Magnitude MiG-23?

Beamscanner

Those are the product numbers for the Goodyear Flight Special tyres

https://www.goodyearaviation.com/tires/tire-line-details.html?search=all&sortorder=35

Check the 606C61-6

Now we just need to ID that tail gear..

The only taildraggers on Goodyear's list for 606C61-6 are as follows:

American Champion Citabria

American Champion Decathlon

American Champion Super Decathlon

Aviat Husky

Bellanca Cruisair

Cessna 180 Skywagon

Cessna 185 Skywagon

Globe Swift

DHC-3 Otter

Looks like the tail gear is based on the Aviation Products 6131 tailwheel. This is not a stock part. Here is a photo of it on an Aviat Christen Eagle. Look familiar?

pIsoPal.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only taildraggers on Goodyear's list for 606C61-6 are as follows:

American Champion Citabria

American Champion Decathlon

American Champion Super Decathlon

Aviat Husky

Bellanca Cruisair

Cessna 180 Skywagon

Cessna 185 Skywagon

Globe Swift

DHC-3 Otter

Looks like the tail gear is based on the Aviation Products 6131 tailwheel. This is not a stock part. Here is a photo of it on an Aviat Christen Eagle. Look familiar?

pIsoPal.jpg

Will be interesting to see if the Skywagon can operate mavericks

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I recall the post saying that RAZBAM had stopped the project but couldnt share details due to NDA. For the same reason, if I recall correctly they didn't answer the qustion if the project was dropped or passed to another team.

By saying LN you mean M3 or Heatblur?

M3 retains the original LN rights and name.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

• 3 weeks later...
It is a reasonable deduction, although IIRC Wags didn't say that any other dev is working on it, but rather it was granted/allocated to another party. Might as well be in the far plans of ED themselves.

On the other hand, seeing the state of the MiG-21 after all these years of "development", I'm not sure if I want a MiG-23 from the same company.

Can someone quickly explain to me why the Mig-21 module went from amazing to beast?

I remember that it was appraised as being one of the greatest modules and now I just read people talking bad thing regarding it... what happened on the mean while?

Sorry, I've been out o DCS for RL reasons.

Thank you.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

No idea.

Maybe it's because it's been scrutinised for so long. You tend to see with many modules, the intial reception is amazing, then it tends to focus in on a few niggles that hang about, people get concerned over it being maintained and start piping up.

Can someone quickly explain to me why the Mig-21 module went from amazing to beast?

I remember that it was appraised as being one of the greatest modules and now I just read people talking bad thing regarding it... what happened on the mean while?

Thank you.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thank you.

Nothing particullary wrong with MiG-21. It's a great module. Take what you read on forums with a grain of salt. There are many people that enjoy flying MiG-21 or other modules while being aware and accepting some problems, inacuracies and schedule to get them fixed. There are also those that complain that they're puting whichever "module to the hangar" on a first occurence of running into a bug or even just by reading that something is not exactly as it used to be. Unfortunatelly, as the time passes from the release those that enjoy the module don't rush to write about it on the forums while the detractors for sure do.

To be fair however, while I don't see anything specificly more wrong with the MiG-21 comparing to other modules, LN could have had done a better job with communication.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

i think it's mostly minor things, here's a short list:

(btw: the mig-21 is one of my favorite modules and i think that pretty much every module has bugs or is modelling something wrong)

(btw²: this list is in no particular order)

1. sometimes whilst dispensing chaff/flare there's no sound off the chaff/flare being dispensed, leading you to believe you're not dispensing chaff/flare

2. currently, when you're being locked up by a radar, all of the 4 rwr lights light up, that should only happen, when all of the rwr antennas are being saturated by the lock (see discussion )

3. not sure if the radar distance scale is allways displaying what it should be (see forum thread created by me. might just be me ^^)

4. didn't report that one yet: (sometimes?) when locking up other mig-21s with your radar, their rwr is not showing that they are being locked up, even though it should.

5. flightmodel being "wrong" <- there's ALWAYS someone saying that. although, i think i should mention, that it should not be possible, to fly the mig-21 with only one wing and successfully land it. but then again, maybe i'm just that awesome :joystick::D

6. landing lights are glitchy

7. the radar had a bunch of bugs, which seem to have been addressed in the latest update. There's unfortunately no official change-log though :(.

8. Most of the buttons/dials turn the other way when clicking them, compared to all other aircrafts in DCS (see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175644)

9. I also think, that all the A2A missiles have the same effective range at low altitude. But i have to test that more. Emphasis on this one is "I" and "think".

That's all i can think of right now.

(btw: the mig-21 is one of my favorite modules and i think that pretty much every module has bugs or is modelling something wrong)

1. sometimes whilst dispensing chaff/flare there's no sound off the chaff/flare being dispensed, leading you to believe you're not dispensing chaff/flare

2. currently, when you're being locked up by a radar, all of the 4 rwr lights light up, that should only happen, when all of the rwr antennas are being saturated by the lock (see discussion )

3. not sure if the radar distance scale is allways displaying what it should be (see forum thread created by me. might just be me ^^)

4. didn't report that one yet: (sometimes?) when locking up other mig-21s with your radar, their rwr is not showing that they are being locked up, even though it should.

5. flightmodel being "wrong" <- there's ALWAYS someone saying that. although, i think i should mention, that it should not be possible, to fly the mig-21 with only one wing and successfully land it. but then again, maybe i'm just that awesome :joystick::D

7. the radar had a bunch of bugs, which seem to have been addressed in the latest update. There's unfortunately no official change-log though :(.

8. Most of the buttons/dials turn the other way when clicking them, compared to all other aircrafts in DCS (see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175644)

9. I also think, that all the A2A missiles have the same effective range at low altitude. But i have to test that more. Emphasis on this one is "I" and "think".

Minor i think yeah, thanks for the post

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thank you.

Well, not much have happened, literally. Many of the issues were always there, some crept in with later updates. After initial wow factor waned, people started to report more and more problems and discrepancies between simulated aircraft and the real one. But then Leatherneck stopped updating the module, then they split and created Magnitude 3, then they started fixing some stuff, but now they went silent again and another several months passed without any MiG update.

Being "one of the greatest modules in DCS" does not say much when there are just a few modules in the game and MiG-21 is the only one in its class...

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Also the gunsight has a few outstanding issues: The gyro ranging vs aircraft doesn't work (diamonds around pipper do not move properly when the range setting is changed, leading to incorrect ranging of the target), the gyro may be wrong (I can't score hits on a B-52, even with radar ranging) and the CCIP bombing mode isn't realistic (the real plane had no such function- instead you would need to adjust the depression angle manually like on the F-5E). They recently fixed one issue with the gunsight, which was that the fixed net was the wrong size.

There are some minor graphical issues with damage- I've had both ailerons shot off without losing roll control- but I suspect that the real reason for this is that the ailerons weren't truly destroyed. It's just that the damage graphics don't always line up with the actual damage model of the plane.

Not only is dcs a niche market, so are the 3rd party developers. It seems that most of the 3rd party's are only 2-3 man operations and it is only part time. Bug squashing comes last.

Interesting enough..I have in my hand a model of the Mig23 FLIPPER....

Not only is dcs a niche market, so are the 3rd party developers. It seems that most of the 3rd party's are only 2-3 man operations and it is only part time. Bug squashing comes last.

Interesting enough..I have in my hand a model of the Mig23 FLIPPER....

you think a mig 23 will be possible

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk