Fly by yourself

Tormoz

You wount get a reply here pal. Few guys will come and say they fly mig with no issues. And this ain't true, the product is unfinished and developers has washed their hands. No any single cent from my pocket to exLN developers. Period.

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

• Like 2

You wount get a reply here pal. Few guys will come and say they fly mig with no issues. And this ain't true, the product is unfinished and developers has washed their hands. No any single cent from my pocket to exLN developers. Period.

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

That's just not true: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3189328&postcount=9

There are some updates made to MiG every now and then. And more are scheduled.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

There are some updates made to MiG every now and then. And more are scheduled.

The problem with this particular part is, we could say exactly the same a year ago, or two... And since we still don't have crucially important systems like gunsight, radar, countermeasures or navigation equipment fully "sorted" (or even fully functional), while flight model still goes through serious revisions, I can understand why Russian part of the community would rather see RU-aircraft developed by BST, 'cause they do get to at least locked-FM and feature-complete phase of their modules noticeably faster (bugfixing is another matter, though).

And with rather small MiG-21 development studio becoming much smaller now, I'm also worried if they'll have sufficient manpower and resources to finish the module properly. I know they want and have plans to do so, but will they be actually able to do so, remains to be seen.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1. The MiG-21bis module is the very first third-party module. Skills have been sharpened since then by everyone else.
  2. DCS is in a chaotic transition to 2.5 version. It is a mess for everyone including ED's own content (missing textures, broken shaders, …). Some even refuse to waste time for modules correction until the 2.5 version becomes stable.
  3. M3 is still trying to stabilize its situation.
  4. Using their bugtracker seems to be the most effective method to quicken the resolution of bugs. I'm not sure about the missing/inaccurate features for years though.

Have a happy summer time ;)

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

What the heck is this!? How can you be that ungrateful! If you're going to be like that then go play something else, you're ignorant enough to not deserve to have official third parties that put incredible amounts of time and effort into modules to make DCS a more enjoyable experience. As Bogey Jammer said this is the very first module developed by LNS/M3 so there are obviously going to be issues and movement might be somewhat slow. Take Aviodev and VEAO, still on their first modules.

ED and third parties don't have a limitless amount of resources. You're currently playing the worlds most accurate, true to life combat simulator that has absolutely tonnes of potential and you act like this!? Have a bit of respect!

If we had limitless resources then maybe we would have more MiG-21 variants, y'know I'd like some as well, I can thing of absolutely tonnes of things that I want or would like.

M3 haven't given up on the MiG-21, learn to use the forum's search functions they have responded, and they've since posted updates so what's the problem? Not moving fast enough? Nothing in DCS moves quickly it takes time, thats because DCS is quality over quantity, though you might not respect that. My advice to you is play SF2 or FSX, you get your quantity there...

Next time you're going to be ignorant, do it away from here - it isn't welcome.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

wow, english humor, like it :thumbup:

Whilst there is the possibility that Bogey Jammer is English wouldn't it be French Humour?

iqxZobz.png

:doh:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The problem with this particular part is, we could say exactly the same a year ago, or two... And since we still don't have crucially important systems like gunsight, radar, countermeasures or navigation equipment fully "sorted" (or even fully functional), while flight model still goes through serious revisions, I can understand why Russian part of the community would rather see RU-aircraft developed by BST, 'cause they do get to at least locked-FM and feature-complete phase of their modules noticeably faster (bugfixing is another matter, though).

And with rather small MiG-21 development studio becoming much smaller now, I'm also worried if they'll have sufficient manpower and resources to finish the module properly. I know they want and have plans to do so, but will they be actually able to do so, remains to be seen.

I starting love Poland) I would spend a year trying to write this in English.

Sometimes i am reading English forum, looks like everyone love MiG-21 because its have nice looking cockpit!?? just omg...

Sometimes i am reading English forum, looks like everyone love MiG-21 because its have nice looking cockpit!?? just omg...

I like the MiG-21 because:

• It's fairly icon
  • Fun to fly
  • Good selection of weapons
  • Decent systems and flight model implementation
  • Can be quite a nice challenge to use
  • Good graphics

Granted I haven't flown it in a while so I can't see to the apparently colossal amount of broken stuff so that it's totally unflyable and a waste of money...

Sometimes I look at some people and think: this person is never happy with anything even under unfavourable conditions

System:

I like the MiG-21bis. Sure, it has some issues... But as the only Eastern fighter I fly it has quickly become my main module for team RED. I love the technology of that time, mid Cold War, and enjoy aircraft from that period (Viggen, MiG-21bis, don't have the F-5 yet). It also provides an interesting challenge against modern things in multiplayer. So it has things to fix, but even in it's current state, it's an awesome module!

With more accurate radar performance, hopefully, coming as the new ED radar tech is released. And the devs working on it, the future does look bright.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Love the 21! Not perfect, but have a good time any time I take it out of the hangar. This is a PC game. Can't understand how people expect the features you would find in a multi million dollar simulator.

This is a PC game. Can't understand how people expect the features you would find in a multi million dollar simulator.

