DCS Vietnam by Leatherneck Sims?

The_Pharoah

I think a couple of century series fighters should do. The F-4 might not be possible as it cannot be made for the same reason as the F-22 and F-35 or the newer Russian planes can be made. But I think at least the F-104 or F-106, or maybe the F-100 might do.

Heck I even know a Nam era pilot who flew both the F-100 and the F-106 along with a bunch of other planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Or how about an F-8 Crusader since that plane played a huge role in Vietnam naval aviation? It's a great 2.5 gen aircraft and was a great dogfighter back in it's day. I think it might just be the perfect counter to the upcoming Mig-19 as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

I think a couple of century series fighters should do. The F-4 might not be possible as it cannot be made for the same reason as the F-22 and F-35 or the newer Russian planes can be made. But I think at least the F-104 or F-106, or maybe the F-100 might do.

Heck I even know a Nam era pilot who flew both the F-100 and the F-106 along with a bunch of other planes.

actually no not for the same reason.

F22 or F35 ( or modern russian fighterswouldnt) happen anytime soon because these aircraft haveclassified systems. ( F35 just started entering service)

these wouldnt happen unless maybe they got a contract to make a MIL grade sim and permitted them to make a dumbed down Civilian version without sensitive stuff being non- functioning. ( kind of like veo with the EF tpyhoon)

However F4 phantoms have been long declassified. lack of info or Classified documents certainly wouldn't be an obstruction

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

actually no not for the same reason.

F22 or F35 ( or modern russian fighterswouldnt) happen anytime soon because these aircraft haveclassified systems. ( F35 just started entering service)

these wouldnt happen unless maybe they got a contract to make a MIL grade sim and permitted them to make a dumbed down Civilian version without sensitive stuff being non- functioning. ( kind of like veo with the EF tpyhoon)

However F4 phantoms have been long declassified. lack of info or Classified documents certainly wouldn't be an obstruction

I recall the F-4 not being made because of classified info even to this day is what I heard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO LN HAS, HAS to develop Gripen.......one can dream and hope.......

There was a post on SAAB's official page about the upcoming Viggen and LN commented saying "Hey SAAB, let's also make a Gripen possible shall we"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recall the F-4 not being made because of classified info even to this day is what I heard

well thats just isnt true. you have heard wrong.

its illogical to think the F4 is classified when there is enough data for LN to create a F14 or ED with the F18. In a simulation it has been developed before. In FSX Milviz had made a full fidelity F4E , S & J.

anyways can find manual easily on the internet. these are all declassified F4 documents

For EG

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnelldouglas/f-4phantomii.html

Also I think the F-100 would be perfect to counter Razbam's Mig-19, since without it the Mig would be an orphan aircraft

sure that would be nice too, however RaZbma's Mig19 opponent for will be the Mirage 3 ( also planned yRazbam). Not the ideal counterpart even IMO, but these faced each other in Arab Isreali wars.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

sure that would be nice too, however RaZbma's Mig19 opponent for will be the Mirage 3 ( also planned yRazbam). Not the ideal counterpart even IMO, but these faced each other in Arab Isreali wars.

Well the Mirage II falls more into the Viggen, Mig-21 and F-5E catagory, it's a generation 3 supersonic plane. To counter the Mig-19 you need a generation 2 supersonic plane like the F-100 or maybe event he Dassault Super Mystere

F100-Super-Sabre1.jpg

8303.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the Mirage II falls more into the Viggen, Mig-21 and F-5E catagory, it's a generation 3 supersonic plane. To counter the Mig-19 you need a generation 2 supersonic plane like the F-100 or maybe event he Dassault Super Mystere

No incorrect.

Mirage 3C is actually still second generation category jet. Frances first real 3rd gen jet would be the Mirage F1.

Not all Second generation planes are day fighters.

Mig21Bis is 3rd gen, but older models Like Mig21PF and PFM with radar still count as 2nd generation. have weaker radars and no RWR function. F104 is also Gen 2 ( at least when looking at A & C variations) even the English Electronic lighting is a Gen 2 design. Granted later designs but still falling within gen 2 category.

I get what you are saying ( which i never disputed and Infact agree with) From a Development Perspective the F100 and Mig19 are closerish since both are day fighters. However Razbams making the MIg19P which has a Rp1 IZumrud search radar.

However from a historical Perspective Mig19 and F100 never actually met in combat nor did either shoot each other down.

