Magnitude MiG-23?

Beamscanner

In which case M3 would have suspended the WWII F4U to work on the P-38 instead. Possible scenario if they wanted to do something appropriate for the Normandy map. The Corsair would have been another orphan module.

Maybe not, but they've confirmed they have a module that is nearing the end of its work. You make it sound like they've been doing nothing.

Something is coming.

Where did you hear that. I've seen nothing on these forums about M3 making another aircraft right now. I also hear mumblings about a P-38 Lighting in this thread. Is there something going on that I don't know about.

Where did you hear that. I've seen nothing on these forums about M3 making another aircraft right now. I also hear mumblings about a P-38 Lighting in this thread. Is there something going on that I don't know about.

Here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3219445&postcount=9

Lately we're hard working on the next 'bird' getting ready for ED testing.

thanks for posting that. :smilewink: I've been looking everywhere for that thread and that post specifically but couldn't remember where it was. :P

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I sincerely hope they are not working on a WW2 bird. I hope they stick to some 70s/80s era aircraft.

That's not fair to say. There are others that would love to see some new WW2 planes rather than 3'rd generation fighter.

Anyway, something that came to my mind is that obviously MiG-23 has a variable geometry wings. What isn't so obvious is how much it actually complicates the flight model development. My bet would be that probably a lot since it's like changing approach form one static model to a dynamic one.

On top of that, as there are no variable geometry planes at this point the question is if DCS is able to support it.

Putting aside all speculations, it would be great to hear anything from M3 as how they're doing. Hope they're fine :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

That's not fair to say. There are others that would love to see some new WW2 planes rather than 3'rd generation fighter.

Anyway, something that came to my mind is that obviously MiG-23 has a variable geometry wings. What isn't so obvious is how much it actually complicates the flight model development. My bet would be that probably a lot since it's like changing approach form one static model to a dynamic one.

On top of that, as there are no variable geometry planes at this point the question is if DCS is able to support it.

Putting aside all speculations, it would be great to hear anything from M3 as how they're doing. Hope they're fine :thumbup:

Hope the Tomcat is not flying only with static deployed Wings in DCS around smile.gif, but we should take what we get when you don't like it go to the next we should properly happy M3 is still here and develop something...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

At this point, I also prefer more modules to be in 70s/80s period, perhaps some 60s too but mainly 70-80s. However, I wouldn't be against anyone doing WW2 aircraft either. There are some I may still consider getting among those, and regardless I'd get them or not, there will be many who eagerly and happily will.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

:doh: totally forgot the F-14...

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

At this point, I also prefer more modules to be in 70s/80s period, perhaps some 60s too but mainly 70-80s. However, I wouldn't be against anyone doing WW2 aircraft either. There are some I may still consider getting among those, and regardless I'd get them or not, there will be many who eagerly and happily will.

+1

I prefer 50's - 90's over 30's - 40's but M3 and others shouldn't be discouraged from making WW2 planes... A thought, though, would be to even out how many developers work on WW2 planes with how many developers work on others at any given time. That way no single demographic is left out while every developer works on one type of plane. :smilewink:

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I would of course buy an M3 P-38 or Corsair. These guys have proven that they know what they're doing with the MiG-21 despite some remaining niggles.

A MiG-23 is becoming ever more necessary for DCS though. As a foil to the F-5E and future F-4 modules the MG-21 doesn't really cut it in that environment.

Just to say that if it were possible for M3 to begin work on a MiG-23 it would have a very positive effect on the multiplayer scene as it stands, more so, I would argue than a P-38 or Corsair.

I would of course buy an M3 P-38 or Corsair. These guys have proven that they know what they're doing with the MiG-21 despite some remaining niggles.

A MiG-23 is becoming ever more necessary for DCS though. As a foil to the F-5E and future F-4 modules the MG-21 doesn't really cut it in that environment.

Just to say that if it were possible for M3 to begin work on a MiG-23 it would have a very positive effect on the multiplayer scene as it stands, more so, I would argue than a P-38 or Corsair.

Make it Mig-23 and Mig-27 and we are talking....

A dedicated fighter like Mig-23MLA/MLD and dedicated ground striker Mig-27K.

At that point we would have a Su-27S and Su-33 as long range air superiority fighters and carrier operations, that both can do some ground pounding if needed but mainly supported with Su-25 for that.

But Mig-23/27 would become a fancy 3rd gen fighter/strike mission at older designs.

That pair would complete the Soviet side mainly well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

[Rant mode on]

A seven page speculation thread about an aircraft Leatherneck have said they weren't making (5 months ago; a blink of a eye in "DCS-time"). I guess that's the ED forums in a nutshell...

