GBU-38

Mr. Wilson

Translation to make it a bit easier to understand:

The GBU-38 and GBU-12 have different guidance packages, but the part of the weapon that goes boom is the same Mk. 82 500 pounder. It's up to the squadron gunners to add the appropriate parts to transform it into either a GBU-38 or GBU-12.

That about sum it up, Rainmaker?

Yep, the bomb dump dudes are your assembly line. They take the body and add the kits, fuzes, etc.

I think you've misunderstood the whole point of my reply. I wasn't suggesting ANYTHING about the performance or capability or ANYTHING about GBU-12's vs JDAMS.

I was replying to Notso who was criticising GBU-12 performance in a JDAM thread.

I said "GBU-12's aren't JDAMS". You started talking about "accuracy/effects", "classified info" and "Kuwaiti bunkers". None of that is relevant to what I said.

All I was saying is JDAM is a different type bomb guidance kit then a Paveway.

I think you tried to read between the lines and have come up with a whole different conversation.

I hope I cleared that up, have a nice day.

I think you've misunderstood the whole point of my reply. I wasn't suggesting ANYTHING about the performance or capability or ANYTHING about GBU-12's vs JDAMS.

I was replying to Notso who was criticising GBU-12 performance in a JDAM thread.

I said "GBU-12's aren't JDAMS". You started talking about "accuracy/effects", "classified info" and "Kuwaiti bunkers". None of that is relevant to what I said.

I think you tried to read between the lines and have come up with a whole different conversation.

I totally agree. And the only reason I threw GBU-12s into the thread was to counter Harlikens assertion that all weapons in DCS were perfectly accurate. I was simply using the GBU-12 example to say that they are not perfect in game because you can still miss if you don't do the procedures correctly. I was not attempting to talk about effects or 12 vs 38. It was just an example that DCS accuracy is not always 100%. That's all.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

That why my first two questions were to get clarification on what you meant. (I.E. guidance or effects)

Don't launch from the very max point of its range. It makes it inaccurate. Wait like 10 sec after max to gain a quality long shot.

:joystick: oops

Modules I own: F-16CM, F/A-18C Lot 20, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, FC3<bleh