Fly by yourself

Tormoz

melodrama everywhere you look these days.

And if you look around the forum, nobody is really making big updates right now. I think they are just waiting for things to calm down (2.5?). I'd say the majority of modules, including ED modules, are experiencing at the very least cosmetic issues with the new deferred shading. Just not a good time to be expecting major updates. The latest change log had more manual language fixes than FM adjustments.

I almost exclusively use the radar for IFF, R3R's are just too unreliable against targets that actually know they are under attack. That is almost everything because i am not aware of any modern aircraft that doesn't have a RWR.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

I do understand the russian side and I must agree with them. I have the Mig 21 already but I will also buy a Mig 21-F13 if that's what it takes to improve the final product. I am grateful for developer's work on the most iconic plane ever, I really am, I don't rage about "the poor state of the product", and I am really sorry because they have some hard time right now, but in the end of the day it is important that we have good products that will be supported. My advise for the team is to focus on the new Engine and I really hope they will make it work.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

@Rage: The main issues the users have with the module is that, 3 years after launch, most systems in the cockpit are either not working or an unrealistic approximation of the real thing.

People expected these issues to be ironed out as time went by, but the team just went "yeah, we're stopping development and call it finished".

Development seemed to be picked up again after Dackard left the company, but this hasn't been put through.

Considering the price of the software, and it was advertised as a simulation, this ticked a lot of people off.

@Rage: The main issues the users have with the module is that, 3 years after launch, most systems in the cockpit are either not working or an unrealistic approximation of the real thing.

People expected these issues to be ironed out as time went by, but the team just went "yeah, we're stopping development and call it finished".

Development seemed to be picked up again after Dackard left the company, but this hasn't been put through.

Considering the price of the software, and it was advertised as a simulation, this ticked a lot of people off.

Hey,

this is a genuine question: i do not get what you mean, i am realtivly new to the MiG-21bis, i can not find a thing wrong with it. Could you elaborate which systems are broken and how they are broken?

Autopilot, ARC, RSBN, PRMG, the sight and the radar. Not fully broken but not fully working either.

Autopilot: Takeoff with two missiles, shoot one, engage stabilize mode, maneuver to pitch +5 and bank right 10 and then let go of joystick. Airplane should keep this attitude by autopilot. In DCS you die on fire in a hole.

ARC: No concept of inner beacon for 2NDB approach. 8x more channel presets than real.

RSBN: Weak concept of out-of-signal navigation by internal position keeping. Unable to manually input to internal keeping. Unable to use internal keeping with ARC.

PRMG: Landing signal is about 3% of real in width, steeper than usual, and distance signal is not to threshold. Approach autopilot commands climb instead of level if started below GP.

Sight: Example set manual sight to 70m diameter target 800m away. Pipper should be 87.5mil wide, instead is 34mil which would be true at 2060m. Error of 1260m!

Radar: Works better upside down than right side up.

+Many small errors without big change to how airplane is used.

• Like 1

Hi,

thanks Frederf for this summary. I was finally getting time to "invest" into flying this beautiful Mig, trying to use avionics correctly, and yesterday evening I started to find bugs in ARC behavior.

After reading all of these bugs, I think I will return to Ka50 or A10C.

Too bad Leatherneck or Magnitude didn't correct this.

Do you have advices about which modules (except the two above) are "finished" and worth to get into ?

Thanks.:)

To continue on Frederf: Also, the flight clock is still missing and all signal reception on the aircraft work binary (appear/disappear) instead of analog (getting stronger/weaker). Belsimtek's Korean fighters don't have this issue, so it can be done.

For accuracy, I can vouch for the MiG-15 for being as accurate as can be done, within DCS limitations. Perhaps a bit too simple of an aircraft to buy for full-price, but everything is beautifully simulated. :thumbup:

Every module has some mistake. But there are a few that do not interrupt normal use and enjoyment. UH-1, Bf-109, L-39, TF-51 when I fly I don't worry about anything not correct. Mirage, -21, Hawk still have WIP feeling.