Center HUD

okmerflow

He guys,

Is it possible to center the HUD like in the F16 for example?

Especially in strong crosswind the HUD goes to the left or right (depending on wind direction of course), so I was wondering if you could center it. Couldn't find this in the manual.

Thanks in advance!

Selecting HARS mode from the NMSP should result in a non-wind corrected pitch ladder.

HARS is a 'degraded' mode of operation though, so you'll lose more than just the wind corrected pitch ladder. EAC/PAC/LAAP will be inop, HUD weapon delivery symbology will be degraded, etc...

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Selecting HARS mode from the NMSP should result in a non-wind corrected pitch ladder.

HARS is a 'degraded' mode of operation though, so you'll lose more than just the wind corrected pitch ladder. EAC/PAC/LAAP will be inop, HUD weapon delivery symbology will be degraded, etc...

Thx BlueRidgeDx, was not really what I was looking for but I thinks it's just not possible in the A10.

He just did!

In the F-16 it's the drift cut-out switch and it's just not there in the A-10. We could write angry letter to Fairchild Republic or muse on why it was a feature of one aircraft or not the other to pass the time.

Apparently HARS doesn't align the pitch ladder with the TVV lateral position (when DX says it, it's gunna be true) so that behaves that way but it's hardly a serious option. That'd be like giving up the Lamborghini for the Model T because you like the cup holders better.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to reopen this, I find that the pipper and pibl sometimes move off to one side of the hud making bomb delivery so much more difficult.

The answer above references HARS, but I thought that was a backup navigation system and I'm pretty sure I didn't have it engaged.

The mission I'm noticing this in actually states in the briefing that there is 0 wind in on map. Is this just a case of wind (contrary to the briefing), and I have to deal with it or am I doing something wrong ?

Either you have yaw input coming from who-knows-what-or-where, or you have wind. Those are your only two options ... well, aside a misaligned INS, but I've never seen such a grossly mis-aligned INS issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The mission I'm noticing this in actually states in the briefing that there is 0 wind in on map. Is this just a case of wind (contrary to the briefing), and I have to deal with it or am I doing something wrong ?

it's easy to check whether you have wind (i.e, the mission brief was wrong). Several CDU pages, such as the STRINFO page, will display the actual wind calculated by the EGI system.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

Thanks for the tip Zenra.

Combination of poor briefing and pilot error I guess.

This is the Smerch Hunt mission, the briefing says no wind at any altitude. But the CDU was reporting winds at 20+ kts as I approached the first waypoint. I would have thought the briefing would have been correct, but is this just a case of dynamic wind/weather patterns ?