Unable to access home-based server via home PC

Greetings,

I am attempting to run a dedicated DCS World Open Beta Server. Software is installed and, once it boots, it seems to be running fine. I have a mission loaded. It's running the mission. When I go to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/?login=yes#allservers, I can see my server and its IP. All seems well.

The server runs on a laptop in my home. I've opened the incoming and outgoing ports (10308/10310 for game and LotAtc), I've made .EXE exceptions. So, here' the thing:

Using a separate desktop on my home network, but I cannot access the server. Not through the public IP (BTW, 'public' is checked; it'; game returns 'server unavailable') or through the internal/local '192' IP (says 'server offline.').

I CAN however access LotAtc and I can see the mission on both of the IPs mentioned.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Thanks in advance. Fly Tomcats.

Edited by Vorpal

Greetings,

I am attempting to run a dedicated DCS World Open Beta Server. Software is installed and, once it boots, it seems to be running fine. I have a mission loaded. It's running the mission. When I go to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/?login=yes#allservers, I can see my server and its IP. All seems well.

The server runs on a laptop in my home. I've opened the incoming and outgoing ports (10308/10310 for game and LotAtc), I've made .EXE exceptions. So, here' the thing:

Using a separate desktop on my home network, but I cannot access the server. Not through the public IP (BTW, 'public' is checked; it'; game returns 'server unavailable') or through the internal/local '192' IP (says 'server offline.').

I CAN however access LotAtc and I can see the mission on both of the IPs mentioned.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Thanks in advance. Fly Tomcats.

if you are sure the server is running ( by the webgui or AllServer pages ) you should be able to connect to your server using your local IP address.

It's pretty common don't see your own LAN server in the DCS Server list and don't be able to connect using public ip, even if you do the port forwarding on the router, since it's depends on how your router ( it's depends by Brand/model mainly) it's doing internal routings between different networks. But you don't have to worry about it, just use your local ip address and you'll be fine!

Just a tip, if your useing windows firewall, don't make .exe exception since it's pretty useless.

Make a manual port exception instead!

dBfUEK6MrqnTUYpC2m-A2WU0OQRlb9fM2VWBqOL-CDxJKqdEMzOIkat41SlDy0iIJJYXzFoKsXIwOMrCuUkpn8PzRe_d-NGsNTeZghK3GXtYDumCiw4JBgBjTnvy7nge7FY0TPsaoAtedGTzfhqU

Go into Windows firewall, advanced firewall options, inbound rules, new rule...

Then select port and fill all the required data.

1961_image003.png

Give a try with the port exception and let us know how is going.

Outbound rules is pretty useless as well since should be all enabled by default.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 1 month later...

Same problem here, my mission is up on website DCS server list (Not at the GUI)but nobody can see it or join it wether direct nor IP conection. Ports are forwared even I swich off firewall and antivirus, but no luck...

" MrMACH...Flies a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit out of Hong kong..." :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same problem here, my mission is up on website DCS server list (Not at the GUI)but nobody can see it or join it wether direct nor IP conection. Ports are forwared even I swich off firewall and antivirus, but no luck...

Try to use command line telnet form external connection on PORT that you have setup for the

DCS server.

If also telnet can't connect on DCS PORT at least one of the following condition is missing:

1) pubblic ip address

2) port forwarding

3) firewall exception

Regards :thumbup:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 2 weeks later...
Try joining via local IP, rather than the public IP.

This, dont try, this is it. Know the local ip of the server laptop, log into that.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |