What model / batch is the aircraft in?

kaoqumba

No PIRATE it seems (German Eurofighters are not equipped with it).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

They didn't say they are modelling a German Typhoon though, just that the developement lead is German.

edit: I Just saw the screenshots, indeed it's a German one (at least the model shown so far). Well, gotta give -some- advantage to the poor Flanker drivers...

Yes, but which tranche they are simulating? I cant find info...

That's because that hasn't yet been announced. Their community manager will post FAQs later on: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4260719&postcount=62

I am betting on Tranche 1 Block 5 or Tranche 2 Block 10 :)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Hoping for a multirole tranche....AA only is boring. Probabilmente they won’t model meteor missile and the aesa radar but who knows

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I hope we will get tranche 2, with AG capabilities. Because tranche 1 has only AA capabilities.

But great news, anyways - we will get the most modern aicraft for DCS till now. A modern, multirole aircfaft from our EU. Cool! :)

I hope we will get tranche 2, with AG capabilities. Because tranche 1 has only AA capabilities.

But great news, anyways - we will get the most modern aicraft for DCS till now. A modern, multirole aircfaft from our EU. Cool! :)

Yea, it seems the proper A/G capabilities started with Tranche 2. Although Tranche 1 block 5 is said to have introduced some initial A/G functions, unfortunately i think the block 5 is only really able to carry LGB's for buddy lasing. Im not even sure the EF can use unguided GP bombs at that point in time?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yea, the real A/G capabilties started with Tranche 2. Although Tranche 1 block 5 is said to have introduced A/G, i think unfortunately its only really to carry LGB's for buddy lasing. Im not even sure the EF can use unguided GP bombs?

In the GAF at least the Eurofighter is limited to PGMs.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

They didn't say they are modelling a German Typhoon though, just that the developement lead is German.

edit: I Just saw the screenshots, indeed it's a German one (at least the model shown so far). Well, gotta give -some- advantage to the poor Flanker drivers...

so how is the german EF different from the English ones besides having different paint scheme and/or markings? because seeing the WIP EF screenshots with Luftwaffe markings thats the only noticeable difference to me between the RAF one.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

so how is the german EF different from the English one besides having different paint scheme and/or markings?

don't they also uses Tranches with same or very similar capabilities?

All in all pretty similar. Germany uses IRIS-T, Britain uses ASRAAM. Germany doesn’t have the PIRATE IR-pod. Germany uses Taurus cruise missiles, Britain uses Shadow Storm (not that it matters, I don’t expect that we get such a late model) and no Brimstones.

All in all pretty similar. Germany uses IRIS-T, Britain uses ASRAAM. Germany doesn’t have the PIRATE IR-pod. Germany uses Meteor cruise missiles (not that it matters, I don’t expect that we get such a late model) and no Brimstones.

RAF will also get the METEOR, it is the RAF procurement that the Luftwaffe joined afterall.

so how is the german EF different from the English one besides having different paint scheme and/or markings?

don't they also uses Tranches with same or very similar capabilities?

Main difference is weapons. UK uses the AIM-132 ASRAAM as Fox 2, while Germany uses the IRIS-T. There are a lot of differences in regards to A-G armament, where Germany is lacking behind quite a bit.

One major difference is that the German Eurofighters don't have PIRATE, which is the very capable IRST system of the Eurofighter.

Tornado3 small.jpg

All in all pretty similar. Germany uses IRIS-T, Britain uses ASRAAM. Germany doesn’t have the PIRATE IR-pod. Germany uses Taurus cruise missiles, Britain uses Shadow Storm (not that it matters, I don’t expect that we get such a late model) and no Brimstones.

Meteor has not been fielded yet in the GAF. It will be introduced into active service later this year.

Tornado3 small.jpg

yes bigger differences with newer block. People seem to be drawing comparison of recent features.

But purely from screenshots alone we can't tell all that, and although not yet announced i'm not holding my breath for such a late enough tranche for many of those more advanced A2A weapons or an IRST pod. So likely the only real difference will be the skin, and therefore interchangeable with what EF user you want to play purely on changing the skin.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Ok scratch out my assumptions

with FAq out this is what we can expect.

seems will be in fact luftwaffe EF with plans to expand and include versions of other nationaliteis eventually.

although the FAQ states they wish to achieve the most current EF that they possibly can they don't outright state with tranche and block, but at least optimistically that means we certainly aren't getting the earliest , and this implies at it will at least be within tranche 2.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4260824&postcount=1

I just really hope that doing more modern tranches doesnt mean leaving certain systems blank or with half ****ed functionality. (IE A10C * cough cough *missing lots of SADL functionality, and being a franken hybrid of suite 3 and suite 5) I personally would rather get fully working earlier model, than a latest and greatest model but have dev's either told off by GOV't contract cutoff certain features due to consumer product , or be forced too much guesstimating where systems are classified. Given their confidence in being able to go with more recent iteration however i wish to remain optimistic.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I just really hope that doing more modern tranches doesnt mean leaving certain systems blank or with half ****ed functionality. (IE A10C * cough cough *missing lots of SADL functionality, and being a franken hybrid of suite 3 and suite 5) I personally would rather get fully working earlier model, than a latest and greatest model but have dev's either told off by GOV't contract cutoff certain features due to consumer product , or be forced too much guesstimating where systems are classified. Given their confidence in being able to go with more recent iteration however i wish to remain optimistic.

This a thousand times. I would be more than just impressed with a pretty complete Tranche 1 Block 5 (I.e. full A2A functionality). The EF was developed as a pure air superiority fighter (all the multirole requirements came later), so having those things accurate is far more important for me then the A2G stuff the later blocks get.

;4260931']i dont think so the JF-17 will still be the most advanced fighter

The JF17 wasn't the most advanced jet. The only feature thats more advanced about the JF17 relative to F16/F18 is just larger cockpit displays and IR Missle warning system.

otherwise the JF17 was behind in radar range ( max range at 80 NM relative to 160 Nm) and does not have JHMCS + AIm9X equivalents. IT also has smokey engine ( IRRC copy of mig29 engine) , and not as good T/W ratio as you'd expect for such a lightweight fighter.

the EF ( especially if its tranche 2) will in fact be all around the most advanced and arguably best A2A platform in DCS.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

the EF ( especially if its tranche 2) will in fact be all around the best A2A platform in DCS.

even a Tranche 1 block 5 will blow everything we have right now completely out of the water when it comes to A2A. Reading the wiki page is scary. RWR that can measure the distance to the enemy & launch AMRAAMS without a radar lock, IRIS-T 360 degree capability guided by the RWR, a very good radar coupled with insane T/W ratio, maneuverability, supercruise and the DASS protection system..

Dash@TrueGrit said:

As you might already have guessed from the published pictures and our company’s German background, we will create a German version of the Eurofighter Typhoon to start out. This version will only make the introduction to DCS as we will continue to bring more and more nationalities and capabilities to you over time.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4260824&postcount=1

edit: I see, Kev2go mentioned this before