"multi million dollar simulator" - 99% close to the original (??$) :thumbup:

"DCS module 1" - 85% (50$) :thumbup:

"DCS module 2" - 83% (50$) :thumbup:

"DCS module 3" - 20% (50$) :music_whistling:

Can't understand how people expect the features you would find in a multi million dollar simulator.

Most of the requested features have nothing to do with multi million $ simulator.

"multi million dollar simulator" - 99% close to the original (??$) :thumbup:

"DCS module 1" - 85% (50$) :thumbup:

"DCS module 2" - 83% (50$) :thumbup:

"DCS module 3" - 20% (50$) :music_whistling:

Russian humor…

Can't this topic just die ? Its unjustified hate towards the facts has a tendency to attract shame to the community.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Topic, while delivered a bit hostile may be, is well justified.

As much as I like the MiG, and want to see the Magnitude 3 / Leatherneck succeed, lets not twist the things: the module is almost 3 years old, considered out of beta once (but now again is labeled beta), and still has considerable issues regarding its completion and realism.

Yes, Dolphin said many times that the work is going on, and fixes will come, and hopefuly it will. However, the issues remain, and at this point no one is sure whether the flight model is finalized or not. Therefore, I do think there is some merit in reminding the community and the devs about the continued existance of these issues.

Unlike some people here try to convey, things aren't even nearly all rosy and cool. While I do love the MiG, I can't objectively say that most of the module's features are in a convincing state.

Yes, this is the first 3rd party module ever, the first supersonic non-sfm aircraft too. Yes, core sim is anything but stable last few years. We understand... but these doesn't make the module's issues disappear magically.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I 100% agree with you. But there are already tons of reminders scattered in this forum. It's just the way it is presented in this very topic that annoys me.

I'll buy :

I love MiG-21 because of lovely cockpit :thumbup:, and because those triangles were flying over my head all my childhood ( I grow up in close distance from one of military airfields in Poland ). During holidays I was lying on the grass beside my parents house with my friends and we were watched them all day long. For me MiG-21 is synonym of jet aircraft, Tumansky engine sound is best music for my ears. MiG-21 is irremovable part of my memories from childhood. High level flights, low level flights, turning fights, my father was always angry on them, I think he don't like noise.....:huh: .

I hope some day ( maybe with 2.5 ) we will get proper Bis. I'm not sure that is possible reception module from one developer and transfer to another. I think we still should have trust to M3 and gave them a bit time. Anyway in my opinion ED should launch some quality control program relative to Third Party developers. This is good for both sides: customers have a signal that ED keeps eye on quality, developers have motivation to improve their products.

I 100% agree with you. But there are already tons of reminders scattered in this forum. It's just the way it is presented in this very topic that annoys me.

Agreed, I don't mind people saying that something has issues or anything like that, what I didn't like is the OP's tone almost trying to denounce LNS/M3 and label the MiG-21 as being and I quote "SH?T" which it isn't, I find it enjoyable even with it's hopefully temporary shortcomings I can still get good use out of it and I can still enjoy myself using it.

Ultimately no module is perfect, sure there are long-term issues yet to be resolved but again, DCS doesn't have limitless resources and as it stands it as well as modules are doing a pretty good job.

I can write whole dissertations on what I think is needed for DCS, what I'd like to see, but I realise I don't constitute or account for the entire DCS community, so naturally we have to have priorities and things take ages to get sorted.

I personally believe that after 2.5 happens, we might see a speed up, even if it's not a huge one.

System:

they're likely all very uncomfortable about all the liberties taken with the radar, the weapons, and the gunsight. the flight model has for a very long time been ...problematic.

which is all true but one does not need to be infantile about coping with such issues.

Whats the OP so upset about? Genuine question. What are the gamebreaking bugs that would necessitate such an extreme request/response?

I love flying the Mig. What am I missing/doing wrong?

Rage...

I personally feel the exploit over the radar and its R3R's a fairly large issue for me - because i have been encountering it a lot lately. Now if people would not exploit it, no problem...But... They do.

There seems to be two camps:

1. people unaware that it is an exploit because they do not know any better, and

2. there are the people who are knowledgeable enough to know better, but prefer to lay the blame on the receivers of the said exploit, because its 'their' problem if they play thinking the mig-21 cannot look-down and lock as well as shoot radar missiles toward the ground from high above to NOE flying aircraft, or even go so far as to think its their problem because they are getting hit by these missiles, regardless of whether their plane even has the ability to detect a radar lock or not. the first group is forgivable but the second have no character, and in my book are no different than cheaters.

Get a large enough group of cheaters not held in check and they ruin the environment for everyone. This can really only be solved by action from the devs, and ED, as there is no known character test for a PvP environment. If cheaters become too prevalent then it poisons the environment, if they are rare, a better environment thrives and looks down upon them, making them go elsewhere - generally.

I love the mig-21, i would recommend placing broken systems in an "offline" state until they are repaired to a better level. No harm would come, and I think it would be healthier than the current situation where its become a bit "mired".