Mig19 on the other hand were used in the 1967 6 day war ( and to a lesser extent 1973 Yom kiuppur war) , and faced against Isreali Piloted Mirage 3C J

Same in vietnam. a Mig17F is not a F105 contemporary in technology bu it is from a historical perspective because they faced agaisnt each other and both shot each other down. Similarly 2ng gen Mig21PF or PFM is not F4 counterpart from technology perspective, But is from a historical one. since Vietnamese pil 21Pf's shot down F105s and F4's. From a tech perspecitve A Not even Mig21Bis is on the same level, and a Mig23 is closer to the Phantoms capabilities.

So to sum up whilst Mig19 and f100 are closer contemporaries from initial developmental technology, and Service dates, the Mirage 3 and Mig19 are technically still contemporaries ( especially from a historical perspective) because they faced each other in combat and both scored kills against one another, and thus Would fit in a Realisitc scenario, whilst Mig19 vs F100 never fought each other ( cold war never went hot) nor did they in Vietnam ( agaisnt the Chinese copy) since the hun was for the most part a secondary line jet ( relative to F105 and F4) used mostly for CAS and strike functions only within South vietnam.

Even looking at thier Flight performance though. Mig19 seems to be the better of the two. F100 is more versatile better as a FIghter-Bomber, but for strickly A2a combat Mig19 will have the upper hand since its a higher performing aircraft still. yes top Speed is only a tad bit high as Mach 1.35 vs Mach 1.3 of the Super sabre, but Mig19s got a better P2W ratio. Both of its engines produce more thrust than the HUn does, It will still climb faster and Accelerate better. The F100D's climbs rate is 22,400 FT per min whilst the Mig19 boasts 35,000 FT per min Climb rate. so stats compared to the Mig19 the Huns a bit under powered considering its heavier air frame and taking those aforementioned stats into consideration.

Super Mystere on the other hand is way behind those two. Very underpowered compared to them. even with afterburners has even less performance than the HUN. can only go mach 1.12 and its only has 9,992 lbs of thrust even with afterburners. ( less than dry military thrust of the Hun) whilst still weighing more than the Mig19.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

People keep assuming that the Phantom is being blocked by the rights holders because VEAO said an NDA was preventing them from speaking about why they can't do it. I'm guessing the NDA is from ED and it's because ED or another 3rd party got dibs on the Phantom.

RE: MiG-21 variants - Would there be a problem with a purely cosmetic cockpit makeover for the BiS to make it at least look and function somewhat like a period accurate variant? Could you not just paint over the radar for the -F variant but keep the gunsight rangefinding? Or for the -PF variant just use the same radar but with the wonky looking scope? Plus things like restricting it to Atoll missiles instead of Aphids.

I seem to remember Cobra saying other MiG-21 variants ain't happening because it would have to be completely remade - I don't know if it's because the above ideas are actually unfeasible or would simply go against the realism ethic. But North Vietnam getting souped up -bis engines could compensate for the fact that no one on the US team is going to be abiding by that stupid visual ID ROE. I think a jury-rigged variant is better than just the plain BiS for Vietnam, maybe it could be outsourced to community modders?

I do wonder how DCS is going to deal with theater-relevant variants in general, seeing as how it isn't financially sound to sell them separately or make new ones from the ground up for free and add them as a package for existing modules. I would be completely fine with corner cutting.

EDIT: Just realized the rights changed hands for the -21, wrong forum! :doh:

Edited by ChoSeungWan

Wouldn't call them "the same". I don't follow VEAO's project, but I believe they're doing some early Tranche variant, with limited combat capabilites, plus it's still not clear how many systems they'll be allowed to simulate as in real thing, and how many are going to be non-functional or approximated because of information clearance reasons (just like in ED's A-10C).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The century series have been in demand in DCS for quite a long time, and at one point the F-104 and F-100 were even being made but sadly got cancelled. Both are mentioned here in this list along with a whole bunch of other planes but sadly almost all of these were cancelled.......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96607

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess the focus in on prop driven scenarios as you can develop any WWII in less time than any computer aided airframe, stuffed with radar and mfd's.

Iwo Jimo would be 90% water and 10% land, also a lot faster to finish than any mainly surface bound map.

just my 2 cents for why the focus seems to be there for now

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Iwo Jimo would be 90% water and 10% land, also a lot faster to finish than any mainly surface bound map.

just my 2 cents for why the focus seems to be there for now

Not really. An Iwo Jima map also requires the creation and coding of WWII carriers, battleships, cruisers, destroyers, landing craft, infantry, tanks (US/Japan), artillery, AI aircraft, etc. They can't just create a map and the F4U. People want to fight the battle. Plus, without functioning modern aircraft carriers/carrier aircraft, the map is useless for those who only fly jets. Way too small an island for more than one side to use as a base.

I agree, still i think bottom line this is less work than vietnam or a comparable scenario. I also focus on exclusiv WWII layout

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X