find it. If it was deleted, I would recommend to restore the shortcut for a little while.

Oh I see! I just took a look at the shortcut, and it has a small typo... the one created by the 2.9 Beta install is named “beata SimShaker Sound Module.” I renamed it to “beta SimShaker Sound Module” and the error in the log no longer appears.

Thanks!

Edited by Bluemask

Hey Andre,

since the latest update I keep receiving an error message and the shaker software (with Buttkicker) does not seem to work.

For some reason it doesn't give me the option to choose a sound device?!?

Any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance and regards.

001.jpg.dca4e61b570979d64e1c9e570c38001b.jpg

002.jpg.44b6d598f3ec98636d97198d0e1c2aff.jpg

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Hi EvilBert VR,

what the update do you mean?

Version 2.8 was released long time ago.

Andre,

sorry. I thought about the latest OpenBeta update.

But the error I get is the "Could not set Output Device."

Restart is without success.... Strange because it used to work perfect. Btw: I haven't managed to set up the Gameseat stuff ;-)

Cheers

Edited by EvilBert VR

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

• 2 weeks later...

SimShaker Sound Mode Expansion - F-14

Does the SimShaker Sound Module Expansion support the F-14 yet? I tried on release day and I didn't have any luck, but the A-10C and L-39ZA worked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair Winds and Following Seas

It's currently in the SimShaker for Aviators Beta, IIRC.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That actually depends on SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0, SimShaker Sound Module is just an addon to provide output to bass-shakers.

Gotcha and thanks for the quick response!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair Winds and Following Seas