DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread

FSFIan

On 12/11/2023 at 12:06 AM, ESzczesniak said:

As I'm endeavoring on my journey to move from Hub to Fork on DCS-BIOS and also start programming my own boards (servo gauges in particular), I have 3 questions:

1. Where's the best place for the most active support/help?  I'm guessing there's a discord somewhere, but Googling "DCS-BIOS Fork Discord" didn't get me very far.

I PMed the invite link - not sure if I should put it here.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,
Can I program a normal push button in DCS-BIOS so that the signal remains, after pressing it once and the signal disappears, again when it is pressed again?

I would like to use normal LED push buttons for these keys in the Select Jettison Panel of the F/A-18C.

The button should then only check the status of the signal.
If signal present --> signal off
If signal off --> signal on

PushButton.png

Edited by Rapti

On 12/19/2023 at 9:50 AM, Rapti said:

Hello everyone,
Can I program a normal push button in DCS-BIOS so that the signal remains, after pressing it once and the signal disappears, again when it is pressed again?

I would like to use normal LED push buttons for these keys in the Select Jettison Panel of the F/A-18C.

The button should then only check the status of the signal.
If signal present --> signal off
If signal off --> signal on

Yes.
You can use ActionButton.  ActionButton only triggers on the press action, not the release.
For that particular button (Station Jettison Select Centre):

DcsBios::ActionButton sjCtr("SJ_CTR", "TOGGLE", PIN);

"SJ_CTR" is the switch function.
"TOGGLE" is what you want it to do when triggered.
PIN is the input pin number.

Edited by No1sonuk
  • Like 1

Yes.
You can use ActionButton.  ActionButton only triggers on the press action, not the release.
For that particular button (Station Jettison Select Centre):

DcsBios::ActionButton sjCtr("SJ_CTR", "TOGGLE", PIN);

"SJ_CTR" is the switch function.
"TOGGLE" is what you want it to do when triggered.
PIN is the input pin number.
Thanks, I have to try this.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G988B mit Tapatalk

On 12/1/2023 at 4:40 PM, hrnet940 said:

Will do!

Wayne

Have you found a solution? I’m still fighting with mine… 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:40 PM, hrnet940 said:

Edited by Bdoyle13

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

6 hours ago, Bdoyle13 said:

Have you found a solution? I’m still fighting with mine… 

What seems to be working for me is bringing up the connect-serial-port.cmd and enter the port for my IFEI (for me it is 9)(I am using the one from TekCreations) and hitting enter; I leave this window open but move it to my second monitor.  I then open multiple-com-ports.cmd and don't do anything, but move it to my second monitor leaving it open.  Since I have been doing this, everything has been staying stable and working great. This is the first step that I do before going flying. Second step is getting my SimAppPro up and working. Third is starting VAICOM.  Forth is starting TrackIR. Fifth is starting DCS.  I will post a picture in the next few minutes.  I need to restart my computer for everything to sync.

I hope this helps.

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

DCS Startup.jpg

This is what my second monitor looks like when I start DCS to fly.  The top window shows DCS code rolling when I am in the sim and flying while the bottom window doesn't change.

Wayne 

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

You should not need to activate both  connect-serial-port.cmd and multiple-com-ports.cmd.

But you must include in the multiple-com-ports.cmd all ports you want to use (edit the file).
If you use both, the multiple-com-ports.cmd must not include the port which is activated with the connect-serial-port.cmd.

16 hours ago, hrnet940 said:

DCS Startup.jpg

This is what my second monitor looks like when I start DCS to fly.  The top window shows DCS code rolling when I am in the sim and flying while the bottom window doesn't change.

Wayne 

Awesome I will try this Friday. Appreciate the response! 

4 hours ago, Msiipola said:

You should not need to activate both  connect-serial-port.cmd and multiple-com-ports.cmd.

But you must include in the multiple-com-ports.cmd all ports you want to use (edit the file).
If you use both, the multiple-com-ports.cmd must not include the port which is activated with the connect-serial-port.cmd.

Shouldn’t have to but if it works.. it is dcs things happen. 

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

• 1 month later...

I think my brain is having a meltdown. I am well and truly stuck on getting a switch matrix to work. I have tried the following 2 approaches. Neither produce any signs of life from my panel. This is well above my capability it seems. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a number of potentiometers, rotary encoders and 3 way switches on the panel, which are not included in the matrix. These all work fine.

I'm using an Arduino Mega, DCS BIOS Fork, a keypad and 43 switches in a 8 column x 7 row matrix using diodes to stop ghosting.

MyAltSwitchMatrix.txt MySwitchMatrix.txt