Hellcat or Corsair?

carss

I recall LN announcing somewhere that the Corsair was in the pipeline for DCS. I also did see a pic of the Hellcat in the background on the LN website.

Which of these two are in the works and how far have they come if they are?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Background art on the LN website is just background art. The F-4 for example is a render of past work a team member did for another dev team for FSX iirc. They've never said they're doing a Hellcat.

Corsair last we heard was on hold while they were working on other projects (Viggen and F-14). I'd imagine they'll pick it up again soon.

Background art on the LN website is just background art. The F-4 for example is a render of past work a team member did for another dev team for FSX iirc. They've never said they're doing a Hellcat.

Corsair last we heard was on hold while they were working on other projects (Viggen and F-14). I'd imagine they'll pick it up again soon.

The viggen is out already . Its a finished project, save for the Map they have planned for it, and of course mandatory bug crunching of a new release.

Otherwise it seems they are focused soley on the F14.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Corsair is unfortunate remnant of "Pacific theatre" set of aircraft we had plans to develop 3 years ago.

It was mostly me who was working on it since I had to make some research to prepare myself and a tem for large Pacific project (many human and AI planes, ships, ground units, and a map) and I needed single-piston-engine aircraft. Corsair was good enough for that purpose, since other aircraft had no finished-functional 3d model.

NOTE: even the Corsair hadn't finished 3d model, but it was looking good enough.

Corsair was in a good shape back in 2015 and beginning of 2016, but then mostly abandoned due to our internal problems.

I felt bad about that aircraft, having a feeling it will go down the drain eventually, so we made a deal to take it, giving some of our rights in return.

I hope it will be well done and accepted once we shift our focus to it again. It's very interesting aircraft. The most impressive is it's size and power, at least to me.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Corsair is unfortunate remnant of "Pacific theatre" set of aircraft we had plans to develop 3 years ago.

It was mostly me who was working on it since I had to make some research to prepare myself and a tem for large Pacific project (many human and AI planes, ships, ground units, and a map) and I needed single-piston-engine aircraft. Corsair was good enough for that purpose, since other aircraft had no finished-functional 3d model.

NOTE: even the Corsair hadn't finished 3d model, but it was looking good enough.

Corsair was in a good shape back in 2015 and beginning of 2016, but then mostly abandoned due to our internal problems.

I felt bad about that aircraft, having a feeling it will go down the drain eventually, so we made a deal to take it, giving some of our rights in return.

I hope it will be well done and accepted once we shift our focus to it again. It's very interesting aircraft. The most impressive is it's size and power, at least to me.

Looking forward to when you can give her some love again. Love to fly her! :thumbup: Thanks for the insight.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Dolphin, out of curiosity, are loadouts for the Corsair decided on yet, if so, does it have Tiny Tim rockets for example.

We did not get to the point of weapons implementation, apart from internal guns. Once we restart development, we will equip the Corsair with everything it historically had - provided we can implement it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.mobygames.com%2Fimages%2Fshots%2Fs%2F6262-aces-of-the-pacific-dos-screenshot-in-cockpit-of-f6f.jpg&sp=5e2dc0684da0b2bdb3d342a764471828

After many years... flying a corsair again! A dream come true. :pilotfly:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Dophin877 the Corsair has not the main project actually to a new module by Magnitud3?

if not, what era and / or plane has actually in the target by the team?

Yes, I second this...

It sounds like the Corsair is not currently in production from the statements being made. If this is the case, is there an aircraft currently in production?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.mobygames.com%2Fimages%2Fshots%2Fs%2F6262-aces-of-the-pacific-dos-screenshot-in-cockpit-of-f6f.jpg&sp=5e2dc0684da0b2bdb3d342a764471828

After many years... flying a corsair again! A dream come true. pilotfly.gif

1942: pacific air war! The beginning of my fly sim disease!

Correct me if wrong, but that picture look more like Aces of the Pacific to me :)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

No need to correct, it's AoP indeed, in its all 1992 glory :D. Beginning of my flight sim hobby as well, and a damn curse, 'cause I'm still mostly interested in Far East today, while sadly there have been no Pacific-related flight sims of such a massive scale ever since.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Correct me if wrong, but that picture look more like Aces of the Pacific to me :)

regards,

RR

That is Aces of the Pacific for sure! I would know: I spent a large chunk of my childhood playing that sim!!! :joystick:

P.S. I preferred to fly the P-38J though. :music_whistling:

"Lawyer by Profession, Pilot by Heart...and self-confessed Harrier tragic"

It sounds like the Corsair is not currently in production from the statements being made. If this is the case, is there an aircraft currently in production?

Have you read Dolphin's early roadmap statement? It's quite clear on their short term goals. There is also this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3080445&postcount=9

LN can't talk about the new module, until they have a firm contract. Fingers crossed. I'm guessing everything depends on whether that will go according to plan.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Definitely Corsair

F4U Corsair Please

I was given the excellent opportunity to help award Pappy Boyington with a wood replica of the Corsair that was hand-carved by a guy I worked with (back in the 70's).

This was at the Toronto CNE. Pappy gave me a signed print (which some prick stole from me years ago !).

I'd love to fly a Corsair.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I really hope we will get a Zero but sadly i think LN has abandoned the PTO except for the Corsair.

I was so happy to hear they were doing the PTO... :(

Zero is on our list. I hope we will get there. It won't be easy for the Zero since it's Japanese plane: documentation could be problematic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I could be a help here Dolphin. Spent last 7 years researching Japanese aviation, have some original documentation or drawings - both in Japanese and English. Plenty more to find but there is a solid base.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7