[Rant mode off]

What if it was a ruse.

Razbam couldn't discuss cancellation of MiG-23 due to NDA.

The NDA either means

1: someone else is making it

or

2: russia wont let us make any planes so don't tell anyone or the community will be mad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What if it was a ruse.

Razbam couldn't discuss cancellation of MiG-23 due to NDA.

The NDA either means

1: someone else is making it

or

2: russia wont let us make any planes so don't tell anyone or the community will be mad.

But it would be stupid to think that the people who have outright denied developing it (after the whole RAZBAM MiG-23 thing), are developing it. I could see the case for absolutely anyone else, just not for RAZBAM or LN...

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Spent 30 seconds bumping a wishlist thread to keep that interest flying high.

My dog spends a lot of time looking at a closed door. She can't open it herself. However in the end I get up and let her out. Did she try so hard imagining, that in her mind she made the door open?

I don't care who is making or not making a Mig-23, but if the thread title stays on the top of the forum recently posted view, then maybe, if we stare at the door a little longer, someone will get up and open it :)

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

But it would be stupid to think that the people who have outright denied developing it (after the whole RAZBAM MiG-23 thing), are developing it. I could see the case for absolutely anyone else, just not for RAZBAM or LN...

I recall the post saying that RAZBAM had stopped the project but couldnt share details due to NDA. For the same reason, if I recall correctly they didn't answer the qustion if the project was dropped or passed to another team.

By saying LN you mean M3 or Heatblur?

My dog spends a lot of time looking at a closed door. She can't open it herself. However in the end I get up and let her out. Did she try so hard imagining, that in her mind she made the door open?

I don't care who is making or not making a Mig-23, but if the thread title stays on the top of the forum recently posted view, then maybe, if we stare at the door a little longer, someone will get up and open it :)

Great analogy. I'm quite sure that ED is aware about interest in MiG-23 as overall "starvation" for eastern aircrafts which I could bet would get the module on top of the sales list - I would say that probably just after F-18.

Seems to work pretty well after we get a Phantom now...smilewink.gif

Then at all it is little bit disappointment we get so many F-XX DCS Level Aircraft with nothing on Russian Site, but where the Cash goes I know..

NDA with Russia as MIG-29 or Su-27 should not count on the MIG-23 because so many ex Warsaw Pact Forces get the MIG-23 up to the last MLD, should be not more difficult then with the MIG-21.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Seems to work pretty well after we get a Phantom now...smilewink.gif

Then at all it is little bit disappointment we get so many F-XX DCS Level Aircraft with nothing on Russian Site, but where the Cash goes I know..

NDA with Russia as MIG-29 or Su-27 should not count on the MIG-23 because so many ex Warsaw Pact Forces get the MIG-23 up to the last MLD, should be not more difficult then with the MIG-21.

On the other hand the Mig-29 export model is in use by most of these countries and a huge number of other countries world wide, too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mikoyan_MiG-29_operators

Still i would love to get a DCS-level Mig-29 and -23 doesn't matter, who it is developed by :thumbup:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I can be completely wrong on this one, but aren't below links a hint?

https://michaelcarterii.artstation.com/

https://michaelcarterii.artstation.com/projects/6DwNW

Especially the 2nd one with "TBA" (to-be-assigned?) has renders from May this year. On one of the pages at the bottom there is "Next project.", it is marked as created with 3DSMax (only software that is able to export to ED's/DCS EDM format). On the tire itself there is "Flight" word, there is also separate page for A6M5 Zero but from 2016 (the TBA can't be Japanese due to the "flight" word on the tire though).

Can anyone help identify it ? :music_whistling: Maybe those are still Corsair parts (yes I'm aware of https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3103568&postcount=35) ?

Edited by TwojaStara

I can be completely wrong on this one, but aren't below links a hint?

https://michaelcarterii.artstation.com/

https://michaelcarterii.artstation.com/projects/6DwNW

The assembly is not fine enough to be installed on WW2 fighters.

It looks more like a light personal aircraft's non retractable tailwheel.

new-tailwheel-1-1200.jpg

M3, please, don't do DCS RV-8 :cry:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

The assembly is not fine enough to be installed on WW2 fighters.

It looks more like a light personal aircraft's non retractable tailwheel.

new-tailwheel-1-1200.jpg

M3, please, don't do DCS RV-8 :cry:

Hm... on the tire there seems to be some model no# 3(or 5?)0656-6

Check those two links for D30656-6

https://www.texasairsalvage.co/main_view.php?editid1=189278

https://www.flyingfishaircraftparts.com/products/mccauley-wheel-assembly-6-00-6-type-iii-d-30656-d-30661-17254